Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinemota
human
Male

The Truth About Muammar Gaddafi
    #627455 - 06/13/12 06:25 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Edited by mota (06/13/12 07:07 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineKing Koopa
Natty
 User Gallery

Re: The Truth About Muammar Gaddafi [Re: mota]
    #627462 - 06/13/12 06:36 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

I don't have any working speakers. Could you brief me on the points? Thankies

--------------------
Alcoholics Anonymous is a fellowship of men and women who share their experience, strength and hope with each other that they may solve their common problem and help others to recover from alcoholism.

The only requirement for membership is a desire to stop drinking. There are no dues or fees for A.A. membership; we are self-supporting through our own contributions. A.A. is not allied with any sect, denomination, politics, organization or institution; does not wish to engage in any controversy; neither endorses nor opposes any causes. Our primary purpose is to stay sober and help other alcoholics to achieve sobriety.

OfflineKaptKid
Spaced Pirate
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bright Side of the Sun
    #627465 - 06/13/12 06:54 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Doesn't work for me.

--------------------
Child of the 60's, Tripping ever sence.

Offlinemota
human
Male

Re: The Truth About Muammar Gaddafi [Re: KaptKid]
    #627467 - 06/13/12 07:04 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

click on the link guys sorry

--------------------
"A human being is a part of a whole, called by us _universe_, a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings as something separated from the rest... a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few persons nearest to us. Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty."

Offlinemota
human
Male

#627468 - 06/13/12 07:08 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

i fixed it

--------------------
"A human being is a part of a whole, called by us _universe_, a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings as something separated from the rest... a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few persons nearest to us. Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty."

OfflinePicklez
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #627491 - 06/13/12 09:22 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

I didnt watch the whole thing but I have heard the argument before about him wanting to switch currency

I dont think that is the reason for the UN getting involved. I think it more has to do with him ordering the slaughter of civilians and anyone who didnt agree with his viewpoints.  There was already a civil war happening when the UN got involved.

Offlinekyuzo
Stranger Than Fiction

Re: The Truth About Muammar Gaddafi [Re: Picklez]
    #627555 - 06/14/12 12:45 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Picklez said:
I didnt watch the whole thing but I have heard the argument before about him wanting to switch currency

I dont think that is the reason for the UN getting involved. I think it more has to do with him ordering the slaughter of civilians and anyone who didnt agree with his viewpoints.  There was already a civil war happening when the UN got involved.

lol, if it was about slaughtering civilians there are probably a few dozen places in africa that could have used intervention years a go. Also, the civil war seemed more of a product of UN intervention, being that the resistance was hopelessly inept, and barely accomplished their goal, despite having air and tactical support from numerous global powers 

PS russia today banks on exploiting gullible conspiracy theorists, so I'm not going to waste my time on the video.  But imagine the issue here is the same with all the grand cabal conspiracies: the world is much more chaotic than you want to give it credit for.

OfflinePicklez
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: The Truth About Muammar Gaddafi [Re: kyuzo]
    #627558 - 06/14/12 12:51 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

I mean, I understand the conspiracy theory and it is very interesting. I just dont think it was the primary reason for the UN to take action.

Here is a good read. Libya vs. Syria

http://www.standnow.org/blog/why-intervene-libya-not-syria

Offlinekyuzo
Stranger Than Fiction

#627561 - 06/14/12 01:06 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Picklez said:
I mean, I understand the conspiracy theory and it is very interesting. I just dont think it was the primary reason for the UN to take action.

Here is a good read. Libya vs. Syria

http://www.standnow.org/blog/why-intervene-libya-not-syria

the UN is a bureaucratic tool of the security council, and there is really no over arching theme to anything they do.  If Qaddafi had strong support in either russia, or china, then the intervention would have never happened.  And while the piece makes some good points, it also raises others that don't hold up well, like

"Contributing to these conversations were the voices of Libyan civilians themselves, many of whom criticized the US and international community for not taking greater action faster.  "

which pretty much describe ANY violent conflict, with a disparity of force. 

Also, the author ignores there was always strong, and clear, opposition from the African union, but such was irrelevant because no one really gives a fuck what they think.

OfflinePicklez
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: The Truth About Muammar Gaddafi [Re: kyuzo]
    #627562 - 06/14/12 01:08 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

The African Union was against intervention in Libya? Was that in the video you posted? I know they supported the move to a gold currency, because they have a ton of gold and would quickly become dominant world players, but I have never seen anything that says they opposed UN intervention

Offlinekyuzo
Stranger Than Fiction

#627563 - 06/14/12 01:18 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Picklez said:
The African Union was against intervention in Libya? Was that in the video you posted? I know they supported the move to a gold currency, because they have a ton of gold and would quickly become dominant world players, but I have never seen anything that says they opposed UN intervention

http://allafrica.com/stories/201103200012.html

Jump to top Pages: 1