Home | Community | Message Board

Royal Queen Seeds Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinebudnectar
Planetary Citizen
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Mars
MAPS Rick Doblin
    #607752 - 02/01/12 12:13 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleFurrowedBrowM
Free yourself from yourself
Male User Gallery

Loc: Carpal Tunnel
Re: MAPS Rick Doblin [Re: budnectar]
    #607805 - 02/01/12 12:48 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

oh sweet!  Hadn't seen this.  Rick's a good guy.  thanks for sharing this.

--------------------

Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies - Become a member!
The Growery's Herb Museum (post #24)
I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery.
~ Thomas Jefferson ~

InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Re: MAPS Rick Doblin [Re: FurrowedBrow]
    #607816 - 02/01/12 02:36 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Yeah, that was a good watch.  Reinforced a lot of my own experiences with hallucinogens.

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

Offlinebudnectar
Planetary Citizen

Re: MAPS Rick Doblin [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #607826 - 02/01/12 03:08 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

When he said the only drawback to psychs regaining traction was the recreational use I kinda went  :pokerawe:

But then I thought about it and I think I can draw a distinction between say, me chillin with or without a group of friends on the porch or in the woods trippin on some shrooms and uh my older bro shootin up methylone and orgy hopping everyday.

But I'm still young and my experience limited. An event that sticks out in my mind was this one time I took a bunch of shroom chocolates, smoked some good and saw The Flaming Lips do the midnight show at Bonnaroo where they covered Dark Side of Moon. This experience proved to be too much at the time. Especially since my friends left me at the front of the stage, trippin nuts. Some chick smoked me out and it was cool, I even made eye contact with Steve Drozd :heart: lol. But eventually I had to retreat to the cinema tent which was close enough so I still heard the concert but I was able to sit, cool off and nod out of reality for a while without worrying about anything. Another cool happening was that I left my backpack at the stage front and it was gone for almost a day and then reappeared at the campsite :cool:

So, in an instance like this, I think I'd greatly appreciate something like the readily available psycho-therapy experiment they did in Portugal.

InvisibleFurrowedBrowM
Male User Gallery

#607829 - 02/01/12 03:24 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Ha!  The first time i ever did acid I was at that show.  well not that one, but at red rocks when the flips played Dsotm after Primus.  Do you mean Boom festival, by psycho-therapy experiment?  i must have missed that part.  I think the line is really really blurry between recreational and therapeutic psychedelic use.  I've had some tremendously powerful experiences by myself, when i had initially intended for it to be a recreational experience.  A lot of that was naivety but it was still a mix of both at times.  Now, i didn't have a trained or licensed therapist sitting with me or even a guide or babysitter, but I still learned some things and was able to ultimately let go of some ridiculous issues in my life.  and taking psychedelics in a small intimate group of friends, sitting around just listening to music in the background and talking, can be an incredibly therapeutic endeavor.  The connections and relationships can be made sooo much stronger through these quite nights/days just chatting.  So, who is to say that is a recreational or therapeutic experience?  it's both.  However, that's not really how most people use these drugs.  I think rick's talking about the people who aren't prepared and freak out and the people who aren't prepared for dealing with those experiences.  that's why he's talking about framing tripping education as a harm reduction stragey.  Saying, "Want to know how to help your friend if he is having a bad psychedelic experience?"  Rather than just saying, "this is how to trip safely."  It's the same techniques that the government's been using for a long long time.  I've thought for the longest time that psychedelics would regain legitimacy in the clinical realm through the research that's being done.  I think i believe it now more than ever.  It's exciting.  I think anyone that uses psychedelics should take a few steps back and approach them with a kind of sacred, respectful reverence.  The depth of knowledge that they have to impart is boundless.  They should be treated as such.  They really are a key to global spirituality and a reduction in the religious violence around the world.

--------------------

~ Thomas Jefferson ~

OfflineSpenner
The Spenner
Male

Loc: Canada Flag
    #607834 - 02/01/12 03:37 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

A good listen, thanks for the link :sun: doing homework to this~

--------------------
~

Offlinewrestler_az
Male

Loc: behind you
    #607837 - 02/01/12 03:47 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

an hour well spent!

Offlinebudnectar
Planetary Citizen

Re: MAPS Rick Doblin [Re: FurrowedBrow]
    #607847 - 02/01/12 05:15 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

FurrowedBrow said:
Do you mean Boom festival, by psycho-therapy experiment?  i must have missed that part.

I didn't mean the Boom festival as much as I was referring to that festival's "chill-out tent," and the thin-layer chromatography tent. Also, referring to MAPS implementation of emergency psych treatment onsite at festivals like Boom and Burning Man. Sorry, I didn't have time to elaborate earlier.

Quote:

FurrowedBrow said:
I've had some tremendously powerful experiences by myself, when i had initially intended for it to be a recreational experience.  A lot of that was naivety but it was still a mix of both at times.

This is kinda what I was getting at too.

And I completely agree that psychs will make a comeback into our culture, most probably through clinical research. I think I'd like to work for MAPS, essentially to help people like amateur psychonauts who would otherwise just wing it.

InvisibleFurrowedBrowM
Male User Gallery

#607868 - 02/01/12 08:04 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

I know that MAPS didn't have a space like that at this last burning man in 2011.  sadly.  But you can certainly help MAPS by acting as a facilitator to psychedelicly naive people.  Sharing psychedelics is one of my great joys in life.  I've met a LOT of great people through my experiences tripping and sharing the experience with them.  Sounds like you've probably done the same, as im sure most of us, here, have.  I'll tell ya, once you have a true psychedelic experience it's hard not to get involved, at least to the degree that you talk about it with your friends and share your expereinces with them.  It's great because even difficult experiences can lead to tremendous personal breakthroughs, ending up in good, but difficult experiences. 

I'm planning on going to boom this year as well.  I just need the plane ticket money, which i will work to achieve over the next few months.  So, if you, or anyone else reading this, is going, then hit me up.  i'll get off the soapbox now.  :lol:

--------------------

~ Thomas Jefferson ~

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order