Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineFrizzleman
Stranger

Blue Dream (HSO) 1200 Watt HPS Grow Tent Journal
    #752485 - 10/12/14 05:44 PM (9 years, 5 months ago)

Hello Ladies and Gentlemen. I posted a link asking about some plant issues I am having. I figured since I took pics I might as well also start a log.

I would appreciate if any of you can give me some advice on the questions I posed in my post in the Deficiency secion. Link here....

http://www.growery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/752483

Anyway, here are my plants two weeks ago (right before switching the light cycle)

And here they are now.

Here are the deficiency problems that I am having. I hope somebody can give me some advice.

This pic is literally only one one branch of one plant. Strange

This is happening to a lot of my lower leaves, the rest of the plant however looks very green and healthy.

--------------------

"You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else." ~Albert Einstein

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinedelta9hippie
Stranger
Re: Blue Dream (HSO) 1200 Watt HPS Grow Tent Journal [Re: Frizzleman]
    #753569 - 10/17/14 04:21 AM (9 years, 5 months ago)

Nice, compact tent enclosure, at least. No ideas about the deficiency though. Kind of hard to distinguish in the HPS light. There are a couple deficiency guides out there that have ~30 different deficient cannabis leaves. Maybe download one, and compare them to yours?

OfflineFrizzleman
Stranger

Re: Blue Dream (HSO) 1200 Watt HPS Grow Tent Journal [Re: delta9hippie]
    #754596 - 10/25/14 04:00 PM (9 years, 5 months ago)

Hello Everybody,

Here are how my babies are coming along. It is hard to get a good picture with the light on so ill take some better ones a little bit later.

Anyway, I dont have a PPM meter so I think my ladies are taking nutes from the leaves that they are not getting even at full strength GH nutes. Obviously I have to invest in a good meter for my next cycles.

Let me know what you guys think

--------------------

"You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else." ~Albert Einstein

Invisiblecaptain.koons
Failed Botanist
Trusted Cultivator
    #756448 - 11/08/14 12:40 AM (9 years, 4 months ago)

As you can see in your pictures, the lower branches are in the shade, this is going to cause your plant to shed those lower leaves/branches as they're just extra weight for the plant. The necrosis or apparently deficiency of these leaves is either caused by the plant shedding those leaves and relocating the nutrients within or an existing Calcium def (however this is unlikely in lower leaves, as calcium is a rather immobile nutrient). I would put my money on there's not enough light and your plant is shedding leaves because they're not useful to the plant. The apparent def is the plant draining what's left of those leaves to further the rest of the plants success.

It would be helpful to track the progression of these things developing. Knowing your pH and ppm is also very useful.  I also suggest that you consider using a 1kw bulb for plants that are going to be over 2-2.5 ft tall and use a 1kw so you can better penetrate the canopy. You also want to at the very least prune bottom branches which will allow your plants to develop more in the larger branches, allow better airflow which means more co2 reaching the parts of the plant that will be developing. Possibly consider topping to increase your yields and grow the plants more bushy.

--------------------

TROLLS NEED LOVE TOO!

OfflineFrizzleman
Stranger

Re: Blue Dream (HSO) 1200 Watt HPS Grow Tent Journal [Re: captain.koons]
    #757074 - 11/13/14 09:10 AM (9 years, 4 months ago)

I actually did Top every plant except for one of them since it was smaller than the others. (Got a later start).

Anyway, I removed a lot of the branches early in flower that were not getting a lot of light. I dosed a little bit with Nitrogen to combat the yellowing (if that was the issue) and I added Cal-Mag.

Luckly for me, one of those things seemed to be the problem because all is good now. Today is the 7th week of flower, so I will post some pics up later on tonight to show progress. Things are coming along really nicely and I will begin flushing them this weekend to Harvest on the 9th week which im sure they will be ready for.

In the last week I have noticed a significant amount of swelling, the buds are getting larger and much harder than before. This will probably be my best harvest yet.

A few notes I have about Blue Dream

~ It is damn near impossible to nute burn these babies. I never feed full strength typically, this time I actually went over full strength for the recommended Agressive Bloom on GH nutes. I could have probably even gone higher, as there are litterally no signs of Nute Burn.

~There is a large variety of Phenotypes. I am talking like 5-6 out of 9 Plants are different. Some want to be tall as fuck, some have COMPLETELY different bud structure than others. Even smell ranges from Sweet to Cough Inducing like Jack Herer.

~I never really had any problems with mites of any kind. I found a big dead spider in my tent a week or so ago. That either means that the spider got so fucking high that he died, which isnt likely or that the spider literally had no bugs to eat and just starved to death.

So far I am extremely impressed with this plant and will absolutely be trying other strains from HSO

--------------------

OfflineFrizzleman
Stranger

#757124 - 11/13/14 06:08 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

My Camera is really shitty and just does not do it justice..... but here are some for the update

--------------------

Invisiblecaptain.koons
Failed Botanist
Trusted Cultivator
    #757132 - 11/13/14 07:23 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

These are Blue Dream from seed?

--------------------

TROLLS NEED LOVE TOO!

OfflineFrizzleman
Stranger

#757184 - 11/14/14 09:46 AM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Yes. The pics are embarrassing though. I need to find my Nikon to get some better ones. They look WAY better than I can get with this bullshit camera

--------------------

Invisiblecaptain.koons
Failed Botanist
Trusted Cultivator
    #757188 - 11/14/14 10:13 AM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Who makes the seeds?

Apparently DJ short's son made a Blue Dream like release of seeds called Azure Haze, I'm not sure if I'm willing to spend $170/10 seeds regardless of how promising they may be at this time though.

--------------------

TROLLS NEED LOVE TOO!

OfflineFrizzleman
Stranger

#757192 - 11/14/14 10:59 AM (9 years, 4 months ago)

--------------------

Invisibleoeric mckenna
Pure Indica

Loc: Mars
    #757283 - 11/14/14 08:46 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Looks really nice man :laugh:

Invisiblecaptain.koons
Failed Botanist
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Blue Dream (HSO) 1200 Watt HPS Grow Tent Journal [Re: oeric mckenna]
    #757287 - 11/14/14 09:00 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

When you say, it's impossible to burn them....

What ppm/ec is your solution? what are you running? if you already posted, im taking a look :P

I never run more than 1.6 EC and usually keep it more like 1.2-1.4 in peak flowering. Higher EC/PPM doesn't mean more yield, when it does it's usually because your yield potential is bottle necked by a lack of an element. A product that I'm actually thinking of using which is quite fucking expensive is Facilitator from Aptus Nutrients, it has bioavailable Si, B, and Mo I don't know if these are lacking in nutrient formulations but the stuff is worth at least it's weight in bud.

It's something like 50cents a ml bought in bulk but it's dosage is fairly low. It's supposed to help halt vertical growth without PGRs, I need to test that at some point. I tend to try a few products out here and there to see what the hype is about and this is one that I think I'll buy.

Another that I really liked was Roots Excel, but I don't know about this product, it seems like it's not quite as the mfg claims. They claim it's a natural/bacteria but apparently people who have scoped it can't find anything living in it. It does make your roots grow significantly quicker and protects them from root rot. It's also 50 cents a ml and dosage is 1ml/gal. Haven't bought this in a while due to not knowing what's in it and there was also recently a repackaging/ reformulation.

--------------------

TROLLS NEED LOVE TOO!

OfflineFrizzleman
Stranger

#757377 - 11/15/14 10:22 AM (9 years, 4 months ago)

I actually use Roots Excel by H&G, shis is expensive but it really it top notch. I am going to check out Facilitator, I love testing out different things. With rootes excel, I am very happy I did.

To be honest with you I dont have a PPM or EC meter, I know its stupid. I am just going on what I have fed previous plants compared to these. These fuckers dont seem to care how much you give them. They were yellowing at full strength GH nutes so I went to their recommended aggressive feeding schedule and still could have gone higher.

This is a list of the stuff I use

-GH Grow
-GH Micro
-GH Bloom
-Roots Excel (Most of Veg)
-GH FloraBlend
-GH Liquid Koolbloom
-CalMag
-GH Floralicious

I also fed these girls with pretty much every watering and did not even need to flush once. (I just flushed them all last night though as I am two weeks from Harvest)

--------------------

Offlinedmtcorey
~The time police~
 User Gallery

#762887 - 12/23/14 06:50 AM (9 years, 3 months ago)

i was going to say by the looks of the purple in the veins of the leaves it is a mag problem ,then you cleared it up with cal mag ..just pointing that out for next time .

--------------------
:whereismiddleman:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals