Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleShr0000ooooms
Cannabis Sampler

Loc: Hindu Kush Mountains
RCMP seize 5.7 tons hash, 2,900 liters of GBL
    #614900 - 03/27/12 12:39 PM (12 years, 3 days ago)

Nearly $120M in drugs, including hash, seized in 2 busts: RCMP
February 13, 2012 - citytv.com

Nearly $120 million worth of hashish and a chemical used to make the so-called date rape drug were seized at Pearson International Airport in two separate busts, the RCMP says.

RCMP Commissioner Bob Paulson outlined the massive seizures at a news conference on Monday.

The first bust happened after an RCMP liaison officer in Central Asia tipped colleagues off to a large shipment of hash headed to Canada last summer. The 5.7 tons of the drug was hidden in more than 500 hollowed-out wooden boards, each containing 10 kilograms of hash, Paulson said.

The illegal shipment, which originated in Afghanistan and had an estimated street value of $69 million, was seized at Pearson after it had travelled through several countries, including Russia, Lithuania, Latvia, Kazakhstan and Germany.

Five men were charged in Canada and another was charged overseas, although police didn’t say where.

In a separate bust that happened at Pearson on Jan. 25, officers with the Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) seized 2,900 litres of gamma-Butyrolactone (GBL).

“This seizure is enough precursor to produce approximately 4.8 million doses of the date rape drug with an estimated value of $48 million,” Paulson said.

The chemical arrived in Toronto on a flight from China in boxes containing 25-litre drums labelled as kitchen grease remover.

Last weekend, three GTA men were arrested in connection to that bust.

Paulson described these arrests and drug seizures as prime examples of “core policing.”

“Gathering evidence, putting dope in the locker, catching crooks, and putting them before the courts — that’s the RCMP Canadians take pride in and that’s the RCMP Canadians expect,” he said.

Paulson also stressed the importance of the federal force’s partnerships with international agencies.

“We recognize that our country is increasingly interconnected  with the rest of the world and that we must look beyond our borders to where the threats originate,” he said.

News of these busts came after the RCMP and CBSA announced they’d seized 20 kilograms of cocaine hidden in hollowed-out fruit in a shipment that arrived at Pearson from Guyana earlier this month. Four people from the GTA were charged.

The investigation into drug smuggling using fruit started when the RCMP seized a marine container in Saint John, N.B., in August with 19 kilograms of cocaine found in hollowed-out pineapples. Months later, authorities also seized 115 kilograms of marijuana at the Windsor-Detroit border that was hidden in a shipment of watermelon on two trucks.

Police said those cases had ties to Jamaica, Costa Rica and the United States

--------------------
If I'm posting I'm high.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleunknown
Mr.
Re: RCMP seize 5.7 tons hash, 2,900 liters of GBL [Re: Shr0000ooooms]
    #618750 - 04/17/12 01:38 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

That's enough hash to last a couple decades... :grin:

--------------------

InvisibleShr0000ooooms
Cannabis Sampler

Loc: Hindu Kush Mountains
Re: RCMP seize 5.7 tons hash, 2,900 liters of GBL [Re: unknown]
    #620606 - 04/28/12 02:10 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

If I had that much I'd never need to buy weed again and could supply my friends :datass:

Imagine selling it and getting 11.4 tons of weed :eek:  (hash goes 40g here, so I just assume id double the weight..)

--------------------
If I'm posting I'm high.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds