Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleInocuole
The Wind Fish

QWISO Question
    #738141 - 06/28/14 09:56 PM (9 years, 9 months ago)

I decided to do a small-scale quick wash iso on some trim and an under-developed herm bud I got from my first few stumbles into growing.  I've tried to make iso hash before with some less-than-quality material and ended up with a dark green/black ball of nasty tasting shit.

This isn't what's happening now thankfully.  I see mostly very light amber, but while it's drying now I see that it looks white, in the last few bits of liquid( the bits that you can spread thin by simply rolling around the bottom of the dish so they evaporate faster, really probably less than 10 ml total).  The only materials I used were glass and a reusable coffee filter which I have used before for other extractions without issue.

I did the wash for less than a minute and poured it straight in the dish, then wrung out the rest of the plant material with my fingers before disposing of it.

All I REALLY need to know is if the last bit of liquid looking sort of milky white is an indicator of something bad.  I saw a thread where someone claimed it was dissolved metals but that guy was using an aluminum tray to evap.  Even then I haven't known aluminum to give way to ISO after just a couple hours.  Or much at all, for that matter...

The dish is green btw.  But the liquid looks slightly more tan upon closer inspection.  Still quite milky.  Would it be like that if the trichomes never matured, or none ever turned amber?

EDIT: Guess there was no use posting this question to this forum.  You all can tell me what I did to my lungs later, it's already dry, like 30 minutes later.  1000W HPS reflector exhaust dries up extracts pretty quick.

Edited by Inocuole (06/28/14 10:14 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleP-O

Re: QWISO Question [Re: Inocuole]
    #738156 - 06/29/14 06:23 AM (9 years, 9 months ago)

pour that milk liquid out!!!!

that has happened to me before when i used moldy buds

OfflineSmokeSomeHash
Littlest pee pee on da block
 User Gallery

Loc: murica Flag
Re: QWISO Question [Re: P-O]
    #738170 - 06/29/14 09:24 AM (9 years, 9 months ago)

I dont have much experience with iso but i can put some pics of a few ozs of diff bhos weve recently made...

all i know is i wouldnt smoke that milk.

butane can have mystery oil but iso is diluted with just water so i can only assume that the milk is a product of the buds.

You also said a "reusable coffee filter". If you use the same filter for multiple extractions (like mean skreenz) then you need to wash them between uses. Maybe pieces of bud that stay in the screen for long periods of time between extractions could also be bad.

i dunno man just throwing out ideas...

--------------------

InvisibleInocuole
The Wind Fish

Re: QWISO Question [Re: SmokeSomeHash]
    #738183 - 06/29/14 11:48 AM (9 years, 9 months ago)

I usually clean out the filter, it's just a fine mesh screen with plastic pieces holding it together. 

I really don't think there's any mold on these buds, I don't see how that'd be possible.  I already scraped it up and smoked it, so if it was bad for me oh well.

OfflineSmokeSomeHash
Littlest pee pee on da block
 User Gallery

Loc: murica Flag
Re: QWISO Question [Re: Inocuole]
    #738255 - 06/29/14 05:18 PM (9 years, 9 months ago)

Did you smoke the milk? Any noticeable difference to previous runs?

--------------------

InvisibleInocuole
The Wind Fish

Re: QWISO Question [Re: SmokeSomeHash]
    #738288 - 06/29/14 07:55 PM (9 years, 9 months ago)

It wasn't milk by the time I smoked it.  What I scraped up was 70-80% amber sticky goo like I expected, and the other 20% was a dry light-tan dust.  It was really only one good dose worth anyway, I used a minimal amount of material for it.

Also, I haven't really done any previous runs, or rather, the ones I did, I don't count as experience doing it correctly.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom