Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Sensible Seeds Shop: Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Invisiblemhbound
Ballin out at all cost
Male User Gallery

Loc: High Flag
Washington State and Colorado will lead the way towards sensible drug laws,
    #644453 - 11/06/12 10:53 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Finally...I've been waiting on this day since the first time I smoked pot. Now when I go to court I can argue, sort of. :lol:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2012/11/07/marijuana-legalize-washington-colorado/1688121/

Quote:

12:24AM EST November 7. 2012 - Washington State and Colorado made history tonight by becoming the first states in the United States - to approve the legal regulation of marijuana.

These victories likely represent the beginning of the end of marijuana prohibition in this country and many others as well. Just as the repeal of alcohol Prohibition began in the late 1920s with individual states repealing their own prohibition laws, and ultimately culminated with repeal of federal Prohibition, so Washington and Colorado have initiated a political process that will resonate nationally.

The transformation in public opinion over the past six years, not just in these two states but nationwide, has been nothing short of remarkable. As recently as 2006, Gallup's polling found 36% of Americans in favor of legalizing marijuana use and 60% opposed. By late 2011, that 36% in favor had jumped to 50% and the opposition has fallen to 46%. What Washington and Colorado did tonight, other states are sure to replicate in years to come.

It would be a mistake to describe these victories as "pro-pot." Millions of Americans who have no particular affinity for marijuana have decided that it makes no sense to keep spending billions of dollars trying to enforce an unenforceable prohibition when state and local governments could be taking in comparable amounts by taxing and regulating marijuana. They know that legalizing marijuana will deprive criminal organizations in Mexico and this country of profits and power, and enable police and prosecutors to focus resources on serious crimes. They are convinced that arresting 750,000 people each year for possessing a small amount of marijuana is costly, cruel and unjust. And they rightfully believe that young people will fare better with responsible regulations rather than ineffective prohibitions.

To put this in global perspective, even as the federal government persists with its failed drug war strategy, the United States has now emerged as the global leader in promoting more sensible policies with respect to marijuana.

--------------------
Suck my balls America

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSmOakland
Now with Grow!
Male User Gallery

Loc: Oaktown to NOLA
Re: Washington State and Colorado will lead the way towards sensible drug laws, [Re: mhbound]
    #644511 - 11/07/12 07:55 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Will people in these states be let out of prison if they were in for weed selling/possession?

Invisiblemhbound
Ballin out at all cost
Male User Gallery

Re: Washington State and Colorado will lead the way towards sensible drug laws, [Re: SmOakland]
    #644519 - 11/07/12 09:34 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

From past laws to have passed I doubt it, I wish I could remember the ones I'm referring to, but from what I recall in similar situations it did not set anyone free as they had already been sentenced, at least until they went back to court and worked the details out. I don't think all of those tiny details like that(not that tiny but you know what I mean) have been worked out yet.

I'm sure lawmakers will sort those things out over the coming months and I actually had the same question..I wouldn't be surprised if you see that being fought out in the courthouse soon, I'm sure its a question a lot of people have.

I'll ask someone I know who is involved with the movement.

--------------------
Suck my balls America

OfflineOGDUBZ
Stranger

Re: Washington State and Colorado will lead the way towards sensible drug laws, [Re: mhbound]
    #644524 - 11/07/12 10:17 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

2 states down 48 to go!!  I hope by next election over half the states will be legal recreationally.

Invisiblemhbound
Ballin out at all cost
Male User Gallery

Re: Washington State and Colorado will lead the way towards sensible drug laws, [Re: OGDUBZ]
    #644552 - 11/07/12 12:02 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

They said they are not aware of anything either at this time. That's something that will have to be sorted out. When they lessened the crack penalties they went through the same thing. I expect them to though.

I can't believe marijuana is a schedule I drug. Someone give me a rational reason as to why, please.

--------------------
Suck my balls America

Jump to top Pages: 1

Original Sensible Seeds Shop: Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains