Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Invisiblepoor boy
Village Idiot
 User Gallery

grocery shopping
    #765276 - 01/13/15 11:07 AM (9 years, 2 months ago)

Walk me through your grocerying...

How often do you shop? Is your list basic? Meats, veggies, and sides. Do you make something new every night that requires 40.00 of ingridents or are you a tight shopper. Milk, bread, cheese, lunch meat, chips, cereal, ramen, and something fancy like ground meat and taco seasoning?

--------------------
Learning to love life by living through loss and mistakes
Lessons learned then gradually surfacing, Letting go, stripping naked to scream
I am not perfect nor do I strive to be, I am alive in this world of face first falls and public breakdowns
I'm a retarded, disfigured clown
Dying to be heard through the simple art of letting this heavy wall finally fall
I'm an equal being of no race, or color, a hallucination if you will
Sneaking into the lives of strangers, and letting them fall apart to a new rhythm just to feel better

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleP-O

Re: grocery shopping [Re: poor boy]
    #765280 - 01/13/15 11:37 AM (9 years, 2 months ago)

twice a week

I eats tons of fresh veggies and fruit (and meats). 

I try and buy all "Raw" food (fuck preservatives) .

Invisibledrawde
Re: grocery shopping [Re: P-O]
    #765283 - 01/13/15 12:12 PM (9 years, 2 months ago)

Usually one bigger shop a week. Sometimes a second smaller one.

I usually don't make a list unless there are things I need that I don't normally buy.

I start in the produce section usually. Some things I only buy organic but not the majority of my fresh produce.
There are a few things I won't buy conventionally grown that both are toxin laden and have thin permeable membranes to soak up all those toxins.
Mostly Celery, blueberries, apples and peppers.
I usually don't even buy peppers or blueberries (off season) at all because organic is so expensive.

Then I usually hit up the health food section for cereal, tortilla chips, rice/flax/soy 'milk', kamut pasta and some other things.

I don't usually venture into the rest of the store unless I need something basic like cooking oil, salt, sugar, etc..

--------------------
King Koopa said:
The amount of pot that Gask smokes is equivalent to a guy shooting heroin on weekends

Edited by drawde (01/13/15 12:20 PM)

Invisiblestill beLIEve
State Property..Again
Male

Loc: a world thats not my own
Re: grocery shopping [Re: drawde]
    #765324 - 01/13/15 03:41 PM (9 years, 2 months ago)

id be interested to hear about this as well. id like to get more into cooking, where i get a little more intuitive about what i want to make and what i will need for it. i follow directions very well and if i have a recipe i can get what i need for it, and follow it to a T and it turns out really well. but im not comfortable enough with it to just be at the grocery store and be able to pick all these things up that i can incorporate into meals and such.

so because of that i eat out (cheap, but good) a lot, and when i do go to the store its like, frozen ravioli, chips and salsa, bacon, eggs, fruit, easy shit like that. cuz if i have snacks and breakfast shit, then me and my GF only gotta worry about dinner, and theres so many good, cheap places with deals here we can eat pretty cheap (10-12 dollars for the two of us) most nights.

--------------------
niteowl said:
See, that term pedo gets thrown around a lot.
Is a 16 year old guy having sex w/a 16 year old girl a pedophile?
If not, then how is a 30 year old considered a pedophile for doing the same thing?
I think y'all need to look up the definition for pedophile.

Invisibledrawde
Re: grocery shopping [Re: still beLIEve]
    #765328 - 01/13/15 04:25 PM (9 years, 2 months ago)

I have a vegetable curry simmering on the stove right now and wild rice cooking.

My mother cooked every single meal for us as kids and I was always expected to help out in the kitchen, so it's sort of just second nature for me.
Plus I follow a vegan diet so I have no choice but to cook unless I want to eat very little variety.

Recipes are kind of overrated. The most important advice I could give you is to learn the foundations of cooking.
These are different for what kind of cuisine is in your diet, but there are a lot of similarities/parallels across cuisines.
Once you have the foundations down, you can just think up whatever you feel like eating and what variation of it you want.

--------------------
King Koopa said:
The amount of pot that Gask smokes is equivalent to a guy shooting heroin on weekends

Invisibleoeric mckenna
Pure Indica

Loc: Mars
Re: grocery shopping [Re: drawde]
    #765329 - 01/13/15 04:54 PM (9 years, 2 months ago)

I'm basically poor as hell.  peanut butter and jelly is my daily work food.
in winter at home I eat bacon & eggs, ground beef

I shop whenever I can afford food.
  In summer, I'm a bit of a forager and like to live on what's around me, whever possible.
Wild mushrooms, game, berries, fruits,  goose eggs ect...

--------------------
***Handing someone your life's work....in a single seed = :laugh: ***

HIGHER THAN A GEORGIA PINE

Oeric's Winter Grow Projects

Invisibledrawde
Re: grocery shopping [Re: oeric mckenna]
    #765465 - 01/14/15 09:10 AM (9 years, 2 months ago)

I do wild harvest as well. Mostly mushrooms and fiddleheads, sometimes leaks. Love it.

--------------------
King Koopa said:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates