Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineA To The K
Smokey

OOPS (pH)
    #687024 - 10/01/13 06:57 AM (10 years, 6 months ago)

So when I was pulling my grow stuff out of storage, I grabbed my pH up and veg stuff. When I mixed up my first round of veg nutes, I completely forgot to pH it (fuckin' rusty after a year, forgive me). I mix 2 gallons at a time and my plants only drink about once a week in liter containers, so they've been getting this water for about 2-3 weeks now. I'm in coir btw.

I realized what was happening, so I ran around looking for my pH up...of course I can't find it! I ordered more from ebay, but my girls are getting more and more yellow by the day. I'm hoping it'll be in by Monday. Is there anything I can do before then? I don't have my tester either, a new one is on the way.

Should I just flush with the un-pH'd water? Will that just do more harm than good? I know they won't completely be dead by the time it comes but it sucks seeing them yellowing all up because of my fuckup. They're about to switch to flower...I know that stunts their growth for a few days. Should I just flop 'em over early? My tent is on the way and should be here next week as well, but I can use my veg lights to get them switched.

I wish I could remember where I put the fucking solution.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: OOPS (pH) [Re: A To The K]
    #687044 - 10/01/13 11:05 AM (10 years, 6 months ago)

Flush with distilled water.  Finish with a touch of veg nutes added to the last gallon of distilled water.  Unless you are using Roots brand, which throws the pH WAY the fuck off, that should help.

This being said.  Without knowing what the pH of everything is, we can't really say that is the problem.  If the nutes were old, then those could be causing the problem.

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

OfflineA To The K
Smokey

Re: OOPS (pH) [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #687198 - 10/02/13 06:59 AM (10 years, 6 months ago)

Nope, using flora nova. Thanks for the tip, I know I'm an idiot.

I get paid this Friday, then I'm headed over to the hydro store Monday or Tuesday. I might grab a bag of the ollll dirt and flip back to that for a while to see what I like better.

Honestly, I don't notice all that much difference between that and full coco. Except coco is more work, and flushes easier. But fuck it, I flush 2 weeks anyway...I get way better roots in soil.

InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: OOPS (pH) [Re: A To The K]
    #687211 - 10/02/13 09:10 AM (10 years, 6 months ago)

How old is the floranova?  That stuff didn't have a great shelf life.

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies