Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Invisibleusg543
◕‿◕

anyone here live an alternative style lifestyle?
    #696890 - 12/04/13 07:19 PM (10 years, 3 months ago)

Been watching a show about some homesteaders in Alaska. Started making me look at what I spend my money on and why. Granted they work way harder than I do at my corporate job, it looks like a very rewarding lifestyle in the end (not obsessed with material things, potentially eat much healthier as you grow, cook, feed yourself, relationships with other homesteaders).

Just curious if anyone here does it? I do not think it is for me at this point in my life, as my next goal is to start my own successful business. However, I plan to adopt some of the practices.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Re: anyone here live an alternative style lifestyle? [Re: usg543]
    #696926 - 12/05/13 02:16 AM (10 years, 3 months ago)

Well have property in Hawaii, two places in Cali, Spain, and looking toward Australia now.

I got it all growing smoke but I don't know if that counts as a alternative lifestyle anymore.

:happyweed:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

Invisiblenannybooboo
 User Gallery
Re: anyone here live an alternative style lifestyle? [Re: Magash]
    #696974 - 12/05/13 02:13 PM (10 years, 3 months ago)

:ilold:

boss status

InvisibleiStoner
Astral Beast
Male

Re: anyone here live an alternative style lifestyle? [Re: nannybooboo]
    #696980 - 12/05/13 03:13 PM (10 years, 3 months ago)

That's awesome magash. i wouldn't say im living alternatively right now, but i plan on moving
into the mountains whenever i can find a good piece of land. have my own farm/ranch,
anything i need.

--------------------

Invisibleusg543
◕‿◕

Re: anyone here live an alternative style lifestyle? [Re: Magash]
    #697030 - 12/05/13 06:45 PM (10 years, 3 months ago)

:hi5:

that's alternative. especially for me as I have lived mostly in the bible belt and have never met an actual grower (i've actually never seen any plants flower, only some reg bag seed in veg some idiot roommates were neglecting very badly).

i swear it's another world out west (and i've never been except as a sheltered kid). i'm atheist and i love where i live except for the religious nuts and crazy laws. it's hard for me to date as i'm looking for someone with the same views and they are few and far between.

i did plan to move to CO and start a dispensary or delivery service. by the time i saved what i thought would be enough, they passed a law requiring you to be a resident for at least a year (maybe 2) before you can open up shop. my ultimate goal is to break into the marijuana industry, whether by growing or just by taking advantage of the growing legal industry. i'm just not sure how to go about it, what to do, or what ideas are good since i only deal with black market unfortunately. i've got a few ideas i think could possibly stick for new products/ideas related to the industry.

any advice you'd give to someone business oriented, intelligent, and motivated looking to get in? guess the first thing is to start growing, haha. all i've done so far is read/research/watch documentaries/lurk/plan/grow logs. you've always been a respectable grower to me as I saw what you could yield with solo cups in a post many years ago.

also in addition to advice, are there any books in particular you would recommend as far as growing?

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Re: anyone here live an alternative style lifestyle? [Re: usg543] * 1
    #697051 - 12/05/13 08:18 PM (10 years, 3 months ago)

I was challanged that I couldn't grow a half pound with dixie cups and a 400 watt light.

.........lol......

First you want to grow a product of course but it has to be good enough to beat out the other growers that are gonna show up at the club that day. People are gonna get turned down and you don't want it to be you.

Find buyers. Getting to know the club owners is the best start but normally you have to sell to them a few times before meeting the owner. Once you know the owners then they buy from you no questions asked.

Your garden has to be pumping. YOu have to have product ready when they call. Think you're gonna get away with going whenever your crop is ready and selling at that time isn't gonna fly. YOu have to have product ready in pounds all the time.

It's important not to undersell your smoke but once you have buyers don't oversell it either. Like I said if you oversell you won't have product ready for calls.

:happyweed:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

OfflinePicklez
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: anyone here live an alternative style lifestyle? [Re: usg543]
    #697059 - 12/05/13 08:46 PM (10 years, 3 months ago)

I did it for one summer, I definitely enjoyed it and would welcome it again

Living for a purpose is soo much more rewarding than working for someone else and grinding it out just to pay bills

I could definitely see myself going back to a sustainable homestead type life somewhere in my future

OfflineTheFunk
Farmer
Male User Gallery

Re: anyone here live an alternative style lifestyle? [Re: Picklez]
    #697519 - 12/07/13 10:40 PM (10 years, 3 months ago)

relevant
commune housing

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder