Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineskuzzy1232
Stranger

little help should i feed my baby kush plant again..?:) pics
    #674956 - 06/17/13 11:12 AM (10 years, 9 months ago)

ok so she was starting to turn yellow yesterday.The day before i flushed it as i do with every watering. i have not Started adding fertilizer yet because the fox farms soil was keeping it happy.
so yesterday morning it started yellowing  so i mixed up some fertilizer
1gal of water 1 tablespoon of  3-2-4
one pinch of episom  saits
one tablespoon of calcium
to adjust a magnesium issue.

later in the day the plant started to darken healthy a bit
greening  up a bit :smile: looked like this

woke up this morning it lookes  hungry ?  for another feeding ?

Edited by skuzzy1232 (06/17/13 01:22 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineskuzzy1232
Stranger

Re: little help should i feed my baby kush plant again..?:) pics [Re: skuzzy1232]
    #674976 - 06/17/13 12:33 PM (10 years, 9 months ago)

ph  water is 6.6 run off is 6.4

OfflineFarmer Joe
Male User Gallery

Loc: USA Flag
Re: little help should i feed my baby kush plant again..?:) pics [Re: skuzzy1232]
    #674977 - 06/17/13 12:35 PM (10 years, 9 months ago)

ffof should have enough to keep that lil plant happy for 3-4 weeks. i would not suggest feeding that plant again for a while. I'm not positive what you've got going on there. Identifying deficiencies is still a weakness of mine.

you say you flush with every watering? I would not advise dong so....... are you actually flushing or just watering until there's some runoff?  If you really flushed the day before and and fed the plant the very next day you may simply be over watering your plant.

--------------------
"Marijuana may not be addictive, but growing it is" - ED Rosenthal

Maine Caregiver In 100% compliance with Maine state laws.

Offlineskuzzy1232
Stranger

Re: little help should i feed my baby kush plant again..?:) pics [Re: Farmer Joe]
    #674986 - 06/17/13 01:13 PM (10 years, 9 months ago)

kk ill let  it ride a bit then she is out side  getting some sun ... also wouldnt it wilt before it turned yellow if its over watering..? this plant is getting big for its age :smile:

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #674989 - 06/17/13 01:51 PM (10 years, 9 months ago)

lol...this is classic.....you really think the plant is greening up the same day you feed it let alone in a few hours and then needs more food the next day? That is insane.

In the second pic the leaf at the bottom that is starting to curl in with the slight browning on the side. Just so you know that is from to much food. To be exact to much nitrogen.

:happyweed:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

Offlineskuzzy1232
Stranger

Re: little help should i feed my baby kush plant again..?:) pics [Re: Magash]
    #674994 - 06/17/13 02:59 PM (10 years, 9 months ago)

:thumbup: well im glad its entertaining for you :smile: cool the browning was actually from a lack of magnesium diffecincy that was corrected earlier . as i used the grow bible for info before really using this site. I don't understand how it could be too much food if the plant was started from a seedlings grown only in that soil and only surviving off the nutrients in the soil, because i never gave it food...i only water with ph balanced water with a pinch of cal mag .. because the leaves got rustbrown spots and had tacoing  effect which the cal mag fixed. the plant went from a nice lush green to a light color yellow  green starting from the base of the leaf extending outwards. which is common fromlack of nitrogen right? usually  feeding it solves the extremely  yellow parts in 24  hours  or so but this time it didn't so important just asking you guys.

Offlineskuzzy1232
Stranger

#674997 - 06/17/13 03:04 PM (10 years, 9 months ago)

SORRY  for grammar im on a phone .

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #675007 - 06/17/13 05:23 PM (10 years, 9 months ago)

If it's the grow bible by Greg Green it's good for two things. Toilet paper and lining rabbit cages. Yeah I wasted my money on that book too. As long as you have the problem solved that's what counts.

Yeah it's old Ed Rosenthal but he does know his stuff. I use to teach growing with him in Oakland. I believe he's still there teaching actually. That book also has a website that is constantly updated.

This one is done by George Cirvantes the creater of the strain Strawberry Cough. This book has by far the best write up on deficiencies.

Quote:

the plant went from a nice lush green to a light color yellow  green starting from the base of the leaf extending outwards. which is common fromlack of nitrogen right?

No, but it's very similar. There are several that do start at the base of the leaf though. Here is some info on nitrogen.

You said the runoff was at 6.4 and that is pretty much perfect for soil.

Quote:

1gal of water 1 tablespoon of  3-2-4
one pinch of episom  saits
one tablespoon of calcium
to adjust a magnesium issue.

Now I have no idea if you do this or not but don't ad these to the bottle before the water. The different nutrients can lock each other out.

and last if you can't figure out what the problem absolutely for sure then this should handle the problem

:happyweed:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

Offlineskuzzy1232
Stranger

#675009 - 06/17/13 05:31 PM (10 years, 9 months ago)

good i knew this site would be better ! :smile: cool should i flush or just leave it ??

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #675010 - 06/17/13 05:38 PM (10 years, 9 months ago)

Give it a day or so and use your best judgment. Seems you know what your doing so I'm sure after a day or so you'll know.

May not be a bad idea though, but if you do wait a day for that too. You just flushed it and that can be stressful on the plant. In a day or a few actually give her a flush if you feel you need it then wait till the soil drys a little and then give her a normal feeding with a complete nutrient. That way you know you covered all the bases. :thumbup:

--------------------

Offlineskuzzy1232
Stranger

#675017 - 06/17/13 06:27 PM (10 years, 9 months ago)

quick question got one in flower do i just feed it the bloom food when it shows signs that it needs it or a schedual ?

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #675018 - 06/17/13 06:35 PM (10 years, 9 months ago)

I'd go with a schedule. That way you keep the plant from having any problems. When you wait till the plant shows signs that need something then that is waiting till a problem starts. Best to keep them from starting in the first place.

:thumbup:

--------------------

Offlineskuzzy1232
Stranger

#675022 - 06/17/13 07:25 PM (10 years, 9 months ago)

kk

Offlineskuzzy1232
Stranger

#675129 - 06/18/13 10:39 AM (10 years, 9 months ago)

its looking a little better this morning hasn't gotten worse .

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: little help should i feed my baby kush plant again..?:) pics [Re: skuzzy1232] * 1
    #675130 - 06/18/13 10:43 AM (10 years, 9 months ago)

Cool, you may just get by without having to flush it. :thumbup: Just think in a few months you have one of these.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies