Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleP-O

Missouri Bill Would Tax Drug Dealers On Their Sales
    #657058 - 02/01/13 01:23 AM (11 years, 1 month ago)

http://stlouis.cbslocal.com/2013/01/30/missouri-bill-would-tax-drug-dealers-on-their-sales/

Missouri Bill Would Tax Drug Dealers On Their Sales

JEFFERSON CITY, MO (KMOX) - A bill proposed in the Missouri House would require drug dealers to pay taxes on their drugs.

Democratic Representative Jeff Roorda (D-Barnhart) sponsored the measure and says it would help crack down on drug trafficking. He also says sending drug dealers who are addicted to drugs to jail isn’t the solution.

“I believe that incarceration isn’t our best option as a society when we’re dealing with folks particularly when their crimes are motivated by addiction rather than greed,” Roorda said.

“For those that are battling their demons and have some sort of addiction problem, the idea of taking this money and dumping it into treatment programs I think is a good one and moves Missouri closer to where we want to be as a state.”

Roorda says if dealers are caught without the tax stamp on their drugs, they would have to pay the required tax on top of other charges.

Edited by P-O (02/01/13 02:22 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineDrCrumbs
Alpha Blue

Loc: Gili Trawangan
Re: Missouri Bill Would Tax Drug Dealers On Their Sales [Re: P-O]
    #657172 - 02/01/13 11:10 PM (11 years, 1 month ago)

Wonder if you can buy the stamps from a vending machine like stamps.
I wonder if its true you cant be incarcerated if you ve paid tax on it. I heard that in one of those netflix documentaries. I think it was marajuiana inc. Or someting.

Whats to stop people from using the same stamp over and over.

Offlinedoursiezel
Stranger
Re: Missouri Bill Would Tax Drug Dealers On Their Sales [Re: DrCrumbs]
    #659108 - 02/15/13 10:17 PM (11 years, 1 month ago)

hey a step forward is a step forward.

congrats on taxization to missouri

Offline81renaissance
Coachella '13 KKOTY
Male

Loc: State of Mind Flag
Re: Missouri Bill Would Tax Drug Dealers On Their Sales [Re: doursiezel]
    #659130 - 02/16/13 08:41 AM (11 years, 1 month ago)

This is neither a new thing, nor a step forward.

If you get caught with enough cannabis for them to determine intent to sell, they check your bags/jars for tax stamps (which nobody has), and then can charge you for tax evasion and you get the approximate amount of tax associated with your stash levied against you.
For instance, Minnesota can give you something like 5 years of jail time and/or $10,000 in fines IN ADDITION TO the drug charges, if you don't have your drugs stamped. 
Kind of sounds like the shit that started the American Revolutionary War huh?

Almost half the states in the nation have drug tax stamps, but (as we see in this thread) nobody knows about them, or those that know think they're gonna get busted (which might be the case).

--------------------
"So it goes."
-Kurt Vonnegut

BlueBerry_Swisher said:I want French fries. No, I want a penis French. Thank you. I'm so excited. I can not contain myself. Now I eat chocolate. It is so good. I'm trying to rub it all over myself. And then lick. Now I need a hot shower. The end.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules