Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineMr Magenta
Toruk Makto
Male

Facebook?
    #742703 - 08/03/14 09:35 AM (9 years, 7 months ago)

Do you use it? I do, i very much dislike it.
Why do i use it? Because my friends continue to use it actively, and it still serves a good purpose for informing those around of events being held.
I find most of the stuff people post to be dominated by crap, amongst shallow opinions and the rare actual worth reading post.
The thing that annoys me most is the resources it uses compared to other websites. I have no test figures or statistics to back this claim up, but the fact that my computer fans consistently become active after entering Facebook, and then stop once i leave is enough to warrant annoyance. I rely on mobile broadband, and once i go over the monthly data limit, it slows, and Facebook is an absolute drag to go on. It never used to be like that. The designers a fucked it, with no real improvements.
My most recent annoyance with it is that they've once again changed a nice simple feature, the events, to be more flashy and less functional.
It can be fun to troll, but god, i just wish a different social networking would dominate them with simplicity valued over flashiness.

It's a bit of a rant, but this thread has a point. What's your prospective on Facebook, or even social networking as a broad spectrum? There are many other controversial points i've deliberately left out because they don't concern me at this present time. I'm interested in what others think.

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleUltimateDevotion
TwistedByDesign
Male User Gallery

Re: Facebook? [Re: Mr Magenta]
    #742707 - 08/03/14 09:43 AM (9 years, 7 months ago)

You wanna be FB friends?

--------------------
Harry Detroit in 304 made one last promise now
"I'm goin out without a trace, a vanishing act before your eyes"

OfflineMr Magenta
Toruk Makto
Male

Re: Facebook? [Re: UltimateDevotion]
    #742708 - 08/03/14 09:50 AM (9 years, 7 months ago)

I'd rather remain Growery friends.

--------------------

TwistedByDesign
Male User Gallery

#742709 - 08/03/14 10:04 AM (9 years, 7 months ago)

Haha, just playin

--------------------

OfflineMr Magenta
Toruk Makto
Male

#742710 - 08/03/14 10:09 AM (9 years, 7 months ago)

Me too, i just sent you a friend request. :ninja: I can delete it if you don't really.

--------------------

TwistedByDesign
Male User Gallery

#742711 - 08/03/14 10:13 AM (9 years, 7 months ago)

I accepted. :highfive:

--------------------

OfflineRasJeph
Psycho Pete
Male

Loc: Bumfuckt Egypt
    #742732 - 08/03/14 04:12 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

I use it, I wish I didn't. I've mostly moved over to instagram, because I run a retro games and toys and collectibles business on there and I do very well.

--------------------
Of course it's happening inside your head.
Why should that mean it isn't real?

InvisibleBen18
Drunk Derelict
Male User Gallery

#742736 - 08/03/14 04:57 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

Facebook is lame. It is like flu shots, many people get them and still get the flu.

OfflineThebooedocksaint
Dead Dictator
 User Gallery

Loc: Wild & Free
Re: Facebook? [Re: Ben18]
    #742740 - 08/03/14 05:28 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

I like facebook as I get to post controversial things and troll republicunts.

Also some of my friends use it that I only am in contact with because of facebook. I'm a huge introvert so I'd rather not lose the friends I've already had to try to make.

Also I use my facebook account to coordinate tabletop roleplaying games with my friends, and to host resources for the games I run. I also have my "real" Skype account attached to my facebook so my friends I play league of legends with are already on my friends list. Everyone I play with is already on my friends list because they are all people I went to high school with.

--------------------
"Je pense, donc je suis (I am thinking, therefore I am)." -Rene Descartes

OfflineMidgetpawn
 User Gallery

Re: Facebook? [Re: Thebooedocksaint] * 1
    #742757 - 08/03/14 09:59 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

Does anyone remember when you couldn't even use facebook without specifying which college you go to or graduated from? it was specifically a college connection thing.

It's great for contests/competitions. I won like $150 in Canna products and almost 30 seeds in the first 2 weeks using it for contests. Though I went contest crazy at the time and entered like 20. I'd suggest just searching the brand name of any product you like, and there's a good chance the company that makes it is having contests.

As a majorly influential social media network I think it's overdue to die. I miss Friendster TBH, at least I was meeting cool people and getting laid using Friendster. Friendster died a premature death just like myspace, and I think it's time facebook dies for something else. Although the next thing will be even more corporate friendly since the trend has been for these social media sites to become more and more corporate and mainstream. IDK but facebook sucks no matter what my grandma says.

@rasjef. Hey do you have little smoking monkeys by any chance? I suppose it was more of a rest stop vending machine toy, but those were weird and cool. They would blow smoke rings all by themselves. Editadd: do you have any wacky wall climbers?!

OfflineRasJeph
Psycho Pete
Male

Re: Facebook? [Re: Midgetpawn]
    #742774 - 08/04/14 05:19 AM (9 years, 7 months ago)

Niether, but I will definitely keep an eye out! That sounds like stuff id grab anyway :smile:

--------------------

OfflineMidgetpawn
 User Gallery

Re: Facebook? [Re: RasJeph]
    #742789 - 08/04/14 08:52 AM (9 years, 7 months ago)

probably extremely rare toys. the wacky wall climbers might all be crispy and ruined by now.

It just occurred to me that facebook probably helped cut down the number of people who say hostile or douchey things in comments sections because they felt like they had a shield of anonymity.

OfflineMr Magenta
Toruk Makto
Male

Re: Facebook? [Re: Thebooedocksaint]
    #742879 - 08/05/14 06:02 AM (9 years, 7 months ago)

Geez guys. Lots of good stuff here. That's really cool you're able to use it successfully to advertise your business RasJeph.

Quote:

Thebooedocksaint said:
Also some of my friends use it that I only am in contact with because of facebook. I'm a huge introvert so I'd rather not lose the friends I've already had to try to make.

Also I use my facebook account to coordinate tabletop roleplaying games with my friends, and to host resources for the games I run. I also have my "real" Skype account attached to my facebook so my friends I play league of legends with are already on my friends list. Everyone I play with is already on my friends list because they are all people I went to high school with.

coordinating on Facebook is very useful too, Thebooedocksaint. I'd like to add, due to the easy networking, that you're referencing; i've found out about parties and attended thanks to Facebook. I've even made new acquaintances who've invited me to further parties thanks to Facebook.
This is actually what inspired the creation of this thread. I was pissed that the way events were set up, have been changed. I can no longer find out about open house parties easily.

Quote:

Midgetpawn said:
Does anyone remember when you couldn't even use facebook without specifying which college you go to or graduated from? it was specifically a college connection thing.

It's great for contests/competitions. I won like $150 in Canna products and almost 30 seeds in the first 2 weeks using it for contests. Though I went contest crazy at the time and entered like 20. I'd suggest just searching the brand name of any product you like, and there's a good chance the company that makes it is having contests.

As a majorly influential social media network I think it's overdue to die. I miss Friendster TBH, at least I was meeting cool people and getting laid using Friendster. Friendster died a premature death just like myspace, and I think it's time facebook dies for something else. Although the next thing will be even more corporate friendly since the trend has been for these social media sites to become more and more corporate and mainstream. IDK but facebook sucks no matter what my grandma says.

@rasjef. Hey do you have little smoking monkeys by any chance? I suppose it was more of a rest stop vending machine toy, but those were weird and cool. They would blow smoke rings all by themselves. Editadd: do you have any wacky wall climbers?!

What are you talking about man? Myspace was AWESOME, but the people whom used it were retards. I remember, i'd open up someone's page only to have a video auto play, and two songs at once. No wonder Myspace was doomed to die. Too much freedom can't be given to the masses. There's too many people who have no idea what to do with it.
I don't remember friendster or when Facebook was for schools. I was the last of my social group to sign up to Facebook, and i only did it because it was ll they could talk about and i was excluded from the conversations.

--------------------

InvisibleTripityDooDaDay
Male User Gallery

#743200 - 08/07/14 02:55 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

Btw, there is a FB page called Shroomery with 1005 likes. Did'nt see one for The Growery but the Shroomery one says it's 420 friendly. I recognized some of the posters I think.

I've been on FB nearly as long as it has existed. For people my age I doubt there will ever be as complete a replacement due to it's better than originally expected popularity with generations older than mine. Only a small percent of them use FB and it took quite a while for them to adopt it's use to begin with. Most of them don't use other social media and I don't really see them learning something new.

I like FB for what it is and do spend a lot time on it. There are a lot of things I would change but so is the case with everything else. It is what it is. I do have some Shroomery and Growery members on my friends list that I only know otherwise from these forums. A couple of them I can't remember who the hell they are from here anymore.
If anyone wishes to add me send me a PM. Just be respectful of the fact that a lot of my friends are various family and personal everyday life friends so leave Shroomery/Growery shit where it's at.

OfflineRasJeph
Psycho Pete
Male

Re: Facebook? [Re: TripityDooDaDay]
    #743236 - 08/07/14 07:21 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

I only have one growery member but she never fuckin texts me anymore. Booooooooo.

I'd never join a shroom/growery fb page.

--------------------

InvisibleTripityDooDaDay
Male User Gallery

Re: Facebook? [Re: RasJeph]
    #743240 - 08/07/14 07:29 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

I follow so much random shit it does'nt really matter. Sure I'm on all the watch lists. lol

InvisibleDataM
That Guy
Male

Loc: Southwestern US Flag
Re: Facebook? [Re: TripityDooDaDay]
    #743245 - 08/07/14 07:36 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

yea my random google searches probably put me on a few watch lists, which is funny because 99% of the shit I research is never used. I just like to know how things work. :shrug:

--------------------
“The Universe is under no obligation to make sense to you” -NDT

OfflineThebooedocksaint
Dead Dictator
 User Gallery

Loc: Wild & Free
Re: Facebook? [Re: Data]
    #743255 - 08/07/14 08:58 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

I'm sure my advocating radicalism in all things political has gotten me on all the ones that matter.

Only through radicalism can paradigm crisis be resolved, acting as a sectarian and trying to maintain a status quo between multiple viewpoints is part of our problem.

I voice my desire for people to die of horrible diseases frequently one facebook. Either in posts about people or to people who post in posts. I avoid the Ad Hominem, but I just enjoy an earth with far less "living" people. Debate for all those years sure made me into quite the asshole.

--------------------
"Je pense, donc je suis (I am thinking, therefore I am)." -Rene Descartes

InvisibleStonethM
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Male User Gallery

Loc: No where ville, USA Flag
Re: Facebook? [Re: Thebooedocksaint]
    #743256 - 08/07/14 09:27 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

:lol:

--------------------
:getstoned:

OfflineMidgetpawn
 User Gallery

Re: Facebook? [Re: Stoneth]
    #743373 - 08/08/14 06:54 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

I clicked the "share" button on a site the other day, and it gave me a list of about 280 social media sites to share to. I never heard of any of them, but at least 1 is probably better than facebook.

btw I think it's very hard to hide your identity online anymore. which is slightly nerve wrecking if you use a site like this. The other day I got a google friend request from someone in my home town, and it was on a google account I assumed was anonymous... I didn't ever enter a single piece of information about who I am, nor have I ever even made a google account with my name or home town. it blew my mind that google figured out who I am and probably suggested people friend me... I was trying to remain hidden from people who might know who I am, not be thrown in their face. MAybe she doesn't know who I am still, but she knew to friend me. Wish she would reply to my email.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals