Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinegrod31
Ranger
 User Gallery

An epic story of this strain I have
    #596239 - 11/08/11 09:22 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

"You gave me the seed and said it was haze" is the best story i could get from the family friend. Despite living in Gotham for over 20 years he does not speak English fluently so getting a full sentence is like a game of charades.The only difference in genetics he knows are kush/ haze and regular -slang for Mexican pressed brick.
If I did in fact give him that seed and say it was haze it was probably my way of saying its sativa so that he understood it was a late finisher.If I had taken the time to save a seed and give it to him the genetics must have been worth growing;at-least the plant made me believe so.
    Mid August when the indica dominant plants are starting to look nice the mother for this strain did not look like it would have enough time to amount to anything spectacular with the unpredictable weather at the end of the grow season in the north east. It had copious amounts of leaves with no more then 3 leaflets and many single leaflets mostly concentrated around new growth.I account this zero nutrients or fertilizers given to the plant and water that was never properly ph'd or
even checked. The farmer still has an old school mindset growing from what he remembered in his country.
    The mother was started outside in April and was monstrous for the suburban neighborhood it had taken root in.
Two large pit-bulls and a chihuahua were the only thing that kept the more then curious eyes at bay.
Besides from the slight camouflage of some corn and  an assortment of other garden vegetables many neighboring houses had an uninterrupted view to the garden. It got to the point he could see it from the street and logic is prevalent against the fearlessness needed for growing in a non medical state so the scissors came out.
I had been told to take as many limbs of what ever size i wanted in return for the knowledge of how to take clones with the materials available. I wrapped a select few in wet newspaper and put them in a plastic shopping bag for the ride home. He proceeded to load the bag with fresh cucumbers to cover them up.It might not be the best way to transport something as valuable as that but you have to stay safe.
    That is where my cuttings came from. Unfortunately I was already in a number of breading projects and had no plans for this plant. It showed little promise.
after all was said and done two clones were left. two weeks into flowering about mid September i was snooping around my plants. Disguise is very important in an suburban area where big brother can always be watching. A vegetable garden around the perimeter and doted throughout is useful.
    Threw the diverse and exotic smells  of the Solanum family,tropical fruits,numerous cooking herbs and a half dozen cannabis strains.i was pulled like Toucan-Sam himself to one particular sent that jumped out.my senses were assaulted. As the aroma passed over my taste buds and my eyes meet my nose i see a plant that has a crimson to violate stem. a memory was triggered from childhood of eating lifesavers from a vending machine. Not any life savor but the pineapple specifically. The clearish cloudy one.
    As the plant matured so did the taste, the same notes became even more apparent. it took on undertones that i can only describe as the smell of fresh picked carrots covered in healthy soil.

It was at this point i decided something had to be done.I wish i had the option to re-veg inside but that was out of the question.I decided to take one of the two surviving clones back to the breeding grounds and use the only male I had left Super Sour OG from (ET)this is (Blueberry x Sour Diesel x OG Kush) x (Pakistani Kush x Lemon Thai) x Chemdawg #4.
The pollination was successful and I am still allowing the majority of the seeds to mature.A small pocket of calyxes had volunteered to split open and show their petite zebra striped seeds.
    The mother plant was chopped a little early about 8 weeks into flower due to fear of greedy people, the law, and the inclement weather. Sometimes after you spend so much time and effort on an outdoor grow its better to take what you can then loose everything(or worse) even if the final two weeks could potentially make it that much better.
    I was brought a plastic home depot bag filled of sugary trim to make some BHO for the man. He also gave me about a half ounce of the manicured stash. At that point i obviously knew how great it was, but it wasn't until smoking it that my memory bank pulled up a carbon copy imprint of some killer Afghani i use to pick up 5 or 6 years ago. On more then one occasion i picked up ounces of shake for half price because the stuff was so good that it simply did not
matter.i don't remember finding a seed in the stash but it wouldn't be impossible.
That particular Afghani holds a place as one of my favorite buds i had ever had the pleasure of finding.Trumped only by a clone only strain dubbed "Kemo" that as far as i know has no relation to UBC chemo.
Regardless. I'll never know if i gave him a seed from that stash but i do know at least its the next best thing.

Imagine a pile of fresh picked wild carrots covered in soil underneath pineapple life savors with a dash of ground cumin.

Edited by grod31 (03/15/13 09:41 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleT-Rex
Herbsman
Male User Gallery

Loc: Devils Marbles Flag
Re: An epic story of this strain I have [Re: grod31]
    #596242 - 11/08/11 09:40 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

I would sell my left testicle if everyone on this site could understand how to use paragraphs.

--------------------

OfflineNobodyImportant
Science Is Subculture
Male User Gallery

Loc: Jawjuh.
Re: An epic story of this strain I have [Re: T-Rex]
    #596245 - 11/08/11 09:59 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

tl;dr

--------------------
:bonghit:
Glass By: US Tubes, ZOB, Roor.de, Sheldon Black, Jerome Baker, Medicali, Kennaroo, Sand, Alex K, Local and Unknown Artists

OfflineRasJeph
Psycho Pete
Male

Loc: Bumfuckt Egypt
    #596267 - 11/09/11 06:24 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Huh. Cool.

So, did you get to save it or not? I kinda didn't see if you said that or not, but I was skimming.

--------------------
Of course it's happening inside your head.
Why should that mean it isn't real?

InvisibleAlounacara
Born to be banned....
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Spicemaster, Texas
Re: An epic story of this strain I have [Re: T-Rex]
    #596280 - 11/09/11 10:03 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

T-Rex said:
I would sell my left testicle if everyone on this site could understand how to use paragraphs.

:highfive:

--------------------
You never see a motorcycle parked outside a psychiatrist office
Texas is humongus compared to France
Our Gair, who art in Texas,
Paw Paw be thy Name..

Invisiblestill beLIEve
State Property..Again
Male

Loc: a world thats not my own
Re: An epic story of this strain I have [Re: NobodyImportant]
    #596281 - 11/09/11 10:19 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

T-Rex said:

Quote:

NobodyImportant said:
tl;dr

--------------------
niteowl said:
See, that term pedo gets thrown around a lot.
Is a 16 year old guy having sex w/a 16 year old girl a pedophile?
If not, then how is a 30 year old considered a pedophile for doing the same thing?
I think y'all need to look up the definition for pedophile.

Offlinegrod31
Ranger
 User Gallery

Re: An epic story of this strain I have [Re: still beLIEve]
    #596287 - 11/09/11 11:12 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

I admit grammar and syntax might not be my strong point, add to that the formatting was changed by the time i posted it.
im not sure what tl;dr means but im sure it means something about how much of a great story it was.
I did get 50% of the genes i have a nice set of seeds but i never grew out a female super sour OG from emerald triangle so i dont know what the cross will be like and then of course i have to selectively breed
but there is nothing but time until its medical right?

--------------------
DO NOT USE mushmagic.com- THEY LIE AND SELL DRUGS TO CHILDREN :thumbdown:
--------------------------------------------------
Back the tape up.  I need it again!
Let it roll!  Just as high as the fucker can go! 
And when it comes to that fantastic note
where the rabbit bites its own head off,
I want you to THROW THAT FUCKING
RADIO INTO THE TUB WITH ME!
    Not me.  It would blast you through
the wall stone dead in ten seconds and they'd make me explain.

OfflineNobodyImportant
Science Is Subculture
Male User Gallery

Loc: Jawjuh.
    #596288 - 11/09/11 11:34 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

too long; didnt read

it means you should make a short one or two sentence summary of what you were trying to say to let us know if its worth reading

--------------------
Glass By: US Tubes, ZOB, Roor.de, Sheldon Black, Jerome Baker, Medicali, Kennaroo, Sand, Alex K, Local and Unknown Artists

OfflineRasJeph
Psycho Pete
Male

Loc: Bumfuckt Egypt
    #596291 - 11/09/11 11:47 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

grod31 said:but there is nothing but time until its medical right?

At what point is marijuana "medical grade"? Anyone should be able to take even shitty genes and grow a good plant from it with the right amount of technique.

--------------------
Of course it's happening inside your head.
Why should that mean it isn't real?

InvisibleFurrowedBrowM
Free yourself from yourself
Male User Gallery

Loc: Carpal Tunnel
Re: An epic story of this strain I have [Re: RasJeph]
    #596297 - 11/09/11 12:30 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

thats the truth.  there is no medical grade pot in my opinion.  that's redundant.  pot is medical grade by nature.  stupid prohibitionists.  I also didn't read the OP.  If it had been in sentences and paragraphs i probably would have.

--------------------

Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies - Become a member!
The Growery's Herb Museum (post #24)
I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery.
~ Thomas Jefferson ~

Offlinegrod31
Ranger
 User Gallery

Re: An epic story of this strain I have [Re: FurrowedBrow]
    #596302 - 11/09/11 01:29 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

by medical i meant legal.

--------------------
DO NOT USE mushmagic.com- THEY LIE AND SELL DRUGS TO CHILDREN :thumbdown:
--------------------------------------------------
Back the tape up.  I need it again!
Let it roll!  Just as high as the fucker can go! 
And when it comes to that fantastic note
where the rabbit bites its own head off,
I want you to THROW THAT FUCKING
RADIO INTO THE TUB WITH ME!
    Not me.  It would blast you through
the wall stone dead in ten seconds and they'd make me explain.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order