Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineDust to Dust
Stranger
Marijuana profiling of Colorado cars happened to me twice in one trip, says Westword writer
    #663811 - 03/27/13 07:08 PM (11 years, 25 days ago)

http://blogs.westword.com/latestword/2013/03/marijuana_profiling_colorado_britt_chester.php?page=2

By Michael Roberts Wed., Mar. 6 2013 at 7:12 AM (Westword)

In writing about the marijuana-possession arrest of Brighton's [defendant] last month, we explored claims that cars with Colorado plates are being profiled in other states because of our marijuana laws. Since then, more profiling anecdotes have rolled in amid related reports, like a TV station piece about an alleged drug pipeline between Colorado and Nebraska. Now, however, we've got the best evidence yet that such profiling is a thing thanks to Westworder Britt Chester, who was stopped and hassled not once but twice, in two separate states, during a cross-country trip last week.
Chester is well-known to readers of our Backbeat blog for his concert reviews and photography, and he's occasionally ventured into The Latest Word, too, as in a December post about his arrest for skateboarding -- a dust-up that resulted in him posing for one of the sweetest-ever mug shots under his given name, Jonathan Chester.

Britt Chester's excellent 2012 mug shot.
Despite his love for Colorado, though, Chester recently decided to move back to his home state of North Carolina to be closer to his family, among other things -- and last week, he and a pal set out for the journey in a truck with Colorado license plates. But they didn't get far before they ran afoul of the law.
"We were about halfway through Kansas when a state trooper pulled us over," Chester says.

On what pretext?

"Driving in the left lane," he replies. "I didn't even know that was a law, but the trooper said that in the past couple of years, they've made driving in the left lane illegal unless you're passing. We weren't speeding -- we were just driving in the left lane."

Not that this appears to have been the real reason Chester captured the trooper's attention.

"He was really nice -- one of the nicest law-enforcement officers I've ever met," he notes. "And he said, 'Hey, listen, a lot of people are trafficking marijuana out of Colorado. Some of it's for medical purposes, some of it's for profit. Do you mind if I look in your truck?'"

As the mug shot above indicates, Chester has had some experience interacting with the authorities, and he understood that he didn't have to allow his truck to be searched. But while he's been known to enjoy the occasional bud, "I knew we didn't have anything on us," he says. "We had some rolling papers, but there was no pot, no paraphernalia. So we said, 'Okay.'"

The trooper looked around, and when he didn't see anything untoward, he allowed Chester and friend to be on their way. But the failure to catch them riding dirty wouldn't dissuade him from using the same technique in the future.

"He said they were keeping their eye out for Colorado plates," Chester recalls.

His brethren further east were doing likewise, as Chester discovered upon hitting Tennessee.

[admin edit: defendant's name redacted by request]

Edited by geokills (04/06/15 12:24 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Re: Marijuana profiling of Colorado cars happened to me twice in one trip, says Westword writer [Re: Dust to Dust]
    #663830 - 03/27/13 07:51 PM (11 years, 25 days ago)

Same thing happens to Oregon plates I hear.  I have a few friends who were busted with large amounts, no reason to pull them over.  Best to get a rental if you are going move weight these days.

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

InvisibleGBurger717
Let me be me! I luv me some me!
Male

Loc: USA, East of Mississippi Flag
Re: Marijuana profiling of Colorado cars happened to me twice in one trip, says Westword writer [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #663907 - 03/28/13 03:55 PM (11 years, 24 days ago)

Rentals are good but MAKE SURE there are no rental car stickers on them!!! I know for a FACT cops look for them.

I live on the east coat and the city I live in is one known are the herion railroad!! Herion comes in the docks at baltimore and travles north threw DC, Philly, York, Pittsburg, NY and other places. The dealers get rentals when movein weight and the cops on major highways here know that and when they see it... Boom your being pulled over!

My buddie from school was caught with 2 ounces of herion going from philly to pittsburg and they troppers got him. when he was being taken to county jail for processing the tropper told him the rental was what got him busted. Sad to say he would be free for a LONG time...

--------------------
"If only one party supports a bill, it's probably not a very good bill. If both parties support it, you can be sure that however good it seems on the surface, under the covers it's worse than you could possibly imagine" - Me myself and I 08-02-12

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty - Jefferson

The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. - Jefferson

InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Re: Marijuana profiling of Colorado cars happened to me twice in one trip, says Westword writer [Re: GBurger717]
    #663917 - 03/28/13 05:34 PM (11 years, 24 days ago)

Well shit....

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder