Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleFarBeyondDriven
Truthfully, I'm a bullshitter
Male User Gallery

Loc: Greenbow, Alabama
Comp Questions
    #624837 - 05/27/12 11:02 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Alright, I just downloaded Firefox because I can't stand IE, and I was wondering what are some good ad-ons to use.  When I had Firefox a while back, I think I used NoScript or something like that and a couple more I can't remember, and something else that like masked my IP, but I can't remember if that was through Firefox's add-ons or not.

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleStonethM
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Male User Gallery

Loc: No where ville, USA Flag
Re: Comp Questions [Re: FarBeyondDriven]
    #624840 - 05/27/12 11:09 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

NoScript for sure.:thumbup::thumbup:
For IP masking Foxxyproxy, Tor, tor button, etc.....I know there's other to choose from.
But I'm not up to date on many of the new add ons.

--------------------
:getstoned:

InvisibleFarBeyondDriven
Male User Gallery

Re: Comp Questions [Re: Stoneth]
    #624842 - 05/27/12 11:13 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Ahhhh, that's what it was, FoxyProxy I believe.  That's not through Firefox though is it?

Are you using Firefox?  And if so, what ad-ons are you using?

--------------------

InvisibleStonethM
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Male User Gallery

#624844 - 05/27/12 11:15 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Yeah they all use to be maybe still are firefox addons.
Yes I'm using firefox with only noscript, not worried about my ip because I'm not doing anything illegal these days.:smile:

--------------------

InvisibleFarBeyondDriven
Male User Gallery

#624846 - 05/27/12 11:20 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

I gotcha

And if I remember correctly, NoScript basically just gives you the choice of whether or not to load scripts of websites instead of just loading them automatically, in which case you're more likely to get viruses, Spyware, Adware, all that shit?  And you can set certain sites to automatically load so you don't have to click load every time you go to the site, right?

Excuse all the newb questions all.  I know a little bit as far as comps go, but I'm no expert like some of you guys.  Just got a new comp and trying to set my shit up right.

--------------------

InvisibleFarBeyondDriven
Male User Gallery

#624849 - 05/27/12 11:24 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

And I've also got McAfee which came on the comp, and I had this site advisor toolbar that came on right under the Nav Bar on IE, and I'm not seeing it as being operational at all on Firefox.  I imagine that would be able to be changed in settings somewhere???????  Either in McAfee or Firefox?

--------------------

InvisibleStonethM
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Male User Gallery

#624859 - 05/28/12 12:39 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

FarBeyondDriven said:
I gotcha

And if I remember correctly, NoScript basically just gives you the choice of whether or not to load scripts of websites instead of just loading them automatically, in which case you're more likely to get viruses, Spyware, Adware, all that shit?  And you can set certain sites to automatically load so you don't have to click load every time you go to the site, right?

Excuse all the newb questions all.  I know a little bit as far as comps go, but I'm no expert like some of you guys.  Just got a new comp and trying to set my shit up right.

Yes noscript gives you control over what scripts you do or don't let run.
Quote:

FarBeyondDriven said:
And I've also got McAfee which came on the comp, and I had this site advisor toolbar that came on right under the Nav Bar on IE, and I'm not seeing it as being operational at all on Firefox.  I imagine that would be able to be changed in settings somewhere???????  Either in McAfee or Firefox?

Don't know shit about MeAfee, sorry dude.

--------------------

InvisibleFarBeyondDriven
Male User Gallery

#624979 - 05/29/12 12:09 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

I gotcha, well thanks for the help you did have Stoneth.  Anybody else up here got any pointers?  I'd appreciate it very much.

--------------------

InvisibleP-O

#624984 - 05/29/12 12:29 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

does google chrome have add ons like IP bans and shit?

InvisibleFarBeyondDriven
Male User Gallery

Re: Comp Questions [Re: P-O]
    #624987 - 05/29/12 12:37 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

I have no idea, don't use Chrome.  You have a clue as to why I can't play videos on Growery since I started using Firefox?  I could play them on IE without installing a plug-in, but I have to install a plug-in on Firefox to play them.  I think it's like Adobe 11.2 or something, but I already have Adobe Reader X installed on my comp and I had no problem playing videos on IE.  Just click and play.  Or could it have something to do with NoScript?

Stoneth, did you ever have any issues like this when you started using NoScript?

--------------------

OfflineRasJeph
Psycho Pete
Male

Loc: Bumfuckt Egypt
    #625001 - 05/29/12 05:46 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Mmmm, it might just be the firefox version of the plugin. Noscript shouldn't fucks with that unless you have it setup to.

