Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinemyl3sss
Stranger

Second wind for bud production! A must look.
    #663405 - 03/24/13 05:25 PM (11 years, 6 days ago)

Alright so this is my first post on the growery forum I was the previous member of the shroomery. Just recently I have came across the growery. Loving the site already.

But the real reason I'm here is because I think I figured out how to make even larger colas accidently. Which is a good accident this will be a long read with pictures to follow.

It all started just growing my main few strains. Well I decided to try out some seeds I bought awhile ago a few months back. I sprouted them and let them grow just like normal. The strain is mazar. I put them into flower cycle. And got to about week 5 when the discovery happened.

The story: I just went to Chicago to visit friends and have a bit of me time. I gave all my flowering girls a ph balanced plain water with added mix of humic folic just before I left for vacation. I came home on Sunday tired and ready for bed I unpacked and passed out. I woke up to my maintenance guy that works for my lanlorfixing homes and such. Both of which know I'm a legal card holder.

He knocks and tells me I have to take down all my equipment. My house had a city inspector coming Tuesday morning to check the electrical/ heating and plumbing of the entire house. I was in a panic because I had to break down all my rooms. And move all my plants to my neighbors house. Which he was a grower as well. But he had pets. Well 40 plants later I get everything moved over and passed my inspection.

So to go back a bit. Monday I found out and gave them another basic watering moved them.
Tuesday inspection. And Tuesday night I got my plants back. After about 6 hours of sleep its finally Thursday and all my rooms were rebuilt and lights are on. About 300$ later as well.

I let loose a bunch of co2 in my rooms making the ppm count to a deadly amount for about 10 minutes to help kill off any bugs that may have jumped in during the move. And introduced about 1000 ladybugs. Rest assure I haven't seen a bug at all.

So just as I'm about to feed I pick up my fox farm container to find it empty. Through all this choas I forgot to go buy more nuts. So at this point my girls are pissed as hell at me. And I felt like a terrible father. I planned on switching to heavy 16 line to give it a try. So I bought some. Knowing my girls still have 4 weeks till harvest.

2 days pass and they bounce back to about 95% only lost one plant due to slipping on ice.
Well I had 2 different genetics of the mazar going.

A week from present day today is week 7 of flowering or day 49. Both plants have heavy colas and are looking great and are looking 5%-10% amber. But I notice mazar 7 is outperforming mazar 3.

A few more days pass and in the dark with a green light I look at mazar 3 ( the not so good one) I noticed new pistil development. My lights finally turn on and I go check on mazar 3 and I'll be damn new pistils developed. And THEN I look over my canopy my eyes glance passes mazar 7(the best one) and the entire plant has buds that have pistils reaching out. With 7 to 8 pistil growth sites on top of one of my buds. And my buds should be about a maybe 1.5 weeks until harvest.

Current day: as I checked on them today mazar 3 regressed and is on normal schedule. But mazar 7 is just getting bigger and bigger. This is something I've never seen almost as if this plant has gotten a second wind on life. The production is started to make me get excited about either this strain or this new type of strategy to shock and super boost plants with better nutrients. I'm not sure what has caused this

I have a few worries under lying buds under new growth rotting. And such if I let it go for a few weeks longer. I will be able to test my bud with a local dispensary my friend owns. So I'll update you as harvest comes with final weight. Thc percentage and such.

Anyone have any experience in this?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offline81renaissance
Coachella '13 KKOTY
Male

Loc: State of Mind Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Second wind for bud production! A must look. [Re: myl3sss]
    #663407 - 03/24/13 06:33 PM (11 years, 6 days ago)

When you say pistil development, do you mean more bud growth, or just more hairs (which is what pistils are)?

What you're describing sounds like foxtailing calyces, which occurs when the plant gets an N boost late in flower (and begins new vegetative growth), or sometimes occurs as a result of genetics (like with a lot of the sour d hybrids).

--------------------
"So it goes."
-Kurt Vonnegut

BlueBerry_Swisher said:I want French fries. No, I want a penis French. Thank you. I'm so excited. I can not contain myself. Now I eat chocolate. It is so good. I'm trying to rub it all over myself. And then lick. Now I need a hot shower. The end.

Offlinemyl3sss
Stranger

Re: Second wind for bud production! A must look. [Re: 81renaissance]
    #663679 - 03/26/13 06:10 PM (11 years, 4 days ago)

New pistil and bud development. You may be right. It is a diesel smelling bud. But its mazar. I don't know I actually am going to wait this one out. And see the results in a week. I might of finally just found good gene tics. That out performs all my others.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Cultivation Supplies