Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineSleepAid
Oxford comma advocate
 User Gallery

VA Senate Panel Rejects Marijuana Decriminalization Bill
    #767696 - 01/28/15 08:09 PM (9 years, 2 months ago)

Click to watch NBC news video

RICHMOND, Va (WVIR) - Possession of marijuana will remain a criminal charge in Virginia after a decriminalization bill was snuffed out in Richmond Wednesday afternoon.
The Republican-controlled state Senate Courts of Justice Committee rejected a decriminalization bill from 30th District Senator Adam Ebbin (D) on a party-line 9-5 vote.

The measure would have eliminated jail time for possession of marijuana, instead making it punishable by a maximum $100 civil penalty.

Sen. Ebbin argued that criminalization of marijuana has failed to reduce use of the drug and has made criminals out of nonviolent citizens. The senator was supported by the American Civil Liberties Union and the NAACP, which drew attention to racial disparities in marijuana arrests.

The bill drew opposition from the Virginia State Police, the Fraternal Order of Police and the Virginia Association of Commonwealth's Attorneys.

After a panel heard the arguments for or against the bill, it skirted an actual vote by by-passing the measure indefinitely.

source

--------------------
Signature this, ho.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinecheezymold
That Guy

Re: VA Senate Panel Rejects Marijuana Decriminalization Bill [Re: SleepAid]
    #767703 - 01/28/15 08:59 PM (9 years, 2 months ago)

Fuck everything about Virginia.  Same state that wants to make rolling right hand turns a felony.  Asshole cops yanked me out of my car and kept me face down in the dirt for an hour while they illegally yanked the inside of my car apart.  Was pulled over because my center brake light was out and the cop said he smelled pot.  Lying asshole.  That was 15 years ago and I only smoked for the first time 3 years ago. 

What was sad is while the cop that pulled me over was searching my shit, another cop pulled up and was teasing me about the first cops behavior while I was laying there.  Pulled all of the panels off my doors, pulled the stereo out, and dumped all of my belongings on the ground behind my car.  Then he wrote me a ticket for the light being out and left.  I had to call a tow truck because he broke the ground for my lights. 

If I knew as much about law as I do now, I would have had that cops head on a pike.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order