Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlineshanker
Stranger
Anyone Use Cannabis for Neuropathic Pain?
    #610572 - 02/25/12 01:18 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Dear Growerites,

Does anyone here use cannabis for neuropathic pain? If so then how much relief do you get?

My mother has battled cancer and other maladies and she is suffering from severe and chronic pain. The neuropathic pain can be so bad that she screams and writhes in pain and I feel bad that there is nothing I can do but watch her suffer. It is also preventing her from getting a good night's sleep. It does not help when she is unable to take any opiate based pain killers.

Anyway, the other night I told her about cannabis and pain relief and I mentioned that it might be able to help her. She is suffering a lot and she seems open to the idea.

If anyone could provide some personal experience or contribute anything then it would be very much appreciated.

Cheers!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Re: Anyone Use Cannabis for Neuropathic Pain? [Re: shanker]
    #610577 - 02/25/12 04:37 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Klonopin helps quite a bit with that.  My friend has a lot of nerve pain in his leg from a broken back, and pot doesn't really do anything for him.  But Klonopin does.

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

Invisiblebabz89
Pupil
Female

Loc: PNW Flag
Re: Anyone Use Cannabis for Neuropathic Pain? [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #654329 - 01/08/13 12:50 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

hawksapprentice said:
Klonopin helps quite a bit with that.  A benzodiazepine is a very poor choice for nerve pain as it is a sedative and hypnotic that isn't even meant for pain. It meerly relaxes the muscels and "dopes" your brain into "feeling" minimal pain.  Unless said pain is purely psychological you will find that relief becomes harder to attain with this drug My friend has a lot of nerve pain in his leg from a broken back, and pot doesn't really do anything for him[b/] has your friend exploited all methods of use for cannabis including "hope" or simpson oil before saying it "doesn't work? In my experience with neuropathic (exclusive nerve pain) NSAIDS (non steroidal anti inflammatory drugs) like aspirin, ibuprofen, naproxin, alieve etc coupled with very Strong concentrates of cannabis can be quite effective
.  But Klonopin does. EVERY ONE IS DIFFERENT AT THE END OF THE DAY. OP, Take suggestions and find what works best for you.

InvisibleP-O

Re: Anyone Use Cannabis for Neuropathic Pain? [Re: babz89]
    #659573 - 02/19/13 09:20 AM (11 years, 1 month ago)

i agree...

last thing u want is to get addicted to benzos

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules