Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineTribalSeed
SoulJah

Loc: Babylon
Spots? Only 2 girls Bubba and Kerela
    #701227 - 12/21/13 08:52 PM (10 years, 3 months ago)

Soil Growers:
1. Are you growing from seed or clones? Seeds

2. How old are your plants? about 2 weeks old.

3. How tall are your plants? around 5 to 6 inches

4. What size containers are they planted in? Red Solo Cups

5. What is your soil mix? FFOF with 5% Worm Castings

6. How often do you water and what type of water do you use and how much you give per watering? WHen they are dry and light (weight), tap water set out to evaporate the chlorine. I give enough to saturate the soil. pretty much until it starts coming out the bottom then I stop.

7. What is the pH of your water? 6.0-6.5

8. What kind of fertilizer do you use and what is its NPK ratio? FloraBlend, CalMag, and GH grow and Micro.

9. Do you foliar feed or spray your plants with anything? No not yet.

10. What kind of lights do you use and how many watts combined? (HPS, MH, fluorescent, halogen, incandescent "plant lights") 400w MH

11. How close are your lights to the plants? About 6 to 7 inches, but it is an air cooled light so I can get it alittle closer.

12. What size is your grow space in square feet? 4x4x7....sorry give me a formula and I can figure it out for you and post it.
13. What is the temperature and humidity in your grow space? 75-84F(75-77 at night and high of 84 during the day, lights on. RH is around 35 to 42%

14. What is the pH of the soil?6.5

15. Have you noticed any insect activity in your grow space? No, just a gnat or two flying around so I put a yellow sticky trap next to the plants as soon as I seen it.

16. How much experience do you have growing? Three half ass grows with laughable yields, this is my first serious grow with the right equipment. Studied for years but never used the knowledge until now.

My issue is I have two girls that have these little black spots on the leaves and you can't really see them unless you make the leaves look alittle transparent under the light. Bubba Kush and Kerela are the only ones with it so far. I have inspected the leaves and undersides closely looking for spider mites or some kind of bugs but I have yet to see any. I thought it might be leaf miners, but I don't think it looks like there type of damage and I really don't know a lot about that type of infestation.
Here are the pics.

Bubba Top

Bubba Underleaf

Thanks you guys for the experience and help.
If I need to give anymore information or pics let me know.

Jah Bless!

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinehamloaf
Biometric Precursor.

Loc: Back in the USSR. Flag
Re: Spots? Only 2 girls Bubba and Kerela [Re: TribalSeed]
    #701625 - 12/23/13 07:01 AM (10 years, 3 months ago)

She's only "about 2" weeks old, in FFOF and you're feeding her all those nutrients? 

Oh man, that young plant is over fertilized and experiencing nutrient lock out which is being compounded by temperatures exceeding 80+ degrees. 

There is plenty of food in FFOF by itself to support plant growth for a while before the plant consumes all the fertilizers in the soil and needs to be fertilized hydroponically.   

Leech her out and back up the light until it's 75 degrees at the plants canopy. 

There's no need to be so aggressive with the light and feeding regimen on younger plants like that.  There's just not.  :nonono:

Edited by hamloaf (12/23/13 02:29 PM)

OfflineTribalSeed
SoulJah

Loc: Babylon
Re: Spots? Only 2 girls Bubba and Kerela [Re: hamloaf]
    #701781 - 12/23/13 07:49 PM (10 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

hamloaf said:
She's only "about 2" weeks old, in FFOF and you're feeding her all those nutrients? 

Oh man, that young plant is over fertilized and experiencing nutrient lock out which is being compounded by temperatures exceeding 80+ degrees. 

There is plenty of food in FFOF by itself to support plant growth for a while before the plant consumes all the fertilizers in the soil and needs to be fertilized hydroponically.   

Leech her out and back up the light until it's 75 degrees at the plants canopy. 

There's no need to be so aggressive with the light and feeding regimen on younger plants like that.  There's just not.  :nonono:

You're right man. Hawk gave me some advice in another post and said to STOP ferts and what not, so I have cut them off for about 2 dark periods now and it has perked up, the spots are still there, but the newer growth is nice and green. Thanks for replying to the post!
I have a journal going on them and I am gonna take some current pics after Christmas and update it abit.
Merry Christmas bro!
Jah Bless!

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds