Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineunreliable_reality
Stranger
Question for first timer
    #702566 - 12/27/13 05:48 PM (10 years, 3 months ago)

A friend is moving interstate. They have two clones (about 4" tall) that they're not going to be able to take with them and are handing over to me. The clones have been started off outside. Now, I've never grown weed before. Would I be better off continue to grow them outside, or whacking them into a little hydro set-up?

I live in Western Australia. It's summer here at the moment. Minimum day time temp never drops below 22-25C. Over the next few weeks, it's going to be warming up, so it will seldom be below 32C. Humidity here is always low, rarely getting above 30 at this time of year.

Also, do I shade them to protect them during the harshest summer days, or just let them go?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleCOOKED101
Eagle Eyes
Male
Re: Question for first timer [Re: unreliable_reality]
    #702924 - 12/28/13 06:56 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

A lot of free light outside and its coming into peak summer now so no reason to put them inside, as long as you have a nice area that gets a good chunk of direct sunlight through the day . nice size plants for this time of the year, :smile:

Are they still in growth/veg (still pumping out leaves) or are they  budding/flowering (putting out clumps of hairs) ?

If its still in growth, veg, make sure the pot it's in is big enough for the roots to grow over the next few months, you don't want a root bound plant and you don want to change the pot while its budding/flowering.

I've never shaded my plants from the sun, even on the hot days, they get thirsty though, water until you get runoff coming out the bottom then stop in the cooler parts of the day morn or evening. No need to keep them saturated though just give em a decent water every couple to few days.

Gotta love Aussie summer.:thumbup:

--------------------

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Loc: Earth (mostly) Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Question for first timer [Re: unreliable_reality]
    #702925 - 12/28/13 06:59 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

You could grow them up outside, take some more clones before it starts to flower (or early flower) and get a hydro setup for the winter.

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
Bamboo Bongs I make | Perfect Dry and Cure | Grapegod under LED
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder