Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinenandodando
Stranger

Looking normal from the outside front window
    #754140 - 10/21/14 04:58 AM (9 years, 5 months ago)

I am worried about light escaping through and heat warming my windows so I intent to insulate it and block it off.

But the window is at the front of the house and the curtains always closed. The street is very quiet and in a student area with an ambient occasional smells and little walking traffic.

I intent for it to look just like normal. The window is receded into the wall by about 5-6" about a metre high and two across and is double glazed.

My intention was to use net curtains to disguise the situation hung inside the window recession, have Styrofoam insulation covered in a dark material behind it to give the impression that the room is simply dark.

And then hold it all in place with a sheet of plywood the size of the window behind it and have 4x small wooden blocks with a single screw each hold that board in place by being screwed into the window-frames recession, two at the top, two at the bottom.

This is a simple plan to hide activities and appear normal.

Do those of you with more experience view a problem or have a more simple solution?

Kind regards

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Looking normal from the outside front window [Re: nandodando]
    #754144 - 10/21/14 06:29 AM (9 years, 5 months ago)

Close the curtains like you already have it I'm sure. Take a box big enough to cover the window on the inside curtains and all. Paint the inside of the box black first and you can put a small light in the box also. Put the light on a timer and that way it looks like the room gets used from the light shining threw the curtains.

:happyweed:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

InvisibleP-O

Re: Looking normal from the outside front window [Re: Magash]
    #754447 - 10/23/14 11:39 PM (9 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Magash said:
Close the curtains like you already have it I'm sure. Take a box big enough to cover the window on the inside curtains and all. Paint the inside of the box black first and you can put a small light in the box also. Put the light on a timer and that way it looks like the room gets used from the light shining threw the curtains.

:happyweed:

:justastonishing:  pretty smart i gotta admit :thumbup:

Offlinenandodando
Stranger

Re: Looking normal from the outside front window [Re: P-O]
    #755374 - 10/31/14 04:58 AM (9 years, 5 months ago)

Works for me, thanks guys.
I worry that LED lights may look like it's just LED lights but it should look ok. :laugh:

Jump to top Pages: 1