Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinebm90191
New To Growery
 User Gallery

Just a Thought on Hanging Mylar
    #609626 - 02/17/12 05:13 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

So as many of you know hanging mylar can be a bitch, especially by yourself!  Instead of recruiting help (which obviously results in others knowing about your project) I figured a super easy cheap way to do it yourself and make it look nice and neat, I have serious OCD and the last thing I want is a messy looking setup! 

I'll post some pictures later but honestly this is super easy and will be super effective.

1. First you must take the dimensions of your grow room.

2. Next, purchase some poster boards.  Not the thick cardboard kind, the thin one you probably used a million times in high school for projects and what not. 

3. Simply cut and arrange the necessary pieces of poster board to fit nicely onto the walls of your grow space.

4. Using some two sided tape/glue/whatever adhesive you have laying around, coat the inside of the poster board nicely.

5. Place the mylar over the poster board and smooth out.

6. Next take a razor blade and cut around the edges.

7. If you can, leave a little excess to wrap around the edges and tape with duct tape on the back side.

8. FInally when your posters are all coated with mylar, take them to your grow room and use a staple gun to secure them to the walls/2x4's/whatever your grow room is constructed out of.

Pretty simple and straight forward to do and you will have nice smooth looking sheets of reflective mylar on the walls of your grow room making it look nice and smooth also increasing the reflectivity. 

Oh and it also helps a ton with that annoying noise the mylar can make when your oscillating fans blow air at them, I know it annoys the shit out of me.

Anyways let me know what you guys think of this!  And post some pics if you try it yourself!

I should mention this is definitely great for closet growers thats where I got the idea from because getting inside there to work is a bitch as it is and there was no other way to neatly hang the mylar.

Edited by bm90191 (02/17/12 05:34 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Just a Thought on Hanging Mylar [Re: bm90191]
    #609631 - 02/17/12 05:42 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Same process would be awesome for poly/vinyl as well.  Good info man!  Thanks for sharing.

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

Offlinebm90191
New To Growery
 User Gallery

Re: Just a Thought on Hanging Mylar [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #609633 - 02/17/12 05:43 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

I also thought if you had a larger grow room you could hang them freely from the ceiling to optimize reflectivity if you had like 2 feet or more of space from the wall for moving around a couple suspended boards of mylar might help keep the light concentrated towards the plants

OfflineMiscusi
Grade 10
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Sunnyvale Trailer Park, C... Flag
Re: Just a Thought on Hanging Mylar [Re: bm90191]
    #609662 - 02/17/12 11:02 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

I learned one thing working with emergency blankets.. (cheap mylar sub)

Dont let one of the edges go in between a plug and socket thats plugged in.. lol it arc and pop the piss out of me. No joke, it made me trickle piss down my leg, the jolt was nice. Was enought to pop a 20 amp breaker >.<  Luckily i was pretty much grounded so i didnt get any amps just a nice jolt and the breaker popped.

Not trying to hijack this.
Just thought id share the day mylar and this hobby made me piss my pants lol.

--------------------

"You cant arrest me, im high I cant understand my rights!"

Nanook said:
" People learn differently. Some can observe and gather what they need, others need to do it and experience all the options. One of those options being: burning down a mini fridge. "

Anything posted by me related to cultivation or illegal activities is purely fictional. It is intended for educational or entertainment purposes only.

Please help support the fight for Medical Marijuana in Florida

Offlinebm90191
New To Growery
 User Gallery

Re: Just a Thought on Hanging Mylar [Re: Miscusi]
    #609685 - 02/18/12 07:54 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

lol damn dude that could have been pretty at least your alright ...i guess thats another benefit from using this poster board method you could cut out nice big socket holes and tape around the insides so you wouldn't have to worry about any pieces getting caught in the socket which now we all know can give you a nice big jolt! haha

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom