Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinemidniterider
Stranger
sprayed on chemical burn
    #684269 - 09/04/13 10:04 PM (10 years, 6 months ago)

Our 3rd year growing outdoors have 3 nice plants till.... have been using mixture of mint, hot pepper and soap as bug control all year was working fine till in 4th week of flower ol lady changed brands of soap and i didn't notice, bad chem burn on two lost most sun leaves burnt buds and sugar leaves a little. Have kept alive 10 days by pulling away all dead and every other day dose { 1 liter water mixed 1 tblspoon molasses.  ANY IDEAS haven't seen similar problem or first aid anywhere. Plants aren't dieing but aren't really recovering either. way to good of plants to loose if there's anything can be done.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblesigneg

Re: sprayed on chemical burn [Re: midniterider]
    #684277 - 09/05/13 03:19 AM (10 years, 6 months ago)

"spray on chemical burn" sounds like a good product. I'd buy that.:lol:

haha sorry man, maybe you can try using biodegradable dishwashing liquid instead of soap?

InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #684279 - 09/05/13 04:10 AM (10 years, 6 months ago)

Well to begin, did you rinse them off?

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

Offlinemidniterider
Stranger
Re: sprayed on chemical burn [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #684294 - 09/05/13 07:43 AM (10 years, 6 months ago)

Ok more info, Yes washed and flushed it really well, first thing but that was there days after sprayed on had been using Dove liquid dishwashing soap in my mix the switch that I didn't notice was Gain scented. Plants looked a lot like nitrogen burn but sure soap caused prob cause sprayed mix on  surrounding vegetation too and it reacted same and kill only on area treated. Top where more sprayed on worse than lower gain soap only different variable and plant that has been on same nutrients but didn't spray that time doing really,really well. Have looked hrs on internet ,leave it to me to cause problem, not addressed anyway that I can find. Molasses water was just wild ass guess on my part but seems to help a bunch. Mix been using 50% peppermint water 50% hot pepper juice couple squirts soap. Worked well till diff soap added. Just trying to salvage something from what was gonna be very abundant harvest of killer OG.

User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #684325 - 09/05/13 12:15 PM (10 years, 6 months ago)

There's nothing you can do at this point.  Since it is already in harvest, fan leaves will no grow back.  You will just have to wait ans see how they preform.  You'll more than likely get something out of it, just don't know how much or the quality.

--------------------

-niteowl

Offlinemidniterider
Stranger
Re: sprayed on chemical burn [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #684343 - 09/05/13 03:41 PM (10 years, 6 months ago)

Thanks, that's pretty much what I thought, also; but was hoping, anyway. Luckily doesn't seem to have lost quality just slowed it down considerably. Have to hang in there with molasses water [does seem to help] and hope for the best. Both plants r LST'd and supercroped and I know they have some life left cause I supercroped branch on both 5 days ago that I hadn't tied solid or cropped  yet [ just to see what would happen] and both curled back up to the sun. Last question, r the buds going to be able to expand with so few sun/fan leaves still on the plants and wonder if should up or decrease nutrients both will be due again soon. You can be sure I'll never make this kind of mistake again because both were EXCEPTIONAL.

User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #684344 - 09/05/13 03:45 PM (10 years, 6 months ago)

Well they can swell up, but not as much as what they were going to be.  Like I said, yield will be decreased.

--------------------

-niteowl

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck