Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineCerveau
 User Gallery

So far so good
    #650841 - 12/12/12 08:42 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Week 1 of the Fox Farm feeding schedule, so far so good.

This is Danica Patrick, I noticed after feeding today one of her leafs was reaching up. I'm thinking I may have over fed, hoping not.

This is Caia Uffgood, named after the midget wife from Willow (my gf and I had just watched it before I asked her to help me with a name). Her leafs are a little wrinkly but I don't think anything is wrong. I could be over analyzing it.

pH of 6.5 on both, on Sunday I gave them half of the recommended nutrients per Fox Farm's schedule because it was the first time they had been fed. They responded well so today I gave them the normal amount. I'll know tomorrow morning if it was too much or too little.

From the look of the leafs I'd say Ms. Patrick is a sativa and Caia is an indica but I could be wrong.

One mistake I made so far was to purchase the Grow Big Soil instead of the hydro. I found in another post that I could keep using it, just use less so the next feeding I might give one or two teaspoons fewer to see how they respond.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineCerveau
 User Gallery

Re: So far so good [Re: Cerveau]
    #650849 - 12/12/12 08:56 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #650873 - 12/13/12 12:19 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Don't feed them more then 1/4 strength for the first month at least. Myself I don't feed them anything the first few weeks.

I've done ok

:wink:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

OfflineCerveau
 User Gallery

Re: So far so good [Re: Magash]
    #651880 - 12/18/12 07:51 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

I've been following the Fox Farm feeding schedule and I think they may be over fertilized and/or I moved my light too close.

I fed them on Sunday and everything was fine, this is how they looked:

Just to see what would happen I moved my light closer yesterday, about a foot and they started to do this:

Edit: They were fed and pH'ed on Sunday, 48 hours ago. Would it take this long to show signs of over feeding or did I move the light too close?

Edited by Cerveau (12/18/12 07:53 PM)

InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #651889 - 12/18/12 08:59 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Well, you should be checking the pH EVERY day.  Also, almost every thread I ever read, and from my own personal experience has always stated, start out at maybe a 1/4 of the recommended at the most. 

You're more than likely over feeding them.  Also, how close did you move the lights.

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

OfflineCerveau
 User Gallery

Re: So far so good [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #651899 - 12/18/12 09:27 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Less than a foot away, maybe 10 inches or so. I've moved it back since to see if it'll make a difference tomorrow. I don't understand the purpose of having a feeding schedule if its wrong anyway...

So the buckets have two gallons in them, 6 teaspoons of Big Bloom and 3 teaspoons of Grow Big (soil). I'm trying to avoid deficiencies, yellowing and such.

I'll try less nutrients to see how that changes things.

User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #651903 - 12/18/12 09:39 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Because they have to give you something.  If you do your research you would know that different strains are more sensitive than others.  Hell you can have seeds of the same strain and have such different phenos that they need different amounts.  They need to give you some sort of guideline, that's why they are there. 

But even the slightest amount of digging shows that the cast majority of people out there don't recommend using them at full strength.

Deficiencies are WAY better than over feeding.  Much easier to just give it a little more, than to have to recover a plant from shock.

Since you are doing hydro, have you grabbed yourself a PPM meter?  How are you checking your pH?

--------------------

-niteowl

OfflineCerveau
 User Gallery

Re: So far so good [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #651906 - 12/18/12 09:45 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

I test the pH with general hydroponics' goofy water in their container and then three drops of test indicator method, I double check with litmus papers. I do not have a PPM meter, maybe next month.

I did test the pH Sunday and yesterday, it was 6.5. I'll check it again right now.

I also have no idea what these are, the seeds were gifts from a friend.

I was under the impression there would be signs of overfeeding within a day. Could it take more than 48 hours for them to show signs over being over fed?

User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #651912 - 12/18/12 10:23 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

That't too high.  You need to be at 5.5-5.8.

What the hell is hydroponics goofy water?

Yes, it could take 2 days to show shock from too much feeding.  And those things are seedlings, they wouldn't need shit.

--------------------

-niteowl

Invisiblecurbstop
Stranger

Re: So far so good *DELETED* [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #651957 - 12/19/12 06:53 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Post deleted by curbstop

Reason for deletion: Sdr

Offline81renaissance
Coachella '13 KKOTY
Male

Loc: State of Mind Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: So far so good [Re: curbstop]
    #651966 - 12/19/12 10:26 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Theres no maybe about it‚if you want consistent success youll need a good ppm meter

I think this should be qualified: For hydroponic methods, you need to monitor ppm and pH, however I don't pay attention to either because my soil is self buffering and I don't use "nutes" per se; I build my soil so that it has everything needed from seedling to flowering.  Then all I have to do is water, and occasionally amend with a compost or molasses tea.

That said, I'll re-state for the OP: For hydroponic methods, you need to monitor ppm and pH

--------------------
"So it goes."
-Kurt Vonnegut

BlueBerry_Swisher said:I want French fries. No, I want a penis French. Thank you. I'm so excited. I can not contain myself. Now I eat chocolate. It is so good. I'm trying to rub it all over myself. And then lick. Now I need a hot shower. The end.

OfflineCerveau
 User Gallery

#651967 - 12/19/12 10:39 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

curbstop said:

I have to assume there referring to the ph test kit from GH with the vials and the drops
GH ph kit

Theres no maybe about it‚if you want consistent success youll need a good ppm meter
Below is my recommended ppm meter
Truncheon

Yes this is how I test my pH, it came with my pH up and down. The kit had a chart that lead me to believe that the ideal pH for maximum nutrient absorption was 6.5. I had a grower's bible but that was almost three years ago. I dont understand why there would be a chart if the information is inaccurate. I guess I'll have to pick up the grower's bible again.

I cannot and will not spend $90 on a PPM meter at this time. I have Christmas to think about and between lights, buckets, pumps, nutrients, solubles, mylar, pH up and down I've already spent about $700. Is there anything comparable that won't cost me an entire Christmas gift?

Edited by Cerveau (12/19/12 11:27 AM)

User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #651985 - 12/19/12 01:33 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

6.5 is for soil,  5.5 is hydro, so yes your chart was inaccurate.

So you spent 700 bucks already, but 90 is what's going be the deal breaker?  They are essential for hydro growing.

Coda, this is a hydro grow, that's why we said it was essential.  I never use PPM meters on my soil grow, but I sure as hell do check my pH.

--------------------

-niteowl

Invisiblecurbstop
Stranger

Re: So far so good *DELETED* [Re: Cerveau]
    #651986 - 12/19/12 01:35 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Post deleted by curbstop

Reason for deletion: Sdr

Offline81renaissance
Coachella '13 KKOTY
Male

Loc: State of Mind Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #652001 - 12/19/12 04:46 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

I wasn't correcting anyone, just adding some extra info for other noobs who might like to know differences between soil/hydro setups.:gonz:

--------------------
"So it goes."
-Kurt Vonnegut

BlueBerry_Swisher said:I want French fries. No, I want a penis French. Thank you. I'm so excited. I can not contain myself. Now I eat chocolate. It is so good. I'm trying to rub it all over myself. And then lick. Now I need a hot shower. The end.

User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: So far so good [Re: 81renaissance]
    #652003 - 12/19/12 04:58 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

:cookiemonster:

--------------------

-niteowl

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder