Home | Community | Message Board

Royal Queen Seeds Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineDG6
Stranger

Opinions on the Roots Organic line up?
    #601233 - 12/13/11 12:09 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Hey all,  been lurking here for a while under various names gaining knowledge before i got started, thank you everyone.

I'm just wondering if anyone on here uses or has used the Roots Organic liquid nutrient line up?  Comments?  Other questions?  Concerns? 

I used the full Roots line following their feeding charts the last 2 times i flowered out and mediocre results and slightly burnt plants.  I thought this may be a issue with genetics as well cause i was using bagseed.

Got real seeds, made moms, got clones in 2 gallon smart pots ready to flip to 12/12.  Contemplating trying GO CaMg+, GO Biothrive Bloom, Budswel, and Bloombastic for flowering this time around.  Any comments here? 

Should I stick with roots and use the budswel on my veggies or should I go with my new mix?

As a company Aurora seems real straight forward, but their products are a little more expensive than the GO line.  Wondering if it's worth it in the long run.

I have used the roots soils as well but find them too "hot" for my liking.  Definately more for outdoor hidden crops and stuff.  We'll see what their new indoor mix is all about though. 

I'm currently using 1 bag Vermicrop Organics Vermisoil cut with 1 bag of their Coconot and got some Suneshine #4 for my next round. 

I digress...

Thanks errbody.  Grow big.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineeyeprintshirts
Stranger
Re: Opinions on the Roots Organic line up? [Re: DG6]
    #601364 - 12/14/11 12:40 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Hey, I'm a lurker too, great site, I have a big family that keeps me busy.

I have been using the complete 7 part Roots Organic for 2 years now with above par results on most strains. I don't grow bagseeds though, I grow hybrids. In my experience, I have noticed it will burn plants that like to stretch - White Widow, Green Crack, and Grape Kush if fed more than twice a week. Indica heavy strains love Roots Organic and want it every other day, like Shishkaberry, Jack Herer, and Blueberry, Sweet Tooth, Pineapple Kush.

I grow legally under state law for patients who want organic meds so it works for me although it is pricier than conventional non-organic plant food.I am blooming Romulan, Blueberry X Diesel, Star Trek, and Pine Tar Kush presently and they are doing great!

I suggest sticking to Roots Organic if you want organic bud. BUT if you don't mind chemical fertilizers there are cheaper formulas that will do the trick! :laugh:

OfflineDG6
Stranger

Re: Opinions on the Roots Organic line up? [Re: eyeprintshirts]
    #601394 - 12/14/11 09:46 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Hey eyeprintshirts, thanks for getting back to me so quickly.  I appreciate the good words.  Do you follow the feeding schedule exactly or did you start out weak and work your way up?

No doubt in my mind I want to keep it organic as long as I grow in soil. 

Anyone else out there using the Roots line?

OfflineDG6
Stranger

#602107 - 12/19/11 09:08 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

bump

Offlineeyeprintshirts
Stranger
    #602312 - 12/20/11 11:25 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Hey, DG, I do follow ROOTS ORGANICS FEEDING SCHEDULE
with the exception being I use 1 formula for veg, the veg3 formula for largest veg plants. I feed young clones a couple tablespoons weekly gradually up to every other day. It's really hard to get nute burn from RO since it is organic,I guess, I know it has helped keep me and my patients happy so far.
:jah:

Offlinebm90191
New To Growery
 User Gallery

Re: Opinions on the Roots Organic line up? [Re: eyeprintshirts]
    #609278 - 02/13/12 11:55 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

has anyone using the roots organic soil noticed a green film forming on the top layer of soil?  I have talked to many people I know using it and they say this is a common thing and seems to grow symbiotically with the plant.  Anyone have an input on this and/or experience with something similiar?

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Loc: Nepal Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Opinions on the Roots Organic line up? [Re: bm90191]
    #609283 - 02/13/12 12:14 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

I've never used the Roots Organics line, but I can tell you from experience that pretty much ALL soil will grow the green Trichoderma on top. Even in my passive hydro systems with non-organic nutrients it happens. It's a good thing :thumbup:

--------------------

Offlinebm90191
New To Growery
 User Gallery

Re: Opinions on the Roots Organic line up? [Re: Harry_Ba11sach]
    #609294 - 02/13/12 02:20 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Harry_Ba11sach said:
I've never used the Roots Organics line, but I can tell you from experience that pretty much ALL soil will grow the green Trichoderma on top. Even in my passive hydro systems with non-organic nutrients it happens. It's a good thing :thumbup:

good shit man yeah it looks like this if you zoom in you can see it really clearly

InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Opinions on the Roots Organic line up? [Re: bm90191]
    #609400 - 02/14/12 02:24 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Keep a close eye on pH with Roots, that nute line likes to drop the pH like a mother fucker.

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies