Home | Community | Message Board

Royal Queen Seeds Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleMr.Hybrid
Constitutionalist
 User Gallery

Loc: Astana, Kazakhstan
Ever Heard Of the Bohemian Grove?
    #604623 - 01/09/12 09:40 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Bohemian Grove is a 2,700-acre (1,100 ha) campground located at 20601 Bohemian Avenue, in Monte Rio, California, belonging to a private San Francisco-based men's art club known as the Bohemian Club. In mid-July each year, Bohemian Grove hosts a two-week, three-weekend encampment of some of the most powerful men in the world.

History
In the 1870s, Henry "Harry" Edwards was an actor with the California Theatre Stock Company, a founding Bohemian and the head entomologist at the California Academy of Sciences.

The tradition of a summer encampment was established six years after the Bohemian Club was formed in 1872. Henry "Harry" Edwards, a stage actor and founding member, announced that he was relocating to New York City to further his career. On June 29, 1878, somewhat fewer than 100 Bohemians gathered in the Redwoods in Marin County near Taylorville (present-day Samuel P. Taylor State Park) for an evening sendoff party in Edwards' honor.

Freely flowing liquor and some Japanese lanterns put a glow on the festivities, and club members retired at a late hour to the modest comfort of blankets laid on the dense mat of Redwood needles. This festive gathering was repeated the next year without Edwards, and became the club's yearly encampment. By 1882 the members of the Club camped together at various locations in both Marin and Sonoma County, including the present-day Muir Woods and a redwood grove that once stood near Duncans Mills, several miles down the Russian River from the current location.

From 1893 Bohemians rented the current location, and in 1899 purchased it from Melvin Cyrus Meeker who had developed a successful logging operation in the area.Gradually over the next decades, members of the Club purchased land surrounding the original location to the perimeter of the basin in which it resides.

Writer and journalist William Henry Irwin said of the Grove,

You come upon it suddenly. One step and its glory is over you. There is no perspective; you cannot get far enough away from one of the trees to see it as a whole. There they stand, a world of height above you, their pinnacles hidden by their topmost fringes of branches or lost in the sky.

Not long after the Club's establishment by newspaper journalists, it was commandeered by prominent San Francisco-based businessmen, who provided the financial resources necessary to acquire further land and facilities at the Grove. However, they still retained the "bohemians"—the artists and musicians—who continued to entertain international members and guests.

MEMBERSHIP AND OPERATION
The Bohemian Club is a private club; only active members of the Club (known as "Bohos" or "Grovers") and their guests may visit the Grove. These guests have been known to include politicians and notable figures from countries outside the U.S. Particularly during the midsummer encampment, the number of guests is strictly limited due to the small size of the facilities. Nevertheless, up to 2,900 members and guests have been reported as attending some of the annual encampments.[citation needed]

The membership list has included every Republican and some Democratic U.S. presidents since 1923, many cabinet officials, directors and CEOs of large corporations including major financial institutions. Major military contractors, oil companies, banks (including the Federal Reserve), utilities (including nuclear power) and national media (broadcast and print) have high-ranking officials as club members or guests.

Symbolism and Rituals
Since the founding of the club, the Bohemian Grove's mascot has been an owl, symbolizing knowledge. A 40-foot (12 m) hollow owl statue made of concrete over steel supports stands at the head of the lake in the Grove; this Owl Shrine was designed by sculptor and two-time club president Haig Patigian, and built in the 1920s. Since 1929, the Owl Shrine has served as the backdrop of the yearly Cremation of Care ceremony.

The Club's patron saint is John of Nepomuk, who legend says suffered death at the hands of a Bohemian monarch rather than disclose the confessional secrets of the queen. A large wood carving of St. John in cleric robes with his index finger over his lips stands at the shore of the lake in the Grove, symbolizing the secrecy kept by the Grove's attendees throughout its long history.

Infiltrations
In the summer of 1989, Spy magazine writer Philip Weiss spent some seven days in the camp posing as a guest, which led to his November 1989 article "Inside Bohemian Grove". He wrote about uninhibited behavior he witnessed: "You know you are inside the Bohemian Grove when you come down a trail in the woods and hear piano music from amid a group of tents and then round a bend to see a man with a beer in one hand and his penis in the other, urinating into the bushes. This is the most gloried-in ritual of the encampment, the freedom of powerful men to pee wherever they like..." Weiss noticed "hundreds of cigars whose smokers had ignited them in defiance of the California Forest Service's posted warnings."

On July 15, 2000, controversial paleoconservative filmmaker Alex Jones and his cameraman, Mike Hanson, walked into the Grove. With a hidden camera, Jones and Hanson were able to film the Cremation of Care ceremony. The footage was the centerpiece of Jones' documentary Dark Secrets: Inside Bohemian Grove.

Jones claimed that the Cremation of Care was an "ancient Canaanite, Luciferian, Babylon mystery religion ceremony," and that the owl statue was Moloch. The Grove and Jones' investigation were covered by Jon Ronson in Channel 4's four-part documentary, Secret Rulers of the World. Ronson documented his view of the ritual in his book, Them: Adventures With Extremists, writing "My lasting impression was of an all-pervading sense of immaturity: the Elvis impersonators, the pseudo-pagan spooky rituals, the heavy drinking. These people might have reached the apex of their professions but emotionally they seemed trapped in their college years."

Also filmed for The Order of Death was Jones' return to the entrance of the Bohemian Grove in 2005 where he filmed a protest organized by the Bohemian Grove Action Network that took place at the Grove's entrance on Bohemian Highway, only to discover a majority of the protesters engaging in an "occult counter-ritual" known as the Resurrection of Care, supposedly a counter-ritual against the Cremation of Care. Jones' narration for the film lambasted the protesters' actions and motivations from a religious standpoint.

In 2005, Chris Jones (no relation) walked into the Grove when hired as an employee, and videotaped the Owl Shrine in daylight, even venturing inside the hollow statue.He also got footage of effigies, the lakeside, and select camps; as well as stealing a membership list. Chris Jones said he was propositioned for sex several times by the Grovers. Alex Jones included Chris Jones' video in "The Order of Death".

On January 19, 2002, 37-year-old Richard McCaslin was arrested after his nighttime infiltration of the Bohemian Grove, where he set several fires. He was heavily armed and wearing a skull mask and outfit with "Phantom Patriot" written across the chest.

--------------------

I am the person that stands in front of you in line ,
The person that you walk by and don't notice
I am the person who cares about you and your rights
I AM ANONYMOUS

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleP-O

Re: Ever Heard Of the Bohemian Grove? [Re: Mr.Hybrid]
    #604649 - 01/10/12 12:15 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

i had my 16th birthday party there

alex jones tried sneaking in

Offlinebryguy27007

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Minnesota
Re: Ever Heard Of the Bohemian Grove? [Re: P-O]
    #604981 - 01/12/12 11:52 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

What? Is this for real?

InvisibleFurrowedBrowM
Free yourself from yourself
Male User Gallery

Loc: Carpal Tunnel
Re: Ever Heard Of the Bohemian Grove? [Re: bryguy27007]
    #604984 - 01/12/12 12:33 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

this is one of many many private societies in the world.  There are a few here where i live that also cater to the most powerful people in california and the world.

--------------------

Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies - Become a member!
The Growery's Herb Museum (post #24)
I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery.
~ Thomas Jefferson ~

InvisibleP-O

Re: Ever Heard Of the Bohemian Grove? [Re: FurrowedBrow]
    #605024 - 01/12/12 04:44 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

i wanna get my kids the bohemian grove playset

InvisibleMr.Hybrid
Constitutionalist
 User Gallery

#605632 - 01/17/12 11:54 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

PositiveOutlook said:
i had my 16th birthday party there

alex jones tried sneaking in

Alex jones did sneak in...want the video?

InvisibleP-O

#605637 - 01/18/12 12:33 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

post away dude...

i havent seen the whole video yet

InvisibleMr.Hybrid
Constitutionalist
 User Gallery

#605645 - 01/18/12 02:41 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

--------------------

I AM ANONYMOUS

OfflineThebooedocksaint
Dead Dictator
 User Gallery

Loc: Wild & Free
    #605660 - 01/18/12 07:46 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

I'm pretty cool with the Bohemian Grove personally. Not really into the whole "getting paranoid over stuff" thing.

True story.

--------------------
"Je pense, donc je suis (I am thinking, therefore I am)." -Rene Descartes

InvisibleMr.Hybrid
Constitutionalist
 User Gallery

Re: Ever Heard Of the Bohemian Grove? [Re: Thebooedocksaint]
    #605752 - 01/18/12 06:30 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Abaddon (Hebrew: אֲבַדּוֹן‎, 'Ǎḇaddōn, Greek: Apollyon, Latin: Exterminans, Coptic: Abbaton, meaning "A place of destruction", "The Destroyer",

I wouldnt expect you to care

--------------------

I AM ANONYMOUS

OfflineDillon
Stranger
    #605814 - 01/19/12 01:15 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

I like the work of .....Alex Jones ... but except cremation we can do body liquefaction...environment friendly process...

InvisibleMr.Hybrid
Constitutionalist
 User Gallery

Re: Ever Heard Of the Bohemian Grove? [Re: Dillon]
    #605817 - 01/19/12 02:19 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

So you act like they were cremating loved ones? When its obvious they are practicing an ancient Canaanite ritual .....Maybe I just don't understand the point your trying to get across with the last post you made...Can you explain to me what your getting at?

:wowjustwow: :standingby:  :spun:

--------------------

I AM ANONYMOUS

InvisibleMr.Hybrid
Constitutionalist
 User Gallery

#605820 - 01/19/12 02:31 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

OfflineThebooedocksaint
Dead Dictator
 User Gallery

#605835 - 01/19/12 07:28 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Mr.Hybrid said:
Abaddon (Hebrew: אֲבַדּוֹן‎, 'Ǎḇaddōn, Greek: Apollyon, Latin: Exterminans, Coptic: Abbaton, meaning "A place of destruction", "The Destroyer",

I wouldnt expect you to care

>critiquing a name I use while playing a game.

:lol:

You're a funny little thing aren't you?

--------------------

InvisibleMr.Hybrid
Constitutionalist
 User Gallery

#605848 - 01/19/12 08:15 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

I seem to think so :lol:

OfflineThebooedocksaint
Dead Dictator
 User Gallery

#605859 - 01/19/12 11:38 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

:discorex:

Well have fun holmes.

But I'm going to leave this here. B.i.g. didn't die, he's chilling in the grove.

--------------------

InvisibleMr.Hybrid
Constitutionalist
 User Gallery

#605897 - 01/19/12 09:15 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

:greatjob::fuckinawesome::aweshift:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order