Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinemixedup
Stranger
Loc: long island
Dryness of marijuana
    #679811 - 07/30/13 07:01 PM (10 years, 8 months ago)

Just read this post and I'm confused. I was under the impression that anything other than cracker dry weed is completely unacceptable similar to how vitamins and herbs come with a packet of desiccant to ensure absolute dryness. Weed is no different from a chemical, and if you had isolated THC, you wouldn't stick a lemon peel in the container you were keeping it in. Cigarettes are cracker dry... Where did people get the idea that marijuana has to have a certain moisture level?

Most non-cracker dry weed smells moldy -- that's what happens when plant material that harbors even a little water sits in bags/containers.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleresincoatedlungs
Brickweed Aficionado
 User Gallery

Re: Dryness of marijuana [Re: mixedup]
    #679815 - 07/30/13 07:08 PM (10 years, 8 months ago)

I think it's kind of like cigar smoking. The moisture level helps retain flavor, smell, freshness, and keeps it slow burning. Also, you can't effectively cure the bud without there being the right level of moisture.

I'll agree that if I planned on storing any quantity of bud for any real amount of time, I personally would have it as dry as possible to prevent mold and fungus. :puke:

--------------------
Man Eater

InvisibleP-O

Re: Dryness of marijuana [Re: resincoatedlungs]
    #679818 - 07/30/13 07:21 PM (10 years, 8 months ago)

cigs do not come bone dry... when they turn super dry, they burn to fast and are super harsh.  they come moistened

same with weed.  if its super bone dry the buds turn to shake very easy, and the smoke is harsh as fuck too.

u need moisture , but not much or it will mold :thumbup:

perfect test :  stem breaks when bent, but but does not turn to shake when squeezed

InvisibleP-O

Re: Dryness of marijuana [Re: P-O]
    #679819 - 07/30/13 07:23 PM (10 years, 8 months ago)

you wanna be drying and moistening smoke to make it acceptable :vato:

no one want soaked smoke.... and no one wants bone dry shakey smoke

Edited by P-O (07/31/13 04:36 PM)

Invisibleresincoatedlungs
Brickweed Aficionado
 User Gallery

Re: Dryness of marijuana [Re: P-O]
    #679823 - 07/30/13 07:52 PM (10 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

cigs do not come bone dry... when they turn super dry, they burn to fast and are super harsh.  they come moistened

I know, I was referring to cigars and humidors and how they need a perfect level of 69%-70% humidity to keep the smoke moist, fresh, and slow burning, like how I know most everyone prefers their bud.

Quote:

and no one wants bone dry shakey smoke

It may sound odd, but I've always preferred to buy a bag that is bone dry. I know I'm getting more bud per gram, and it burns oh so quickly giving me those fat lungbusters that I live for. :wink:
And as long as it isn't beat all to hell, there's rarely shake.

When I said I'd dry it out bone dry for storage, I meant like a lb or 2 sealed in containers in the ground, stored for several months to a year. It's not like I can open a safety deposit box for smoke, and no one in their right mind around here would just sit on a few lbs in their house. ESPECIALLY if they're not selling.

--------------------
Man Eater

InvisibleP-O

Re: Dryness of marijuana [Re: resincoatedlungs]
    #679824 - 07/30/13 07:55 PM (10 years, 8 months ago)

ya man i ment to reply to OP :wink:

and i agree if its gonna be stored for long term bone dry is the way to go.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds