Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineChronx
Stranger
sq ft question
    #702085 - 12/25/13 07:23 AM (10 years, 3 months ago)

how many square feet of space do 6 plants require?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: sq ft question [Re: Chronx]
    #702120 - 12/25/13 10:21 AM (10 years, 3 months ago)

That's not a cut and dry answer.  You can choose how big you want your plants to get.  And how big you want them to get is going to be determined by the lights you are using, size of containers they're in, height restrictions etc.

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

Offlinechimikos
Stranger
Re: sq ft question [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #704451 - 01/04/14 01:23 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Hi,

Me in 1.5 square meters I grow 15 plant but the quality wasn't very good!

InvisibleDataM
That Guy
Male

Loc: Southwestern US Flag
Re: sq ft question [Re: chimikos]
    #704806 - 01/05/14 05:48 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

hawks is right, I've seen anything from 1 plant per sq.ft. (pretty sure this is only possible via cloning) to tree-like sativas that take up at least a 4x4 area. There are definitely minimum space requirements, and beyond a certain point the maximum size is determined by the law of diminishing returns, where and increase in time/effort/money results in an ever-decreasing increase in plant size and net yield (mass of bud per unit area, per unit time).

What is your ceiling height, what kind of plants are you going to be growing (sativa/indica), are you growing just for you or are you trying to develop a continuous process to maximize net yield, what is your maximum available grow space, and how much experience do you have with plants in general?

These kinds of questions will help narrow down what method of growing might be best for you, which will determine the approximate (and I place emphasis on approximate) square footage requirements for a six plant grow.

--------------------
“The Universe is under no obligation to make sense to you” -NDT

OfflineChronx
Stranger
Re: sq ft question [Re: Data]
    #705341 - 01/07/14 07:10 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

to narrow it down, i have great outdoor success with outdoor growing, but due to theives im moving indoors. i have an 8 foot ceiling and im growing my grandmothers medical so i want to push for max net yeild and potency. im growing a mix of sativas, indicas, and hybrids. idealy i want the legal limit of 15 plants, 5 in each main phase of cultivation.
im gonna get good quality grow lights. i want to have an air circulation set up and i also plan to look into a hydro set up later.

OfflineThriceKing
Seasoned Green Thumb
Male User Gallery

Loc: USA Flag
Re: sq ft question [Re: Chronx]
    #722263 - 03/20/14 10:18 AM (10 years, 10 days ago)

Training will also vastly affect the size needed.  If you're growing in a space with little height, than topping and training with nets (SCROG), then you can go a plant to be flat and low.  Or, with plenty of height, you could grow vertical, and let more plants grow tall than have one plant grow wide. With your height, and desire for max plants, vertical is probably the way to go, but you'll still want to top/trim/train to some degree as this maximizes yields. Left to their own devices, the main cola turns into a "donkey dick".  I've seen DDs as big as your forearm, a foot tall and about eight to ten inches in circumference. Same plant, if you top the main cola so it forms "twins" you get TWO donkey dicks, though not as savagely large, but still a much more impressive yield.

That's what I would do if I was you, 5 moderately trained and topped plants shooting for 5 to 6 feet high, which will take some veg time for sure, but with huge yields. You could sacrifice some height for speed in veg; your mileage will vary, and you will be the best judge after several grows.

--------------------
All submissions are for informational purposes and entertainment only.

OfflineThriceKing
Seasoned Green Thumb
Male User Gallery

Loc: USA Flag
Re: sq ft question [Re: ThriceKing]
    #722264 - 03/20/14 10:19 AM (10 years, 10 days ago)

Lol just noticed how stale this thread is. Oh well.

--------------------
All submissions are for informational purposes and entertainment only.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck