Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   THCeeds Marijuana Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinesveumy
seeker of enlightenment
Male User Gallery

Loc: its cold
Thoughts?
    #700760 - 12/20/13 12:11 AM (10 years, 3 months ago)

Ok to start off, first of all this is my first real grow in 3 years. I have tried a couple times prior and they all ended in disaster. The wrong people were involved and so on. This is what I get for trying to share the work load with a partner. Oh well lessons learned. So about two months ago I germed nirvanas white widow and northern lights feminized. The NL didn't make it. Honestly I don't know what the hell happened. The white widow made it but it was week and unhappy. I was using sunshine advanced rainforest blend and was informed that it had enough nuets to last a month with out feeding. Inaccurate it lasted two weeks and growth was stunted. I transplanted into FFOF started feeding and an explosion took place. My original intention was to grow out the two fem seeds take some clones find 2 strong mothers from each original plant. being as the NL didn't make it I decided I had some bag seed from a friend throw it in some dirt and see what happens. 6 weeks later I am sexing those plants and culling the males. So I have 4 female plants WW is on its 11 week in veg and the baggies are on week 7 in a large rubber made tote because I ran out of buckets. I have cloned from all plants multiple times with limited success. So that is something that I am working on figuring out how I continue to kill my cuts. Never the less I have 3 Viable cuts that have rooted and are vegging for another week or two. I started two new fem seeds from my stock. they are the last that I have so that sucks. I hope to grow the fem seeds out and again attempt to obtain clones. I have taken 4 additional clones from the ww and plan to take an additional two clones from each of the other baggy plants. upon taking root they will be vegged for a 2 -4 weeks and flowered. I am attempting to get a perpetual harvest going here. It is extremely dry and it is causing prices to sky rocket. Making it harder to obtain medicine. any thoughts? I am open to constructive critism.

Just for the sake of not having to answer a million of the same questions.

8x8 flower Space 10x12 room 2x4 mother/veg room
Soil FFOF

Nuets are green planet

Water is tap in a 55 gal res fitted with 3 air stones and a recirculating pump.

PH 6.5-7.0 any given feeding

1x600 wt MH dimable switchable digital

1x600wt HPS dimable switchable digital

440 cfm 6in can fan with carbon filter

Running a Co2 burner for about 20 mins a day then they soak for about an hour and the fans kick on. I am not sure its enough seems like in the books they say that you can really pump the room full of co2 a couple times a day. but it does seem to make a noticeable difference 2 hours after the fans are off they look bushier/healthier.

I have messed with a lot of different things on this run. I am playing around having fun with it and trying to see what I want to do long term. this is a huge room and will be the biggest I have ever even attempted to go.
Also fun side note just found out the inlaws are coming into town for a week or more just as I switch to 12/12.
that is all I can think of for now. thanks for looking and any thoughts.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Thoughts? [Re: sveumy]
    #700775 - 12/20/13 03:39 AM (10 years, 3 months ago)

When you are starting out like this, playing around is the worst thing you can do.  You need to get a good foundation of growing down before you fuck around.  Keep it simple.  Base nute lines.  Get a couple of good solid grows.  Then start experimenting.

Burning co2 in the beginning then turning on exhaust fans is pointless.  If you aren't keeping the co2 in there, you are just wasting propane.  Either get big enough exhausts to exchange the amount of air in the room 2-3 times a minute, or get an environmental controller that turn the co2 on and fans off, and the reverse, depending on conditions in the room.

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

Offlinesveumy
seeker of enlightenment
Male User Gallery

Re: Thoughts? [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #700814 - 12/20/13 11:29 AM (10 years, 3 months ago)

I might not have been clear this isn't my first grow.  It is my first grow in a few years.  I had some issues getting up and running because I am working with all new equipment.  Now that I have had it running for a couple months I won't be having the same issues.  By playing around I am referring to starting the new mothers on dwc buckets ( I have never tried this ) I have grown exclusively soil for a few years. as well as the co2 supplementing Like I said I don't know how much good it is doing because I can't measure for optimum levels with out the proper instrumentation.  Its a going by a feel kind of thing.  I have done a lot of reading on this and again I don't know how much good its doing but it does seem to be doing some good.  every time I do it the plants look much happier.  An environmental controller is on my list to santa this year and probably next.  There are also a few other things on the list but as they aren't cheap..  and santas not real..  I assure you your comments are not falling on deaf ears these are all things that have crossed my mind.  Thank you

User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #700822 - 12/20/13 11:45 AM (10 years, 3 months ago)

So you can do calculations to figure out how long you need to burn to achieve optimum co2 levels.  What kind of burner are you running?  How big is your room?

--------------------

-niteowl

Offlinesveumy
seeker of enlightenment
Male User Gallery

#700841 - 12/20/13 12:32 PM (10 years, 3 months ago)

10x12 total space.  Room has been sealed in plastic.  I am using a turkey frier burner.  I intend to either purchase a burner or a better regulator for the current set up.  I intend to hang more plastic to seal off a 8x8 portion of the room for flower and just run the co2 in that room.

User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #700848 - 12/20/13 12:48 PM (10 years, 3 months ago)

You are going need to figure out your BTU's then.

--------------------

-niteowl

Offlinesveumy
seeker of enlightenment
Male User Gallery

#700859 - 12/20/13 02:17 PM (10 years, 3 months ago)

38000 btu.

User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #700860 - 12/20/13 02:47 PM (10 years, 3 months ago)

Ok, so now you are going to have to figure out how many cf an hour of co2 that is putting out.  I'll leave it to you to figure out how to do that, take that figure and add it to all the other parameters in this link

http://www.hydroponics.net/learn/co2_calculator.asp

This will tell you how to get it to the desired PPM, its not telling you how long it will stay there though.

I see you are venting your lights.  Is this how you are getting your air exchange?

--------------------

-niteowl

Offlinesveumy
seeker of enlightenment
Male User Gallery

#702394 - 12/26/13 10:46 PM (10 years, 3 months ago)

So I based on what I have learned I run the burner for an hour 3 times a day let the room sit for 1 hour with the fans off then the fans turn on and the air is exhauseted into a lung room.  its is being pumped into the coldest room in the house that runs 10 degrees colder then the rest of the house which is set at 68.  I have an intake fan on a preexsisting unused vent blowing into the central ducting in the grow room I don't have that pictured because you can't really see it, sorry. its a work in progress.  I suppose I should have said what my intentions where Maybe I should start a different thread with all of this stated in the beginning.  Its not ideal but I am setting everything up as if it were now so that I don't have to re adjust shit as I buy new toys.  I plan to run successive crops through the room as I build up.  I will eventually get to the point where I will be running 8-16 large plants and harvest monthly kind of deal.  Thank you for the link.  I have books but I rarely have time to search for that type of knowledge on the interweb.  that's why I come here people like you bring stuff like that to my attention making my life a lot easier. I am not able to do it as often as an automated system would but well that's why that's on the list.  Thank you

User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #702396 - 12/26/13 11:00 PM (10 years, 3 months ago)

Buy timers to control the venting and your co2 producer.  Makes life a lot easier.

Oh, you were using a turkey burner, that's not gonna work I guess.....

--------------------

-niteowl

Offlinesveumy
seeker of enlightenment
Male User Gallery

#705577 - 01/08/14 05:26 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

update 29 days in. 

Offlinesveumy
seeker of enlightenment
Male User Gallery

#705625 - 01/08/14 07:42 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Thinking out loud here.. I know some people use colder temperatures to change color...how much of a negative effect does that have on quality and quantity also is it better to run a cooler ambient temperature during flower the room temperature is currently running between 72 and 82 degrees night and daytime temperatures respectively.  I have read that decreasing temperature can towards the end of the harvest can increase cannabinoids production has anyone found this to be true?  I could easily drop my temperature is down into the 50's if there was cuz to do so.

Offlinesveumy
seeker of enlightenment
Male User Gallery

#705626 - 01/08/14 07:47 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

on another note I tend to overthink things um especially at this stage in the game with that being said how does it look you know if they seem kinda small but I am 29 days and I still got roughly the half of flowers cycles.  again just thinking out loud

User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #705929 - 01/09/14 07:24 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

They look great. 

I would keep the temps where they are.  Maintaining optimal conditions will give you better results than any of the manipulation bullshit.

--------------------

-niteowl

Offlinesveumy
seeker of enlightenment
Male User Gallery

#706006 - 01/09/14 11:42 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Thank you dually noted.  Pretty stoked.  Several clones in veg in a different room now.  Moving right along

Offlinesveumy
seeker of enlightenment
Male User Gallery

#706010 - 01/10/14 12:03 AM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Correction to post those photos were taken on day 20 of flower.  I just looked at a calender.  Only 1/3 done.  I might just put some weight on these girls yet.

Offlinesveumy
seeker of enlightenment
Male User Gallery

#706589 - 01/11/14 04:16 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Noticed alittle burning when the lights came on last night.  It was time to feed so I phed plain water to 6.8 run off was phed at 6.4.  I moved the lights up aswell  I think possibly some nuet burn or light burn.  Just a handful of the tallest tops were effected.  Will post photo in diagnostic forum.

Offlinesveumy
seeker of enlightenment
Male User Gallery

#706673 - 01/11/14 10:40 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Flushed them when lights came on.  Dropped the lights back down.  12 in from top of the tallest tops .  I build a couple fan stands and relocated the two oscillating fans closer to the plants.  Maintaining temps on plants at 75.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   THCeeds Marijuana Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore Cultivation Supplies