Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds USA West Coast Strains   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleCrushNazT
Male

Loc: Colorado Flag
does your ID/drivers license have a gold star on it? * 2
    #701576 - 12/22/13 09:02 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

i didn't really notice the gold star on my license until people at dispensaries were pointing it out, saying it was weird/new. i'm new to colorado so im not used to what IDs look like here. i noticed a local hash maker comment on the gold star on a picture on his instagram, so i googled it. first article that pops up is about the government passing some "REAL ID" law or something. now all IDs and passports that are issued have RFID chips in them. idk about passports, but apparently for IDs and licenses the gold star means it has an RFID chip in it.

thought it was worthy to post about. so, if you have a gold star on your license/ID, you might wanna toss your it in the microwave for 10 seconds to fry to RFID chip.

http://www.examiner.com/article/america-a-gold-star-on-your-driver-s-license-is-not-an-upgrade

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleDeadkndys420
 User Gallery

Loc: █████
Re: does your ID/drivers license have a gold star on it? [Re: CrushNazT]
    #701580 - 12/22/13 09:22 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Nope mine doesnt have a start on  it.

InvisibleCrushNazT
Male

Re: does your ID/drivers license have a gold star on it? [Re: Deadkndys420] * 1
    #701582 - 12/22/13 09:32 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

how new is your license? it sounds like they started doing it sometime this year.

InvisibleP-O

#701583 - 12/22/13 09:48 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

did u fry your chip?

InvisibleCrushNazT
Male

Re: does your ID/drivers license have a gold star on it? [Re: P-O] * 1
    #701585 - 12/22/13 09:58 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

i dont have a microwave, otherwise i would. :frown:

InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

#701586 - 12/22/13 10:06 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Yeah...thats a real trustworthy link :lol:

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

InvisibleCrushNazT
Male

Re: does your ID/drivers license have a gold star on it? [Re: Hawksresurrection] * 2
    #701587 - 12/22/13 10:10 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

ok, then google it yourself. that link was just one of the many i saw. been in the news too. just because you see a link you dont think is credible doesnt mean its fake and you should blow it off. google it and youll find a bunch of shit.

User Gallery

#701591 - 12/22/13 11:21 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Yeah, the majority of the sources say nothing about an RFID.  You took the most wacked out result you could find.  There's been nothing about them actually being RFID.  Just wacko conjecture.

--------------------

-niteowl

InvisibleCrushNazT
Male

Re: does your ID/drivers license have a gold star on it? [Re: Hawksresurrection] * 2
    #701623 - 12/23/13 06:40 AM (10 years, 2 months ago)

all hail the all knowing hawk. maybe some day i can be like you and never make mistakes, but just fix other peoples online.

User Gallery

#701624 - 12/23/13 06:57 AM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Hey man, I was just putting it out there that it's not an RFID.

--------------------

-niteowl

InvisibleP-O

Re: does your ID/drivers license have a gold star on it? [Re: Hawksresurrection] * 1
    #701626 - 12/23/13 07:08 AM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Kawk..  Keep your trolling and shitting in everyone else's thread to the dome please.  no one cares what u have to say

Quote:

Enhanced Drivers Licenses: What Are They?
State-issued enhanced drivers licenses (EDLs) provide proof of  identity and U.S. citizenship, are issued in a secure process, and include technology that makes travel easier. They provide travelers with a low-cost, convenient alternative for entering the United States from Canada, Mexico or the Caribbean through a land or sea port of entry, in addition to serving as a permit to drive.

The Department has been working with states to enhance their drivers licenses and identification documents to comply with travel rules under the Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative (WHTI), effective June 1, 2009. The states of Michigan, New York, Vermont and Washington are issuing these enhanced drivers licenses.

Enhanced drivers licenses make it easier for U.S. citizens to cross the border into the United States because they include

a vicinity Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) chip that will signal a secure system to pull up your biographic and biometric data for the CBP officer as you approach the border inspection booth, and
a Machine Readable Zone (MRZ) or barcode that the CBP officer can read electronically if RFID isn't available.
The top 39 land ports of entry, which process more than 95 percent of land border crossings, are equipped with RFID technology that helps facilitate travel by individual presenting EDLs or one of the other RFID-enabled documents.

https://www.dhs.gov/enhanced-drivers-licenses-what-are-they

They put RFID's in everything now.... So this is not surprising at all.

InvisibleP-O

Re: does your ID/drivers license have a gold star on it? [Re: P-O]
    #701628 - 12/23/13 07:12 AM (10 years, 2 months ago)

looks like cali is banning RIFD's in licences :thumbup:

Quote:

Following complaints from privacy groups, California lawmakers on Friday suspended legislation to embed radio-frequency identification chips, or RFIDs, in its driver’s licenses and state identification cards.

The legislation, S.B. 397,  was put on hold by the state Assembly Appropriations Committee, despite it having been approved by the California Senate, where it likely will be re-introduced in the coming months. Had the measure passed, it would have transformed the Golden State’s standard form of ID into one of the most sophisticated identification documents in the country, mirroring the four other states that have embraced the spy-friendly technology.

Radio-frequency identification devices already are a daily part of the electronic age — found in passports, library and payment cards, school identification cards and eventually are expected to replace bar-code labels on consumer goods.

Michigan, New York, Vermont and Washington have already begun embedding drivers licenses with the tiny transceivers, and linking them to a national database — complete with head shots — controlled by the Department of Homeland Security. The enhanced cards can be used to re-enter the U.S. at a land border without a passport.

Privacy advocates worry that, if more states begin embracing RFID, the licenses could become mandatory nationwide and evolve into a government-run surveillance tool to track the public’s movements.

The IDs are the offspring of the 2009 Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative requiring travelers to show passports when they cross the U.S. border of Canada and Mexico. Those carrying the EDL “Enhanced Drivers License” or an “enhanced” state ID, do not have to display a passport when traveling across the country’s government-run land borders.

The RFID-enabled card would have been optional under the California measure. It was aimed in particular at Californians who make frequent visits to Mexico, and want to ease their return back into the U.S.

“It’s not difficult to imagine a time when the EDL programs cease to be optional—and when EDLs contain information well beyond a picture, a signature, and citizenship status. The government also tends to expand programs far beyond their original purpose,” writes Jim Harper, the Cato Institute’s director of information policy studies. “Californians should not walk — they should run away from ‘enhanced’ drivers licenses.”

According to DHS, about 95 percent of land-border crossings are equipped with RFID-reading technology, making it easy for Customs Border Patrol officials to know who you are. The RFID chip “will signal a secure system to pull up your biographic and biometrics data for the CBP officer as you approach the border inspection booth,” the DHS says.

“An individual that does not understand the privacy and security risks of an Enhanced Driver’s License (EDL) might think, ‘Why not get an one so that I can use it to drive and also cross the border?’ It seems like common sense,” said Nicole Ozer, an American Civil Liberties Union lawyer. “But the cost to privacy and security far outweighs any benefits. If you carry one of these licenses in your wallet or purse, you can be tracked and stalked without your knowledge or consent.”

Sen. Ben Hueso, a Democrat whose district touches the Mexican border, maintains the legislation he sponsored makes both financial and security sense.

“Enhanced Driver’s Licenses can provide a significant economic benefit to the state of California, while strengthening border security,” he wrote in a press release last May. “They will greatly reduce wait times at the border thereby incentivizing economic development in our border region.”

The California measure’s shortcomings, among other things, was that it did not prevent state law enforcement officials from eventually tapping into the chips.

Law enforcement already monitors drivers’ whereabouts via the mass deployment of license-plate readers. But the ability to scan for identification cards in public areas could evolve into another surveillance tool.

As the “Identity Project” sees it:

Logs of citizens’ border crossings and movements through non-border checkpoints are obviously of interest to the Feds and their state and local law enforcement partners, especially in conjunction with logs of vehicle movements obtained from automated license-plate readers. Cops don’t need to ask, ‘Can I see some ID?’ when, from outside your vehicle, they can obtain the EDL chip number and corresponding lifetime DHS travel history of every occupant of the vehicle. And as more people carry EDLs, how soon will not broadcasting your ID number be deemed sufficiently suspicious to justify detention, search, or interrogation?

To be sure, the Orwellian nature of these new IDs is — to an extent — speculation.

For the moment, the DHS says that “No personally identifiable information is stored on the card’s RFID chip.” The DHS said “The card uses a unique identification number that links to information contained in a secure Department of Homeland Security database.”

But things could easily change. Government-issued cards routinely evolve away from their original purpose.

Consider the Social Security card. It was created to track your government retirement benefits. Now you need it to purchase health insurance and even obtain employment.

http://www.wired.com/threatlevel/2013/09/drivers-license-rfid-chips/

Edited by P-O (12/23/13 07:25 AM)

InvisibleP-O

#701630 - 12/23/13 07:20 AM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

CrushNazT said:
all hail the all knowing hawk. maybe some day i can be like you and never make mistakes, but just fix other peoples online.

Just ignore him bro..... he gets drunk alone and trolls this site until someone will argue with him.  What a sad life.....

http://www.dailyfinance.com/2009/03/03/are-you-ready-for-an-rfid-enabled-drivers-license/

http://www.michigan.gov/sos/0,4670,7-127-1627_8669_53333-213055--,00.html

There are tons of links on this....    So just ignore hawks, everyone else does :thumbup:

Edited by P-O (12/23/13 07:22 AM)

InvisibleCrushNazT
Male

Re: does your ID/drivers license have a gold star on it? [Re: P-O] * 1
    #701633 - 12/23/13 07:24 AM (10 years, 2 months ago)

HA

in your face, hawk.

thanks P-O :smile:

Edited by CrushNazT (12/23/13 07:25 AM)

InvisibleP-O

#701634 - 12/23/13 07:27 AM (10 years, 2 months ago)

:hi5:

InvisibleGBurger717
Let me be me! I luv me some me!
Male

Loc: USA, East of Mississippi Flag
Re: does your ID/drivers license have a gold star on it? [Re: P-O]
    #701779 - 12/23/13 07:45 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

PA Starting using RFIDs a year or two ago. Stick it in the microwave and watch it spark!

--------------------
"If only one party supports a bill, it's probably not a very good bill. If both parties support it, you can be sure that however good it seems on the surface, under the covers it's worse than you could possibly imagine" - Me myself and I 08-02-12

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty - Jefferson

The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. - Jefferson

User Gallery

Re: does your ID/drivers license have a gold star on it? [Re: GBurger717] * 1
    #701787 - 12/23/13 08:06 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

My bad....

--------------------

-niteowl

OfflineSmokeSomeHash
Littlest pee pee on da block
 User Gallery

Loc: murica Flag
Re: does your ID/drivers license have a gold star on it? [Re: CrushNazT] * 1
    #701876 - 12/24/13 09:06 AM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

CrushNazT said:
HA

in your face, hawk.

thanks P-O :smile:

--------------------

OfflineSham87
マリオ
Male

Re: does your ID/drivers license have a gold star on it? [Re: SmokeSomeHash]
    #701904 - 12/24/13 01:54 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Shab shabba ranx..

--------------------
...once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right...

OfflineAdolf Hitler
Führer of The Growery
Male

Loc: Venezuela
Re: does your ID/drivers license have a gold star on it? [Re: Sham87]
    #702593 - 12/27/13 06:19 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Uh yes the Gold Star, don't worry about that, just make sure to show it to the friendly officer before you get on the cattle car.

--------------------
Humanitarianism is the expression of stupidity and cowardice. -Me

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds USA West Coast Strains   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale