Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleCOOKED101
Eagle Eyes
Male

Air flow sealed room
    #675298 - 06/19/13 06:59 PM (10 years, 9 months ago)

I only need a 4 inch inline for my exhaust and my intake needs be an inline to work with ducting, can I use another inline the same as my exhaust or should I look for a 4 inch inline with a lower cfm to keep a good suction in the room as its sealed. I'm just not sure? If anyone can give some insight on this it would be appreciated greatly.

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Air flow sealed room [Re: COOKED101]
    #675303 - 06/19/13 08:36 PM (10 years, 9 months ago)

Are you doing passive intake?

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

Offlinejoshisstoned
strange
Male

Loc: Akron
Re: Air flow sealed room [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #675312 - 06/19/13 09:29 PM (10 years, 9 months ago)

Like hawk said, you really only need the one fan to suck out to passively draw air in. Is this what you mean? The only other comment I would have is that if you must have two fans make sure more air is being pulled and vented than is entering, creating negative pressure.

--------------------
Give me the bat wendy!

InvisibleCOOKED101
Eagle Eyes
Male

Re: Air flow sealed room [Re: joshisstoned]
    #675320 - 06/19/13 10:39 PM (10 years, 9 months ago)

I wish I could but i can't do passive air intake it's a large wardrobe attached to my bedroom with a normal door i really cant cut it and i want it to be stealthy. It has an existing manhole access to the roof space above, I plan to run the intake and exhaust with ducting into this area.  I plan to run the intake in the roof a couple metres above my ensuite next door (which doesn't get used at all) and suck fresh cool air from we're the existing bathroom exuast fan is. The exuast will just be ducting from the air cooled hood straight up to the 4 inch inline on a shelf above then ducting up int the roof to a carbon filter. Oh yeh and the intake ducting will run all the way down the wall on one side and under the plants so it's. What do think Hawk run two 4 inch inlines the same specs or try and get an inline for intake with slightly less cfm rating to create that slight vacuum so there's a good stream of air flow, or am over thinking it.

--------------------

InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #675328 - 06/19/13 11:29 PM (10 years, 9 months ago)

Well what you're describing  can definitely be made passive.  Just get one big 6 or 8 inch fan' for the exhaust.  Then just the tube for the intake.  Or run the 2 fans like you're talking about.  But the more air flow the Brett, so I'd go with a bigger fan

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

InvisibleCOOKED101
Eagle Eyes
Male

Re: Air flow sealed room [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #675336 - 06/20/13 12:06 AM (10 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

hawksapprentice said:
Well what you're describing  can definitely be made passive.  Just get one big 6 or 8 inch fan' for the exhaust.  Then just the tube for the intake.  Or run the 2 fans like you're talking about.  But the more air flow the Brett, so I'd go with a bigger fan

Thanks heaps I didn't even think of that, i always thought of a vent in the door or floor but not that, so it wont matter that the ducting length is 4m long. It's a great idea that is going cost less to set up and to run. I like keeping things simple and as you said the more air flow the better, and also a cooler room.
Thanks again Hawk.

--------------------

Edited by COOKED101 (06/20/13 12:10 AM)

OfflineJack Ching
Bada-bing
Male
    #675359 - 06/20/13 04:42 PM (10 years, 9 months ago)

Ducting length will definitely come into the equation, are you using a standard homeboy depot duct fan? Or do you have something like a vortex? Because the rinky dink booster fan isn't gonna have the balls to pull or push through 12ft of ducting efficiently. They can be used as secondary units, but they suck as a main source of air exchange. Some more infor on your setup, growing space, fan size/flow, ambient temps, temps after lights, et cetera will help you get more accurate answers

--------------------
Formerly: DieselB

InvisibleCOOKED101
Eagle Eyes
Male

Re: Air flow sealed room [Re: Jack Ching]
    #676322 - 06/27/13 02:23 AM (10 years, 8 months ago)

I had a crack at setting the closet up I posted it in grow rom designs here.
http://www.growery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/676321

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck