Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinelorrainesic
Stranger

Yet another question (Light distance)
    #769235 - 02/16/15 10:08 PM (9 years, 1 month ago)

Hi everyone I'm attempting two plants with a 150w HPS light inside of my grow tent. Temps usually range 70-89 depending on time of day/weather outside. *yes my grow tent is outside in a greenhouse. (Stealth) anyways... I've seen a light distance chart

http://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-forum/showthread.php?362-Light-Distance-Chart-s

and If I read this right, I can have my plants anywhere from 4"-12" and still be optimal? That seems close to me because that lamp gives off heat. Right now I have only two seedlings about a week old. I'd say they're almost 2' under that light and have been growing okay.. I'm just afraid I'll burn them if I move them close to the light. Any thoughts? Can I move them that close to the light?

You guys have been so helpful, and my plants thank you!

--------------------

“I think people need to be educated to the fact that marijuana is not a drug. Marijuana is an herb and a flower. God put it here. If He put it here and He wants it to grow, what gives the government the right to say that God is wrong?”
Willie Nelson quotes

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinelorrainesic
Stranger

Re: Yet another question (Light distance) [Re: lorrainesic]
    #769236 - 02/16/15 10:12 PM (9 years, 1 month ago)

That's my seedling at the moment

--------------------

“I think people need to be educated to the fact that marijuana is not a drug. Marijuana is an herb and a flower. God put it here. If He put it here and He wants it to grow, what gives the government the right to say that God is wrong?”
Willie Nelson quotes

Invisibleoeric mckenna
Pure Indica

Loc: Mars
Re: Yet another question (Light distance) [Re: lorrainesic]
    #769241 - 02/16/15 11:04 PM (9 years, 1 month ago)

Just use your hand to determine how hot the light feels at various distances. 150 bulbs don't give off to much heat but it'd be a matter of whether or not that heat was building up or not.  I ran a 150hps before and had it practally on top of my little plant with no issues.

--------------------
***Handing someone your life's work....in a single seed = :laugh: ***

HIGHER THAN A GEORGIA PINE

Oeric's Winter Grow Projects

Offlinelorrainesic
Stranger

Re: Yet another question (Light distance) [Re: oeric mckenna]
    #769291 - 02/17/15 04:16 PM (9 years, 1 month ago)

I moved them closer and the leaves were standing straight up was that too close? I lowered my plants away from the light just a tad

--------------------

Willie Nelson quotes

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals