Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineFalcor
enthusiastic

was thinking about buying the GO Box
    #740342 - 07/16/14 01:16 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

The Go Box is a General Organics product containing the following..
BioThrive Grow (16oz)
BioThrive Bloom (16oz)
CaMg+ (8oz)
Bio Root (8oz)
Bio Weed (8oz)
Bio Bud (8oz)
Bio Marine (8oz)
Diamond Black (8oz)..

Not sure if i need all that, but wouldnt be a bad place to start no? any suggestions?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineTribalSeed
SoulJah

Loc: Babylon
Re: was thinking about buying the GO Box [Re: Falcor]
    #740347 - 07/16/14 01:43 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Falcor said:
The Go Box is a General Organics product containing the following..
BioThrive Grow (16oz)
BioThrive Bloom (16oz)
CaMg+ (8oz)
Bio Root (8oz)
Bio Weed (8oz)
Bio Bud (8oz)
Bio Marine (8oz)
Diamond Black (8oz)..

Not sure if i need all that, but wouldnt be a bad place to start no? any suggestions?

If you are in soil whci I assume you are.lol, thenthe fox farm trio or botanicare's pure blend pro would be two economically and beginner friendly choices.

Personally I have never used GO or Botanicare, only the Fox Farm trio. I have seen good things said about the Pure Blend Pro. I would think that that box has a lot more than what you really need to get started. Plus not enough of certain nutes that leave you hanging in the middle of a grow.

That sounds like a great deal, but for first starting out, it seems abit like overkill. I bought all kinds of nutes when I first started and then realized I only needed 1/3 of what I bought. Wasted a bit of money doing that.

--------------------

OfflineFalcor
enthusiastic

Re: was thinking about buying the GO Box [Re: TribalSeed]
    #740352 - 07/16/14 02:07 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

actually, was thinking hydroponics..  Bad choice?

InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #740354 - 07/16/14 02:20 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

Here's the problem with that kit.  It has a whole whopping 8oz of each, besides the two main.  That's nothing.  You will end up flying through that.

Just start off simply, use a standard grow and flower from botainicaire, and add come cal/mag into it.  You really don't need anything other than that and some pH up and down to get doing.

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

InvisibleCrushNazT
Male

Loc: Colorado Flag
Re: was thinking about buying the GO Box [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #740393 - 07/16/14 05:35 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

botanicare's pure blend pro grow and bloom are awesome. i highly recommend them. calmag is usually good to have too. i've always needed it although some people can get away without it.

OfflineMidgetpawn
 User Gallery

#740408 - 07/16/14 06:03 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

Those kits don't seem too bad, esp If you're just doing small grows and just starting out. 8 oz can last if they are just additives. I liked the look of roots organics master pack, but I ended up just getting individual stuff from Blue Planet Nutrients and other places. That company Blue Planet actually seems like they put a lot of work into being top quality, and avoiding the fuckery of larger companies. They have a great looking organic line that is potentially the best based on the ingredients, which are also the ingredients that The Rev suggests using to grow cannabis with for his TLO method.

The thing that sucks about starting organic is that you will likely want to try non organic after your first grow, and then youll have to buy a whole new set of bottles or dry ingredients.

The general organics line comes off like a very pseudo/shady organic line and them not listing the ingredients is all sorts of strange for an organic line to do IMO. I suspect the ingredients are purposely limited, mostly sea stuff, and designed to make GH money more than be the best organic system. I could be wrong. General hydroponics non "organic/vegan" lines seem better at least.

Offlinewebster10

#740441 - 07/16/14 10:05 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

I'd recommend maxigrow and maxibloom.
Extremely cheap and are both stand alone nutes.
Here's a thread of some opiniond on the maxi series.
http://www.growery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/731819

OfflineTribalSeed
SoulJah

#740461 - 07/16/14 11:30 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Hawksresurrection said:
Here's the problem with that kit.  It has a whole whopping 8oz of each, besides the two main.  That's nothing.  You will end up flying through that.

Just start off simply, use a standard grow and flower from botainicaire, and add come cal/mag into it.  You really don't need anything other than that and some pH up and down to get doing.

:cookiemonster:

Quote:

Falcor said:
actually, was thinking hydroponics..  Bad choice?

Do what you have access to and what you are comfortable with. I have never grown hydroponically, soil guy, but IMO, hydro is less forgiving for a beginner, there is a bit more going on as far as components and shit like that go, and if you are a beginner that doesn't know much about the whole cultivation thing then hydro might not be a good starting point.

I'm not saying don't do it. Its just not a method I have played with much. I want to understand the needs of the plant more before I take my buffer away (the soil) and start feeding it what it needs precisely.

Make sure you study up on either one you choose and you should be cool, just remember soil is more forgiving with mistakes.

--------------------

OfflineFalcor
enthusiastic

#740470 - 07/17/14 12:19 AM (9 years, 8 months ago)

I mean, ive never grown before expect for regular botanicals and mushrooms,  but ive been slowly building supplies and doing research. I just wanna make sure i get it right the first time. No point in rushing and having a bad first grow. What i meant by bad choice is the chemicals i mentioned in the OP.  Soo many to choose from. Guessing the main concept is to maintain a balanced ph and add nutrients to the water at different stages. And the lights of course. Just need to do a little more research, but no better time than the present to start practicing. Btw, ordered some marmalate seeds. Hope its a good strain. Probably will try a soil grow as well

OfflineMidgetpawn
 User Gallery

#740476 - 07/17/14 01:36 AM (9 years, 8 months ago)

I think maxi grow and bloom are probably a really good option. I like the numbers esp the higher K which is rare for some reason but I've never used them. Either those 2 or just dr earth grow and bloom or jr peters stuff. something minimal that covers micronutrients. I wish I had started a lot simpler.

A lot of people might disagree with this opinion, and it is just an opinion, also not based on experience, but I think hydroponics should mainly be used by people trying to do large commercial grows. or just for fun. I mean you could go hydroponic for whatever reason, but no reason to not use soil if you are just growing for yourself.

random tip for additives. this company mad farmer will send you samples 8oz silica, vitamin b, flush solution, N.U.T.S Nutrient uptake solion, and 2 50g or so Mother of all bloom booster if you pay 12$ shipping on their site. great stuff to have for 12$. oh they give you cool stickers too.
Edit add: forgot about the 2oz root gel comes with that sample pack. I think the DETOX flush stuff alone makes it worth thee price. It'll be years before I use that whole bottle probably

Edited by Midgetpawn (07/17/14 02:30 AM)

OfflineFalcor
enthusiastic

Re: was thinking about buying the GO Box [Re: Midgetpawn]
    #741277 - 07/25/14 01:43 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

got the seeds.  Now i just need the chems.  Tough decision between the farm trio and flora series preformance pack.  Probably will get em both then finally ill be making my first attempt

User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #741280 - 07/25/14 02:09 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

Pick one or the other.  Don't complicate things.

--------------------

-niteowl

OfflineMidgetpawn
 User Gallery

#741315 - 07/26/14 05:59 AM (9 years, 8 months ago)

Be aware that GO is Vegan and probably both are pseudo organic with synthetically chelated salts which hyper dehydrates microbial life when the soil dries out. I'm sure they will both work, but make sure you are getting what you want if going organic is important to you.

OfflineFalcor
enthusiastic

Re: was thinking about buying the GO Box [Re: Midgetpawn]
    #741936 - 07/29/14 10:58 AM (9 years, 7 months ago)

i ended up getting the farm trio and the cal-mag by bonticare. Also, went out and bought a reflector and my seeds are ready. I give it a few more days or couple weeks before i start. just wanna make sure everything is right you know. Suppose i still need a ph kit from the pet store or something..

Edited by Falcor (07/29/14 11:05 AM)

OfflineTribalSeed
SoulJah

#741942 - 07/29/14 11:41 AM (9 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Falcor said:
i ended up getting the farm trio and the cal-mag by bonticare. Also, went out and bought a reflector and my seeds are ready. I give it a few more days or couple weeks before i start. just wanna make sure everything is right you know. Suppose i still need a ph kit from the pet store or something..

Try using the trio by itself first. I bought the calmag and tri as well and I have still yet to use any calmag. Havent needed it.

--------------------

Offlinewebster10

#741943 - 07/29/14 11:51 AM (9 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Falcor said:

General hydroponics has a good pH test drop kit. It's like $20 including some pH up and down. Howrver, advanced nutrients has a pH down product that is much more effective.

User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: was thinking about buying the GO Box [Re: webster10]
    #741971 - 07/29/14 01:10 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

I've been using general hydroponics pH up and down for years.  Works great

--------------------

-niteowl

OfflineTribalSeed
SoulJah

#741978 - 07/29/14 01:16 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Hawksresurrection said:

I read something SpongeBob posted in the Silica question thread about how GH's reacts less or something. Like you need a bit more of it to bring your ph down. If you were using AN's you wouldn't have to use as much. :shrug:

I use it as well and it does me fine. Its easier to get around here than any AN products.

--------------------

Offlinewebster10

#741988 - 07/29/14 01:27 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Hawksresurrection said:

I'm currently using it as well with good results.
However, 

Edit: that pic is so small :facepalm
It's a repost of the study spongebob did in the silicate discussion thread like :whathesaid:

Edited by webster10 (07/29/14 01:28 PM)

User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: was thinking about buying the GO Box [Re: webster10]
    #742005 - 07/29/14 03:55 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

My pH is usually pretty close, so I don't care if some other brand is more potent.

And that thing is way too small to see.

--------------------

-niteowl

OfflineTribalSeed
SoulJah

#742048 - 07/29/14 08:33 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Hawksresurrection said:
My pH is usually pretty close, so I don't care if some other brand is more potent.

And that thing is way too small to see.

You know psychotron man, he is scientific as hell with his grow.lol.
I can see where you could save a bit of money, but still I'll use up what I got left and maybe try the AN stuff if it is more available around that time.

--------------------

User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #742075 - 07/29/14 09:22 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

I don't see how him doing that is more scientific.  I just don't give a shit if I have to use a little bit more.  I know exactly how much to add to get where I need to be.  After awhile it's just second nature

--------------------

-niteowl

OfflineTribalSeed
SoulJah

#742080 - 07/29/14 09:40 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Hawksresurrection said:
I don't see how him doing that is more scientific.  I just don't give a shit if I have to use a little bit more.  I know exactly how much to add to get where I need to be.  After awhile it's just second nature

You win. lol
:facepalm:

--------------------

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: was thinking about buying the GO Box [Re: TribalSeed] * 1
    #742102 - 07/29/14 11:36 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

Both GH and AN make a good ph adjusting product. The AN version is much stronger. We're not talking twice as strong it's more like 15 times as strong. I got 1 gallon for every 3 reservoirs each 55 gallons. I've had those gallon jugs since 2010 and they are not half empty yet.

:happyweed:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order