Home | Community | Message Board

Royal Queen Seeds Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore Injection Grain Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineA To The K
Smokey

first time gumby fuck up lol
    #605289 - 01/15/12 10:33 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

I just tried gumby for the first time with about an oz. its very hard to strain when there's nobody else to help. fuuuuuuck.

so now I'm left with quite a bit of plant material in my gumby water. is it still useable?

ill post the pics I took if I actually get something.

mods please dont move this. pm me if you don't know why lol.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleNanook
I CANT SEE
Male

Loc: The Frozen Tundra Flag
Re: first time gumby fuck up lol [Re: A To The K]
    #605332 - 01/15/12 08:58 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

I see no pictures! Why would you post this here?

--------------------

the spirit of Nanook

1400W 1st log

3000W 2nd log (current)

OfflineA To The K
Smokey

GUMBY HASH :D (better than expected!) [Re: Nanook]
    #605461 - 01/17/12 08:15 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Nanook said:
I see no pictures! Why would you post this here?

This is a special grow account and I don't have access to the hash forum for some odd reason.

Anyway. I decided to do my first Gumby attempt. I'd now consider it a success, even though I did fuck up quite a bit. After this (and trying the resulting hash) I have decided my next "big" purchase is going to be bubble bags instead of a vape.

I started out with this big pot of water and ice...too much water. I'd say this is a 3 gallon pot, and theres about 1 gallon of water in there, plus ice (and snow!)

Here it is when I began stirring like a mad man. I just used a normal whisk. This is 20 grams of material even (I had a little under 20 of trim, so I threw in a few wispy buds.

Anddddd when I was done. The bubbles popped fast, but it was bubbling pretty good. It would have been better if I had more material or less water...

I did my goddamndest to filter it out (by myself mind you) and realized oh fuck, I don't have a metal coffee filter anymore...I did this with a pasta scoop or something, and then pulled a lot more out by hand.

What to do with all that ice?...oh, right, the ice pinches I never use! :wink:

At this point, I was significantly pissed and thought I had fucked up the whole thing. I took the squeezed out leaf from the Gumby and threw it in my mini crock pot on low for the remaining 6 or 8 hours with half a stick of butter and half a cup of olive oil...

(btw, that ^ is about 2 "doses" taken out of the butter...so I'd say it made a good 20 servings!)

To my surprise, I actually got quite a few trichomes settled in my jar when I was all done...I put the water under a CFL to dry and...

Yes there is substantial amounts of plant matter left in the hash...this was an experiment ya know?

I went out to clean off my lady friends car for her this morning, and when I came back in she asked me how the hash dried up...I was excited to find that ^ this morning.

I scraped it off and scooped it up with a razor blade...it was more kief than I had really expected from what I'd consider a fuck up...

I pressed it and:

I took just a pinch, I'd say probably about the size of a grain of rice and smoked it. I rolled it in my fingers a bit to make it black and pliable, and just stretched it over the hole in my bongs bowl. It *just* fit. I got 2 or 3 good hits out of the bong and I'm high as a motherfucker. Really clear headed stone too.

I love this "hash" and I'm so so so SO excited to get some bags now that I know the quality of shit I can potentially get. I mean, if its this good with lots of impurities and I got THAT much with my horrible fucked up method and unskilled stoned fumbling, I can only imagine what the bags must be like.

And now, I'm off to make some edibles! Maybe I'll do some pictures of that. I love doing pictures.

Edit: The scale was tipping between 1.0 and .08 gram(s) of hash when I was done. Probably .3 being plant matter.

Edited by A To The K (01/17/12 08:19 AM)

InvisibleNanook
I CANT SEE
Male

Loc: The Frozen Tundra Flag
Re: GUMBY HASH :D (better than expected!) [Re: A To The K]
    #605585 - 01/17/12 09:18 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

ahhh, nice pics :thumbup:

If your hash sticks together well and doesn't crumble when you squish it then it would have to have a lot less plant matter, I would think... I could be wrong. The real test is how much ash is leftover after smoking, as long as you didn't suck that down your bong :bongload:

--------------------

the spirit of Nanook

1400W 1st log

3000W 2nd log (current)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore Injection Grain Bag