Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinebm90191
New To Growery
 User Gallery

not trying to be a dick or anything but does noone use this site anymore?
    #609512 - 02/15/12 10:02 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

i'm trying to diagnose this mold on my soil before it gets to out of control and I used to use the shroomery all the time and people were ontop of that shit ...can anyone please respond and let me know whats good with this right now?  heres the quote from my original post since noone seems to view that shit

"I have heard from many experienced growers (not on this site real life medicinal growers) that the greenish film is common and not bad (especially among people using Root Organic soil).  But I noticed a little bit of white fluffy shit coming through as well.  Can someone tell me how bad (if at all) this is?  What can be done?  I read about using h202 diluted in water on the top layer of the soil but I want to get first hand advice from someone who has dealt with this!  Please let me know the pic is high res too so you can zoom in ultra close to really see whats going on.."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Loc: Nepal Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: not trying to be a dick or anything but does noone use this site anymore? [Re: bm90191]
    #609517 - 02/15/12 10:40 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Well if you did even the slightest amount of reading in this forum you would see that I actually made a comment on soil surface green mold not more than 2 days ago. This also applies to the white mold.

http://www.growery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/601233

--------------------

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: not trying to be a dick or anything but does noone use this site anymore? *DELETED* [Re: Harry_Ba11sach]
    #609519 - 02/15/12 10:43 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Post deleted by Harry_Ba11sach

Reason for deletion: Double post, thanks internet.

--------------------

Offlinebm90191
New To Growery
 User Gallery

Re: not trying to be a dick or anything but does noone use this site anymore? [Re: Harry_Ba11sach]
    #609520 - 02/15/12 11:17 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

um actually smartass i did, i even commented on that thread about using roots organics and we came to a conclusion that the green colored shit was normal and harmless but like i said some more WHITE FLUFFY STUFF is coming in and noone mentioned that in your thread so why don't you read your own thread a little better before trying to talk shit over here...god damn everyone on this site is a bunch of fucking haters like sorry i'm just trying to get some good opinions and a remedy for whats going on with something i've invested a lot of money into and i'd like to know what to do immediately before it gets beyond being able to be controlled

Offlinephrostbyte
Hydro Grower

Re: not trying to be a dick or anything but does noone use this site anymore? [Re: bm90191]
    #609521 - 02/15/12 11:22 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

:matrixfight:  :matrixfight:  :matrixfight:  :matrixfight:

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #609523 - 02/15/12 11:53 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

bm90191 said:
um actually smartass i did, i even commented on that thread about using roots organics and we came to a conclusion that the green colored shit was normal and harmless but like i said some more WHITE FLUFFY STUFF is coming in and noone mentioned that in your thread so why don't you read your own thread a little better before trying to talk shit over here...god damn everyone on this site is a bunch of fucking haters like sorry i'm just trying to get some good opinions and a remedy for whats going on with something i've invested a lot of money into and i'd like to know what to do immediately before it gets beyond being able to be controlled

Good lord, it was hard to find enough towels to wipe all your tears off my screen.

I guess I'll broaden my answer even more for you then;  If you knew even the slightest bit about soil you would know that it's up to 60% microfauna by WEIGHT. Up to 60% of soil is bacteria, viruses, fungi and nematoda, so 99.9999999% of the time when you see a mold on your soil, it's a good thing.  In fact, without molds, fungi and bacteria in soil, there would be no life on earth.  The white mold will not hurt your plants, but having soil so consistently wet with high atmospheric relative humidity CAN.  So alter your growing environment accordingly and it'll go away on it's own.

I understand you have a lot invested so far, but seriously, do a little research. This is an incredibly common question.

--------------------

Offlinebm90191
New To Growery
 User Gallery

Re: not trying to be a dick or anything but does noone use this site anymore? [Re: Harry_Ba11sach]
    #609524 - 02/16/12 12:08 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Ok well i appreciate your response thats all i was looking for man not trying to be hostile or fight with anyone on here, I'm not an expert at all hence why i was looking for advice.  And trust me I know how bad overwatering can be at this stage in the game I think in the 12 days since my germ'd seeds were planted i watered them maybe 3-4 times?  Temp and RH stays fairly consistent lows 72F 30-40%Rh and the highs are 76F 50-60%Rh which from my reserach seem to be optimum temps but also other growers i've spoke with preach that you want humidity as high as possible for veg upwards of 80%...idk if I agree or disagree but they always have good results.  Research tells otherwise though thats the thing is there is so much discrepancy with all this stuff its hard to really understand unless you just see it yourself.
:thumbup:

Offlinebudnectar
Planetary Citizen
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Mars
    #609526 - 02/16/12 01:53 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

I just learned about the importance of humidity in veg. My medium is mostly perlite with a little soil so moisture retention is less even under small CFLs for vegging. I think low humidity contributed to a potassium deficiency experienced early on because it caused my plants to make more effort into water transportation/respiration. I think this led to an accelerated fluctuation in ph in addition to rapid seedling plant growth. Since then, I have implemented a passive humidifying system whereby I have multiple uncapped jugs of bacteriostatic water near the warmth of the lights thus invoking a pseudo-natural balance of humidity. Just thought I'd share :grin:

:themoreyouknow:

InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: not trying to be a dick or anything but does noone use this site anymore? [Re: budnectar]
    #609650 - 02/17/12 07:36 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

3-4 watering in 2 weeks for seedling is WAY too much.

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

OfflineMiscusi
Grade 10
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Sunnyvale Trailer Park, C... Flag
Re: not trying to be a dick or anything but does noone use this site anymore? [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #609651 - 02/17/12 07:41 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

hawksapprentice said:
3-4 watering in 2 weeks for seedling is WAY too much.

--------------------

"You cant arrest me, im high I cant understand my rights!"

Nanook said:
" People learn differently. Some can observe and gather what they need, others need to do it and experience all the options. One of those options being: burning down a mini fridge. "

Anything posted by me related to cultivation or illegal activities is purely fictional. It is intended for educational or entertainment purposes only.

Please help support the fight for Medical Marijuana in Florida

Offlinebm90191
New To Growery
 User Gallery

Re: not trying to be a dick or anything but does noone use this site anymore? [Re: Miscusi]
    #609657 - 02/17/12 08:41 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

3-4 times where i gave them water, i didn't saturate the soil I used a spray bottle to moiston the tap layer of soil when it started looking crispy just to give them a little drink and I think they're looking super healthy now

InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #609719 - 02/18/12 02:36 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Looking good.  But then you should clarify, watering and misting are two totally different things.

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck