Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleChemical Addiction
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
questions on first hydro grow turned half-assed grow log
    #758219 - 11/20/14 06:43 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

I bought two ebb/flow set ups (piece by piece to save a little money), one for vegetative and one for flowering.

I understand the lighting from growing in soil, the nutrients have directions on the bottle, I'm using botanicare liquid karma 5 ml/gallon for the rooting clones but I have CNS 17 Grow,CNS 17 Bloom and CNS 17 Ripe for later

I have a 20 gallon reservoir if that makes a difference, the veg set up only has one air stone, the flowering will have two but I don't know how often to run them.

The timers are in half hour increments. Below are some pictures of set up so far. The guy at the hydro store said I should put a layer of clay pebbles at the bottom so the roots don't get smashed but they float so I decided against it.

He also said to change out the water once a week since I don't have PPM meter. I get my water from a machine outside of the convenient store that filters water for drinking because the water here has a lot of chlorine in it

I made cuttings last sunday and plan to put the plugs into the larger rockwool cubes this sunday (will stay in tray under dome until following sunday)

Questions:
1) How long/often should the air stones run
2) How long/often should the pump run.
3) Is 15 gallons the right amount for a 20 gallon reservoir or should I do 20 because the water has to fill tray above it?
4) Is the information I've gathered so far correct i'm going to start veg set up not this sunday but the next.

Some pictures, can take more

I rinsed some clay pebbles in anticipation

The reservoir with the water pump and airston already set up

The clones 5 days old now

These are also clones that are a few weeks old, they will replace the original mother plants, I already threw the weaker ones out

EDIT: I forgot to mention the timers for the pumps are 15 min intervals not 30 like the air stone timers

--------------------
Sure. Don't expect me to compensate your wife and five retarded kids after I've drowned your exposed brain in my semen.
    Spider Jerusalem

Edited by Chemical Addiction (02/25/15 08:43 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Timer questions on first hydro grow [Re: Chemical Addiction]
    #758222 - 11/20/14 06:59 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

I've never found a need to ad air-stones so I'm not sure on that one.

The pump should be able to do the job in the half hour at the least. Myself I'd get new pumps if it didn't do the job in 15 minutes or less. You can run them every 3 hrs and have no problems.

Quote:

3) Is 15 gallons the right amount for a 20 gallon reservoir or should I do 20 because the water has to fill tray above it?

How many gallons does it take to flood the system. I like reservoirs that hold at least twice the amount needed to flush. (more actually)

Quote:

Is the information I've gathered so far correct i'm going to start veg set up not this sunday but the next.

If your serious about this get a ppm meter. PH can be done with drops and have no problem. I myself hate the quality of PH meters and only use the drops but that is a personal preference.

:happyweed:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Timer questions on first hydro grow [Re: Magash]
    #758225 - 11/20/14 07:07 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Thank you for the reply it's much apprecited, I will get a ppm meter but I spent almost $1200 on equipment/lights already so it will have to wait.

I also plan on getting more nutrients after I get a hydro grow under my belt, the nutrients have a chart with a whole bunch of different nutes but I just didn't have the spending money :frown:

does it matter if I get the ph drops from a pool supply store or should I get them from hydro store?

Also I don't know how many gallons I need to flood yet but I will figure it out next week, I have 25 gallons of filtered water just need to add nutrients

--------------------
Sure. Don't expect me to compensate your wife and five retarded kids after I've drowned your exposed brain in my semen.
    Spider Jerusalem

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #758229 - 11/20/14 07:13 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Thank you for the reply it's much apprecited, I will get a ppm meter but I spent almost $1200 on equipment/lights already so it will have to wait.

Been there I hear ya.

Quote:

I also plan on getting more nutrients after I get a hydro grow under my belt, the nutrients have a chart with a whole bunch of different nutes but I just didn't have the spending money

You just need the basic nutrients. 95% of the additives out are junk to take your money.

Quote:

does it matter if I get the ph drops from a pool supply store or should I get them from hydro store?

Doesn't matter. They both cost around the same and work the same way.

:thumbup::growingweed::thumbup:

:happyweed:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Timer questions on first hydro grow [Re: Magash]
    #758231 - 11/20/14 07:18 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Thanks again, like the shroomery i'm sure the info can be found via the search engine, but everytime I look for something I get distracted by some of the threads that show up and forget I was looking for something, just start looking through tread after thread.... :stoned:

--------------------
    Spider Jerusalem

Invisiblevinsue
GRAND OLD FART
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Garden State(NJ) Flag
    #758232 - 11/20/14 07:34 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

GroweryAddiction said:
Thanks again, like the shroomery i'm sure the info can be found via the search engine, but everytime I look for something I get distracted by some of the threads that show up and forget I was looking for something, just start looking through tread after thread.... :stoned:

fixed...:grin:...:growingweed: . . . :peace:

--------------------
" One toke over the line...

Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Timer questions on first hydro grow [Re: vinsue]
    #758234 - 11/20/14 07:40 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

haha yeah I do enjoy just looking at growing plants, the screen name I used is the title of an Alice in Chains song, I fell in love with the title before I even listened to the song. (its a good song too)

--------------------
    Spider Jerusalem

Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #759411 - 11/27/14 08:24 AM (9 years, 3 months ago)

So I decided that I will use the closet for vegetative and will build a grow room similar to the on in Jorge Cervantes Ultimate Grow DVD only a little smaller for flowering.

My question after watching that videos again is will I need two lights? The plants will take up approximately 2.5 feet X 3.5 feet.

I was hoping to just buy one 1000W light but if I need two I will get two 600W lights

The main reason i'm doing this is so I can hook up a carbon filter, but also so the veg plants aren't just sitting out in my plant room in plain veiw.

--------------------
    Spider Jerusalem

Invisiblevinsue
GRAND OLD FART
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Garden State(NJ) Flag
    #759415 - 11/27/14 08:56 AM (9 years, 3 months ago)

I think you'll need 2 lights because you want to veg at 18 hrs/day and flower at 12/12.:shrug:,
but I could be wrong. I'm a relative noob, too.

:goodluck: . . . :peace:

--------------------
" One toke over the line...

Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Timer questions on first hydro grow [Re: vinsue]
    #759427 - 11/27/14 09:36 AM (9 years, 3 months ago)

I already have a light for veg and will only use one for vegetative, I was asking if I need two for flowering, there will be 8 plants in a container that's 26" wide by 43.5" long.

--------------------
    Spider Jerusalem

InvisibleStonethM
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Male User Gallery

Loc: No where ville, USA Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #759431 - 11/27/14 09:53 AM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

My question after watching that videos again is will I need two lights? The plants will take up approximately 2.5 feet X 3.5 feet.

One ligth will do.
At that size a 400 or 600 would do well.
A 1000 would also work, but I'd predict some heat issues at some point in that small of a room.

InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #759438 - 11/27/14 10:15 AM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Chemical Addiction said:
I already have a light for veg and will only use one for vegetative, I was asking if I need two for flowering, there will be 8 plants in a container that's 26" wide by 43.5" long.

8 plants in a container that small?  Not the best of ideas.  But if you are going to do it, use 8 clones of the same strain, not from seed, but clones.

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Timer questions on first hydro grow [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #759500 - 11/27/14 04:58 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

the room will be 8'W X 8'L X 7.5'H in case I want a second flowering set up, I posted a pic above of what i'm vegging in. I have the same thing for flowering.

I already ordered the plastic have to get light, in-line and oscillating fans, 2 X 4's for the frame and I have some romex (sp?) left over from another job.

Here is what I will be flowering in it was labeled as 2X4' but wsn't that big when measured, I already took 8 clones in rockwool.

--------------------
    Spider Jerusalem

Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #759501 - 11/27/14 05:00 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

I think I will stick with one air cooled 1000W since lights are expensive

--------------------
    Spider Jerusalem

User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #759541 - 11/27/14 11:26 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

My bad, the photos didn't show up on my phone.  I thought you were using soil.

I would recommend PVC pipes for the frame over wood.

--------------------

-niteowl

Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #759558 - 11/28/14 05:50 AM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Because they hold moisture or because of price? I do build some stuff out of pvc but it would be nice to drill into wood when mounting stuff like fans/electric boxes

--------------------
    Spider Jerusalem

User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #759667 - 11/28/14 08:47 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Lighter, cheaper, easy to take down and put up.  Zip ties work great to mount things to it.  PVC can also be drilled into as well.  It is also much easier to sanitize than wood.

--------------------

-niteowl

Offlinebudgrowerwannabe
Bum fighter
Male User Gallery

#759675 - 11/28/14 09:30 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

So I dont think i understand?

Your 2 question. Did you get an answer? I think Mag said every 3 hours is good. But not sure. The reason Im saying Is I want to know my self how many/long, and times should you pump water or spray the roots.

Edited by budgrowerwannabe (11/28/14 09:33 PM)

User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Timer questions on first hydro grow [Re: budgrowerwannabe]
    #759677 - 11/28/14 09:33 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Well it depends on the type of Hydro system you have.  Are you going to be running ebb/flow, dwc, aero?

--------------------

-niteowl

Offlinebudgrowerwannabe
Bum fighter
Male User Gallery

#759684 - 11/28/14 09:48 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Well I want to run the easiest. I have everything pumps and shit. Just dont know how offen the water should run. Either spray or flood?

Noob to the water hawk.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Cultivation Supplies