Is it just here or on youtube and shit too?

--------------------
Of course it's happening inside your head.
Why should that mean it isn't real?

InvisibleStonethM
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Male User Gallery

Re: Comp Questions [Re: RasJeph]
    #625045 - 05/29/12 12:53 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

PositiveOutlook said:

Yes! They have tons of addons available.
Quote:

FarBeyondDriven said:
I have no idea, don't use Chrome.  You have a clue as to why I can't play videos on Growery since I started using Firefox?  I could play them on IE without installing a plug-in, but I have to install a plug-in on Firefox to play them.  I think it's like Adobe 11.2 or something, but I already have Adobe Reader X installed on my comp and I had no problem playing videos on IE.  Just click and play.  Or could it have something to do with NoScript?

Stoneth, did you ever have any issues like this when you started using NoScript?

You may have to allow youtube.com, or allow Growery.org one of those should fix the problem.

--------------------

OfflineKing Koopa
Natty
 User Gallery

#625137 - 05/29/12 09:12 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

There is no problem, he just doesn't know how to RTFM.

--------------------
Alcoholics Anonymous is a fellowship of men and women who share their experience, strength and hope with each other that they may solve their common problem and help others to recover from alcoholism.

The only requirement for membership is a desire to stop drinking. There are no dues or fees for A.A. membership; we are self-supporting through our own contributions. A.A. is not allied with any sect, denomination, politics, organization or institution; does not wish to engage in any controversy; neither endorses nor opposes any causes. Our primary purpose is to stay sober and help other alcoholics to achieve sobriety.

InvisibleFarBeyondDriven
Male User Gallery

Re: Comp Questions [Re: King Koopa]
    #625439 - 06/01/12 12:33 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Stoneth said:
Quote:

PositiveOutlook said:

Yes! They have tons of addons available.
Quote:

FarBeyondDriven said:

You may have to allow youtube.com, or allow Growery.org one of those should fix the problem.

That was the first thing I tried :lol:  Should've made it clear it was after that, kinda just said my issue under the assumption ya'll knew I'd done that already.  My problem was after I allowed and all that.  I just went ahead and installed the plug-in and will keep workin on it, then just uninstall it when I figure it out.  Haven't really been online in the last few days anyway to mess with it.

Quote:

King Koopa said:
There is no problem, he just doesn't know how to RTFM.

At the risk of being even more butthurt over your vicious comments that you continuously send my way, the fuck does RTFM mean?  Somethin tells me (not sure what the something is) that it's Read The Fucking Manual, but I don't know.  In the event that that's what it means, the reason I made the post to ask Koopa, is because I was wondering if anyone could help me real quick so I wouldn't have to go read a bunch of shit.  In the event that it's not what it means, then, again I say, the fuck does it mean?

--------------------

OfflineKing Koopa
Natty
 User Gallery

#625481 - 06/01/12 09:21 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

:lol:

Yes, it means read the fucking manual. All the information you needed is readily online and it takes just 15 minutes to get a basic overview of your computer related problem.

Antyways, I just did a quick google search and found out that flash is integrated in IE 10, so that's  the reason you didn't have to download a 3rd party software, aka plugin, to view flash content on your browser. Not a feature that comes with FF, but it does with Chrome.

Now, I was being a dick because you gave me way more shit for being black back in the day. It's only right I give you shit because believed Adobe Reader was the same as Adobe Flash. :dudewtf: WTF were you thinking; just fucking RTFM and learn some things during while finding the answer to your problem. That's way more practical than asking on a forum that specializes in helping people grow marijuana.

TL;DR: Google has been the gateway to all the information I gave to you today. Quit being a lazy POS, and learn something other than the laws of gambling.

--------------------
Alcoholics Anonymous is a fellowship of men and women who share their experience, strength and hope with each other that they may solve their common problem and help others to recover from alcoholism.

The only requirement for membership is a desire to stop drinking. There are no dues or fees for A.A. membership; we are self-supporting through our own contributions. A.A. is not allied with any sect, denomination, politics, organization or institution; does not wish to engage in any controversy; neither endorses nor opposes any causes. Our primary purpose is to stay sober and help other alcoholics to achieve sobriety.

OfflineKing Koopa
Natty
 User Gallery

#625482 - 06/01/12 09:24 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Oh, and I hope everything works out!

--------------------

InvisibleMr.Hybrid
Constitutionalist
 User Gallery

Loc: Astana, Kazakhstan
    #625505 - 06/01/12 11:29 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

I just read a little of this and saw
Quote:

Stoneth said:
NoScript for sure.:thumbup::thumbup:
For IP masking Foxxyproxy, Tor, tor button, etc.....I know there's other to choose from.
But I'm not up to date on many of the new add ons.

Dont rely on tor by itself for anonymity
Use a paid vpn that dont keep logs ...
i use cyberghost
you can get free premium traffic along with free trafic on a trial...Once all traffic used

uninstall, restart comp, re-install, use  again 

Vpn + i2p + Tor  = FTW

http://board.cyberghostvpn.com/cyberghost-vpn-english-boards/general-discussions/3422-does-cyberghost-keeps-logs/

For download http://cyberghostvpn.com/

I know it works ...... I've hit numerous sites with my Team an I'm still here in the interwebs .here is a few http://www.growery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/617822/fpart/3... 

--------------------

I am the person that stands in front of you in line ,
The person that you walk by and don't notice
I am the person who cares about you and your rights
I AM ANONYMOUS

Edited by Mr.Hybrid (06/01/12 11:37 AM)

InvisibleFarBeyondDriven
Male User Gallery

#625593 - 06/02/12 12:06 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

King Koopa said:
:lol:

Yes, it means read the fucking manual. All the information you needed is readily online and it takes just 15 minutes to get a basic overview of your computer related problem.

Anyways, I just did a quick google search and found out that flash is integrated in IE 10, so that's  the reason you didn't have to download a 3rd party software, aka plugin, to view flash content on your browser. Not a feature that comes with FF, but it does with Chrome.

Now, I was being a dick because you gave me way more shit for being black back in the day. It's only right I give you shit because believed Adobe Reader was the same as Adobe Flash. :dudewtf: WTF were you thinking; just fucking RTFM and learn some things during while finding the answer to your problem. That's way more practical than asking on a forum that specializes in helping people grow marijuana.

TL;DR: Google has been the gateway to all the information I gave to you today. Quit being a lazy POS, and learn something other than the laws of gambling.

I gave you shit for being black?  Hmm, I don't really remember that to be honest, but if you say I did, then maybe I did, I don't fuckin know.  I probably gave you shit because you're a dick most of the time, and that has nothing to do with being black.  And another thing, I didn't spend too much time at all learning about the laws of gambling, I spent that time learning mathematical equations and as much as I could about psychology and poker/game theory, just to clarify and all.

Again, what I was trying to do was get some QUICK help from some of the people on this website (a website that specializes in helping people grow marijuana, as you said) because some of the people on this website that specializes in helping people grow marijuana are quite competent when it comes to dem cumpewter box thangs because I really didn't feel like reading through a bunch of stuff at the time (we've all been there at one time or another I'm sure).  You might think that's because I'm a lazy POS, but I can guarantee you that I most certainly am not.  In "real life", I'm anything but lazy.  I actually have a lot on my plate at the moment, more than I feel like explaining to be honest.  A lot more than I feel like explaining for that matter.  So when I am online, usually late at night, that IS my lazy time when I am really just chillin, smokin herb, not doin a fuckin thing. 

So obviously, your "real life" perception of me through a website that specializes in helping people grow marijuana, isn't really that accurate to say the least.  What it basically comes down to is that you just feel like being a dick for whatever reason, I guess because I offended you a year or two or even three years ago when I was basically just bored, killin time, talkin shit on a website that specializes in helping people grow marijuana.  I'm actually surprised you still remember that, it shows signs of anger/hurt actually.  You don't seem like the type to let that stick with you.  I guess my "real life" perception of you was wrong too.  How bout dat?  I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings Koopa.  :hug:

--------------------

Edited by FarBeyondDriven (06/02/12 12:15 AM)

OfflineKing Koopa
Natty
 User Gallery

#625633 - 06/02/12 06:39 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

I grazed through that, and I have to tell you I don't give a shit. Positive no one else does either.
All the bullshit and no thank you. Instead I get called a dick.

That's why people tell others to RTFM.

--------------------

InvisibleMr.Hybrid
Constitutionalist
 User Gallery

Loc: Astana, Kazakhstan
    #628770 - 06/21/12 03:19 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

He uses windows ... lulz

Firefox has problem with windows :lolsy:

--------------------

I am the person that stands in front of you in line ,
The person that you walk by and don't notice
I am the person who cares about you and your rights
I AM ANONYMOUS

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds