Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineKaptKid
Spaced Pirate
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bright Side of the Sun
EZ cloner temp ?
    #686956 - 09/30/13 07:01 PM (10 years, 5 months ago)

Is 90f to hot.
I'm starting to lose clones for the 1st time.Yellowing is happening way to fast.

Tired to upload a pic, maybe later.

--------------------
Child of the 60's, Tripping ever sence.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineFarmer Joe
Male User Gallery

Loc: USA Flag
Re: EZ cloner temp ? [Re: KaptKid]
    #686958 - 09/30/13 07:15 PM (10 years, 5 months ago)

right from the source for ya :cookiemonster:

Water Temperature and Water Chillers
IMPORTANT!!
- Ok, now it’s time for water temperature. As with most aeroponic and hydroponic
systems, the EZ-CLONE was designed to be used indoors or in a temperature controlled environment.
When I was creating and first started using the EZ-CLONE, I noticed that if my water temperature was
getting over 80 degrees in the reservoir, the cuttings were prone to developing harmful bacteria. This
was usually in the form of a grayish-brown slime, and if not treated quickly, would kill all of my cuttings.
That being said, it didn’t take me very long to figure out that during warm periods of the year, I had to
keep the unit in an air-conditioned room or find another way of keeping my water at a suitable
temperature. My focus was keeping my water as close to 70 degrees as possible. This is where I was
seeing the best results and as long as I was cleaning the unit properly in between uses, my results were
very good, usually between 95-100%.
In an attempt to further the output of the cloning system during hot times of the year and achieve more
consistent results, I decided to try using a Water Chiller. These allow you to cool the water down
considerably without having to place the Cloner in an air-conditioned room. I thought about how much
energy was consumed by running an air conditioner in comparison to the amount of energy used by the
Water Chiller. Although a good quality Water Chiller is a few hundred bucks, it does use considerably
less electricity and it applies the cold water directly to the unit as opposed to trying to cool the air around
it. The amount of money that you save in air conditioning costs pays for the Water Chiller in no time at
all. It’s well worth the investment!
Anyway, I now use a Water Chiller instead of air conditioning. I set the Chiller temperature at 68
degrees and I get better results than I’ve ever seen. The cuttings root within 5-7 days, look absolutely
beautiful, and are able to be pulled from the unit in 10-14 days with about 100% success.

--------------------
"Marijuana may not be addictive, but growing it is" - ED Rosenthal

Maine Caregiver In 100% compliance with Maine state laws.

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: EZ cloner temp ? [Re: KaptKid]
    #686977 - 09/30/13 08:23 PM (10 years, 5 months ago)

I had the same problem and it was caused by the pump that came with the unit. I changed the pump to this one by sun leaves that is 1000 gph and it doesn't add any heat to the ez-cloner.

Took care of the heat problem. Always go to the cause of your problems and see if you can fix it there before going out and buying equipment to fix the symptoms of the problem without fixing the problem. Fixing the problem may be a hell of a lot easier and cheaper in the long run.

:happyweed:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

OfflineKaptKid
Spaced Pirate
Male User Gallery

Re: EZ cloner temp ? [Re: Magash]
    #687034 - 10/01/13 09:29 AM (10 years, 5 months ago)

Thank you.

--------------------

OfflineKaptKid
Spaced Pirate
Male User Gallery

Re: EZ cloner temp ? [Re: Magash]
    #687035 - 10/01/13 09:32 AM (10 years, 5 months ago)

Thank You

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Cultivation Supplies