Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Gold Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinedmtcorey
~The time police~
 User Gallery

containing oders in smaller apt
    #634840 - 08/15/12 08:30 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

have to move and reset up ,im going to be moving to the city where i will have to be dialed into oder control more then the country setting im used to growing in .
so the plan is to get a 1 or 2 bedroom apt and i am worryed about the oder issue ,i plan on setting up a 4x4 veg tent and 4x4 flower tent ,im wondering if i use proper fans and carbon filters in the tents if a can expect to be able to fully contain the oder ,so im looking for someone with some experience similar to mine !

thanks guys

--------------------
:whereismiddleman:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: containing oders in smaller apt [Re: dmtcorey]
    #634857 - 08/15/12 02:05 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

IT's possible, But you're going to need to run at least a 10 inch inline fan/carbon filter.  Also an inline ozone producer is a good idea as well since you're going to be in an apartment building.

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

Offlinesidetwist
Guano Reefs
 User Gallery

#634960 - 08/17/12 09:11 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

I wish you good luck, all of that sounds very exciting.

--------------------
Live slow, die old.

Offlinedmtcorey
~The time police~
 User Gallery

Re: containing oders in smaller apt [Re: sidetwist]
    #634968 - 08/17/12 09:49 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

thanks for the replys fellas,ill have to do snooping around at the grow shop,:)

--------------------
:whereismiddleman:

Offlinesidetwist
Guano Reefs
 User Gallery

#634987 - 08/17/12 03:16 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

AH what I could still say is that I mounted my inline fan with some mason jar rubber bands which I hung to some hooks in my cabinet. I did it to mount them resonance free. now all that you ever hear is the direct noise of the inline fan and that's not too much because I'm living at a high traffic road and just one kilometer away is the federal motorhighway so there's outside traffic noise around the clock. I realized that just yesterday that I can let my fan run on full (with open window, all through night) without disturbing anyone.
I also think once you have a fan and a scrubber big enough for your grow area you don't have to worry about the smell any more. See, if the fan is so fast enough then you can basicly let the door open with the exhaust ending in your living room and you'll still barely notice a difference with smell. You can even trim your harvest in front of the grow room and it will suck the weed air right through the scrubber, done.
I guess you are going to get a professional grow tent or something so you won't have to worry about light leaks either. If you can hook the exhaust to your houses ventilation system you won't even have problems with the heat any more.

Edit: You're going for something big ^^.

But I'm very new at this, I just have some basic ideas and I'm still learning of my mistakes from my small grow. Did you grow outdoors before if I might ask?

--------------------
Live slow, die old.

Edited by sidetwist (08/17/12 03:24 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom