Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineGreenHorns
boulevardier
Male

Loc: funkytown Flag
Curing teks
    #676958 - 07/03/13 09:45 AM (10 years, 8 months ago)

Started talking to Magash about curing in another thread. I think we could use a fresh post about how we cure certain types of buds. There seems to be a lot more than just burping jars here and there.

All I have ever done has been burped jars till tasty. Sometimes I have used pieces of dragon fruit peel to add moisture if it gets too dry. I also did toss some fresh blueberries in a jar of white widow once a few months back. Can't really say if it did much honestly but it was a thing to try. I also like to use m&m mini containers to hold small amounts in my travel tin. I swear to god my og kush tasted like the candy shell of an m&m for a month.

--------------------
wiggy wham wham wazzle

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Curing teks [Re: GreenHorns]
    #676960 - 07/03/13 10:20 AM (10 years, 8 months ago)

What your doing is fine. There are many methods and none are really any better then the other as long as the key factor is drying slowly.

Now myself how much curing have I done in the last few years....none at all. I have several gardens and have clubs waiting for me so I can't exactly be burping jars for weeks on end. I just dry slowly and I've never heard a word about it. :shrug:

Now this is just a me thing but I think that making sure the plant uses up the nutrients in it is more important then the cure. I'm sure I'm wrong but I haven't seen anything to prove otherwise yet.

:potleaf:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

OfflineGreenHorns
boulevardier
Male

Re: Curing teks [Re: Magash]
    #676968 - 07/03/13 11:22 AM (10 years, 8 months ago)

I haven't gotten to that point of self sufficiency yet. I start smoking when dry and get a tippy top shelf product halfway through. First hand accounts of that coke spraying or sun drying would be cool to hear/see.

--------------------
wiggy wham wham wazzle

OfflineGreenHorns
boulevardier
Male

#677093 - 07/04/13 10:20 PM (10 years, 8 months ago)

Been wanting to try adding things like lemon peel, coffee beans, lavender, so on to strains were the aromas would be beneficial if they absorb any at all.

--------------------
wiggy wham wham wazzle

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #677095 - 07/05/13 01:59 AM (10 years, 8 months ago)

Yeah the lemon peel thing kind of works. Dry your weed bone dry then put in a plastic bag. Add the peel your wanting to the bag. As the moisture from the peel goes into the buds it takes the smell with it. Kind of a old trick for adding smell (doesn't seem to do shit for taste) and for adding moisture to smoke if it gets to dry.

:happyweed:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

OfflineGreenHorns
boulevardier
Male

#677149 - 07/05/13 11:47 AM (10 years, 8 months ago)

Is this common practice anywhere? Sounds like its nowhere near as effective as I'd assumed it would be.

--------------------
wiggy wham wham wazzle

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #677150 - 07/05/13 12:21 PM (10 years, 8 months ago)

Honestly I have no idea if it's standard practice anyplace. I know how they do things in Mendo and Nor Cal. The lemon peel thing or actually in my case it was orange peels was a popular thing to do when your adding a quick smell and adding moisture.
Most people don't want to ad a smell so they use apple slices or potato slices cause they don't transfer there smell. That is the standard way to add moisture to overly dry weed. In fact I can't think of a better way to do it off the top of my head.

:happyweed:

--------------------

InvisibleP-O

#677151 - 07/05/13 12:58 PM (10 years, 8 months ago)

I used to get "REAL DANGEROUS" SMOKE (aka toooooooo dry) .  Im talking if u play with the bag at all it turns to to unsellable shake .

Ive used potatoes, apples, bread (bread moistened it real nice, but seemed to take away from the smell).  most often id use a spray bottle 1-2 sprays on each side, then 1 or 2 in the middle (leave it for 12hrs to remoisten the buds.....  this was not to "add weight".  I did it so the smoke would be smokeable buds not dry powder!

Other local guys WOULD SPRAY it for more weight.... when they were done it would be soaked and unsmokeable :facepalm3: .  One guy comes to mind the most..... he would add "blueberry spray" to the water and call all his weed a "blueberry hybrid"..... funny thing is 90% of weed he had was a wet blueberry hybrid :lol:

(this doesn't really have much to do with curing.... just remoistening)

Edited by P-O (07/05/13 12:59 PM)

InvisibleP-O

Re: Curing teks [Re: P-O]
    #677193 - 07/05/13 09:26 PM (10 years, 8 months ago)

u could always harvest the asian gangster way.....

cut em down and hang em in a room with a few heaters on full blast....  once its a LIL bit dry .... send em out.

Ive gotten weed SOAKED from them.  They litterly call u the day the cutt em down, and say "got a crop ready" tomorrow or so :facepalm3:  thats the norm with asian growers here.... no wonder its soooo cheap !  its like mexican weed.  no one really wants it, but if its cheap and dry around people will buy it.

OfflineGreenHorns
boulevardier
Male

Re: Curing teks [Re: P-O]
    #677219 - 07/06/13 05:20 AM (10 years, 8 months ago)

I've heard it refereed to as Houdini weed cause it goes up in a puff of smoke. What a horrible thing to do to weed. I'm going to have to try some creative flavor angles out when I pull these 4 main "vanilla kush" seeds I've been growing.

--------------------
wiggy wham wham wazzle

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale