Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinemystkspiral

Start of 7th Week of Flower, stop Fertilizing?
    #707706 - 01/15/14 10:49 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

in a bit of a problem. 2 of my gsc and 1 blue dream are turning yellow early and dropping leaves. Which is strange, 1 of the gsc is fine and green except 2. both in same medium and nutrients, i did change placement and fed the 2 and now they are less yellow.

the 1 blue dream that isnt doing the best is actually the only one in sunshine mix #4 while the other 2 blue dream (as well as the 3 gsc) are growing in ffof. i just gave the sunshine blue dream a strong dose of bloom

so my question, starting 7th week of flower i watered today with fertilizer, should that be my last one if lets say i am estimating another 2 weeks till harvest? if i stop, i am worried that the weaker plants wont make the 2 weeks and lose all leaf and die out. on the otherhand, i want to flush as well so my buds dont taste/burn weird after harvest/curing.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinefunnyfart
Strangler
Male

Loc: Dark side of the moon
Re: Start of 7th Week of Flower, stop Fertilizing? [Re: mystkspiral] * 1
    #707764 - 01/16/14 08:48 AM (10 years, 2 months ago)

I would go for another week with nuts and than flush...
looks pretty tasty btw
:awehigh:

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Loc: Nepal Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Start of 7th Week of Flower, stop Fertilizing? [Re: funnyfart] * 1
    #707769 - 01/16/14 09:18 AM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Dropping leaves in the 6th and 7th week doesn't sound all that unusual to me :shrug:

--------------------

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Loc: Earth (mostly) Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Start of 7th Week of Flower, stop Fertilizing? [Re: mystkspiral]
    #707863 - 01/16/14 01:23 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Sounds normal for aging plants, the older shade leaves act as nutrient reserves, even when feeding properly. For soil I'd start flushing 2 weeks before harvesting, depending on how much it was fed. Maybe one last feed then plain water for a week, then an actual flush with another week of water.  You really just need to learn your plant and how it responds.

As plants get to that point that they're perfect for harvest they will slow down their water intake, and its usually a pretty good sign that your close. But if its raging through gallons of water every day it is most likely still in an active-vigorous growth.

If you take those indicas to 12 weeks you'd probably have some nice fat buds, the kind that are all nugged up and sticking out. First the plant flowers for about 9-10 weeks, then it starts to bud where they start that last phase push to grow ball-like clusters of flower. Its good to stop it before it starts foxtailing and shooting new flowers to bud out, or waiting for the bud to fill in a few more weeks.

You can see it here in this plant, the last one is at 12 1/2 weeks.

Compared to this one on day 50 that doesn't have any of that going on. Yellow leaves toward the top :wink:

Not every plant will fill in properly, some just stretch out and foxtail and give you thin buds with too much stem around them. But if you can manage the patience to let them go that long you'd probably have some nice fatty nuggets with that plant.

And it would be a good time to experiment a bit, like let it go with plain water for 3-4 weeks since your in soil. Crop one plant and let the others go different lengths and see how they compare.

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
Bamboo Bongs I make | Perfect Dry and Cure | Grapegod under LED
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

OfflineFarmer Joe
Male User Gallery

Loc: USA Flag
    #707880 - 01/16/14 02:18 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

mystkspiral said:
so my question, starting 7th week of flower i watered today with fertilizer, should that be my last one if lets say i am estimating another 2 weeks till harvest? if i stop, i am worried that the weaker plants wont make the 2 weeks and lose all leaf and die out. on the otherhand, i want to flush as well so my buds dont taste/burn weird after harvest/curing.

well it looks like you've got some heat stress...nute lockout and/or over feeding issues. So i would definitely flush for 2 weeks. The "weaker" plants will be fine.

--------------------
"Marijuana may not be addictive, but growing it is" - ED Rosenthal

Maine Caregiver In 100% compliance with Maine state laws.

Offlinemystkspiral

Re: Start of 7th Week of Flower, stop Fertilizing? [Re: Farmer Joe]
    #707913 - 01/16/14 05:29 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Thank you everyone for your inputs.
I understand the leaves will fall and plants look weaker as they are nearing the end of their life, what I don't understand is why half the plants are waaay more weaker than the rest. Excluding the blue dream that's growing in sunshine mix, I have no idea why the 2 gsc are yellowing so fast compared to my other gsc. All growing the same way.

Psychotron, I would love to take ur suggestion n grow them past 9 week flower, but I don't think I have the patience plus am worried currently that the 3 plants will even make it to their 9th week =\

Either way, will check on them today after work n see how they are. I will prob feed them 1 last time on the next couple days n just plain tap water for a week and perhaps 1-2 weeks of flush.

Really don't want to lose any of my girls =(

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
    #707978 - 01/17/14 12:55 AM (10 years, 2 months ago)

You can always chop them, Just watch to make sure the leaves that are sticking out of the buds do not yellow down to the buds, but it can get close. The bud is the very last part to yellow.

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

Offlinebudgrowerwannabe
Bum fighter
Male User Gallery

Re: Start of 7th Week of Flower, stop Fertilizing? [Re: phychotron]
    #708006 - 01/17/14 07:52 AM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

phychotron said:
You can always chop them, Just watch to make sure the leaves that are sticking out of the buds do not yellow down to the buds, but it can get close. The bud is the very last part to yellow.

:bigjoint:

Never knew that !!

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Start of 7th Week of Flower, stop Fertilizing? [Re: budgrowerwannabe]
    #708240 - 01/17/14 11:41 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

As long as the plant itself is not sick or infested with bugs of course. Keep a close eye on them, but the buds are the whole plants reason for being, it takes everything it has to keep the buds alive and able to reproduce. Watch the plant to make sure its not fading too fast.

Here my buds keeled over for two weeks, but were able to lay on the tomato cage all twisted and tied together. I just let them go extra weeks but didn't have any way of actually propping the buds up--the colas were too heavy and lack of feeding any silica made the stems too soft to tie them up without bending at the tie. Still very nice buds despite some even just hanging downward toward the ground for weeks. I'm not very proud of it and I wouldn't recommend this method, it just sorta turned into a shit storm. The buds still grew. 

Its good to let the plants go a little bit longer just to see what they are capable of. Not every plant should go 12 weeks, but the ones that can do it well are usually worth the wait. I think that a lot of plants are meant to go 12 but they don't want to discourage people so they say 9-10.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds