Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!
Hello everyone. I'm brand new to growing and would love if someone would give me some insight on a few questions I have before I dive into this hobby.
I understand that there is a search bar at the top. I come from the shroomery. I'll definitely be utilizing that, but I would like to get a few questions out of the way first.
1. Genetics: Is genetics the sole factor in determining potency? Could your grow methods drastically affect potency?
2. Hydroponics: All I have to buy is a water pump (with accessories), clay pellets, "netted" pots, some fertilizer, and throw the sprouts in there more or less with water being supplied by the pump? Teks?
3. Pruning etc.: Is there any technique that affects your grow THAT much? Or are you just grabbing inches here and there to hopefully get a mile in the end so to speak?
4. Lighting: Would a 400W hps be enough for say five plants for a first grow?
5. Seeds: Out of five seeds that I would buy, how many can I expect to actually grow? I plan on going with Nirvana.
1. To an extent they do. But if you don't have the knowledge and experience to grow the plant to it's full potential, then you wont get the max those genetics could offer. There are all sorts of things that effect how the plant will grow. Temp, light, humidity, co2 levels.
2. You need to do more research on this. To many things to really tackle. Start reading up on hydro.