Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Gold Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinedpga
Stranger

someone tell me what i have here besides the obvious
    #588231 - 09/23/11 01:14 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

a friend gave me this  deep water hydroponics setup today not real sure what all is here and i believe it was probily sold to someone as a kit at one point which i think is mostly complete does anyone know anything about all this there is some unlabeled chemicals that i would like to know what they are never quite used anything like this before any tips on that would be helpful

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinealienscience
Farve in training
 User Gallery

Re: someone tell me what i have here besides the obvious [Re: dpga] * 1
    #588239 - 09/23/11 02:28 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

It's a DWC (Deep Water Culture) grow system.  It works by filling the bin/resevoir with water and then pumping air through the bottom of it with the pump and air stone.  You'll probably need some rockwool (little cubes of wool used for germination) to get any plants rooted.  But, they can work very well if done correctly.  Those chemicals look like PH control to me.  I'm prety sure the dark one is for testing the water, and the red and green are for adjusting it.  I'm not 100% sure on the colors though, so you'll definately want to check.  Nice little set up though, good gift for sure.  Some systems like that go for $100+.

I'm sure there is plenty of information here about DWCs.  The only downside to them in my opinion is the chance of root rot and having to change the water every so often.  They are great kits for learning hydro though, and like I said can grow some very nice plants if done correctly.

--------------------
Official member of MAPS

Offlinedpga
Stranger

Re: someone tell me what i have here besides the obvious [Re: alienscience]
    #588329 - 09/23/11 09:49 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

thanks iam gonna put it to good use lol once i read up a bit on them i am just gonna toss the chemicals since i dont know what they are there of no use to me and just get new stuff if you have any good links to share on the subject of dwc's please share them other than that iam gonna search it out

Offlinedpga
Stranger

Re: someone tell me what i have here besides the obvious [Re: dpga]
    #588336 - 09/23/11 10:02 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

more so than anything i would like to know the best mix as far as nutrients go for them

InvisiblebrainsOplenty
ganja farmer
Male User Gallery

Loc: zion
Re: someone tell me what i have here besides the obvious [Re: dpga] * 1
    #588442 - 09/24/11 02:08 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

could definitely use some rockwool cubes and hydroton. as for the unlabeled chemicals, looks like it may be general hydroponics flora kit. the green is flora gro, pink is flora bloom and the dark one is flora micro. get it going and keep us posted:thumbup:

--------------------
it's written right here.
it's absolutely clear.
the ganja herb is the healing of the nation.

InvisibleFurrowedBrowM
Free yourself from yourself
Male User Gallery

Loc: Carpal Tunnel
Trusted Cultivator
Re: someone tell me what i have here besides the obvious [Re: brainsOplenty]
    #588476 - 09/24/11 03:20 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

welcome dpga!  Good luck with your future grows.  Looks like you've got a good start there.  Not sure about those liquids.  i thought both of the suggestions would be correct.  not sure which it is though.

--------------------

Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies - Become a member!
The Growery's Herb Museum (post #24)
I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery.
~ Thomas Jefferson ~

Offlinedpga
Stranger

Re: someone tell me what i have here besides the obvious [Re: FurrowedBrow]
    #588528 - 09/24/11 09:56 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

thanks for the replies i will deff keep things posted when i get it all going iam new to hydroponics and have not grown at all in a long time cept for mushrooms but thats a totally different game lol so iam doing alot of reading before hand so i can be well informed any good threads yall can share on dwc'c i would appreciate

Offlinedpga
Stranger

Re: someone tell me what i have here besides the obvious [Re: brainsOplenty]
    #588530 - 09/24/11 10:07 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

brainsOplenty said:
could definitely use some rockwool cubes and hydroton. as for the unlabeled chemicals, looks like it may be general hydroponics flora kit. the green is flora gro, pink is flora bloom and the dark one is flora micro. get it going and keep us posted:thumbup:

i do have the hydroton already came with all of it they apparently lost the rockwool cubes before they gave it all to me but fortunately  i live near Atlanta so there seems to be a ton of hydroponics shops all around me iam going to visit a few tomorrow and hopefully get all this setup by next weekend if iam feeling comfortable with everything

Offlinealienscience
Farve in training
 User Gallery

#588557 - 09/25/11 05:47 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

If you still have the liquids, try dropping a few drops into about 5ml of water each.  If any of them chane color, they are probably PH control.  The one that changes the color rapidly, is the PH tester; the dark one.  I'm almost 99% sure thats what they are as I had a similar kit and I believe the dark colored one was the tester (to test PH of water) and the blue was PH down and Orange was PH up.  Quite useful, and somewhat expensive.

As for nutrients.  You can get by very well with simple fox farm grow big hydroponic solution.  I wouldn't reccomend much else as most of the hydroponic nutrients are meant for systems other than DWC and will kill your plants (trust me, I learned the hard way).  That, some H202 to keep out root rot (make sure you add 3 fluid ounces of H202 every reservoir change for your tub).  It'll help prevent root rot as it's very hard to get rid of once it's popped up.

But like I said, check out fox farm's grow big and some flowering nutrients by them too.  Make sure you get they hydroponic ones though. 

PS.  I just remembered, H202 eats away organic nutes and I'm pretty sure fox farm is partly organic.  Someone else will have to give you a better tip on it.  Sorry.

--------------------
Official member of MAPS

Offlinedpga
Stranger

Re: someone tell me what i have here besides the obvious [Re: alienscience]
    #588733 - 09/25/11 07:11 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

i driped some in water and they did not change at all looks to me like a gh flora kit green pink and almost purple not sure tho and thats a pretty spendy chance to take iam just going to get new nutrients i will try what you recomend there

Invisiblemaryanne3087
Stranger

Trusted Cultivator
    #588794 - 09/26/11 08:15 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

I'd just throw out the bottles of liquid whatever they are probably GH Flora but why risk them being something else if you had distilled water and an accurate TDS meter you could see if they are consistent with GH Flora concentrations. The amount you have there isn't worth very much at all. Those bottles appear to hold a couple ounces and at 8ml Micro 16ml a gal of Bloom at full strength you wouldn't even be able to fill up your reservoir.

Your situation is very similar to someone who has a cold who is thirsty and tired coming across a half cup of what might be pond water or cold coffee and has the choice to drink it or leave it alone since you can't identify it. The choice is yours.

The potential for savings is very little and the potential headaches are great.

Offlinephrostbyte
Hydro Grower

Re: someone tell me what i have here besides the obvious *DELETED* [Re: maryanne3087]
    #588913 - 09/26/11 07:16 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Post deleted by phrostbyte

Reason for deletion: found it

OfflineCaptain Caveman
Some Guy

Loc: My Cave
Re: someone tell me what i have here besides the obvious [Re: phrostbyte]
    #588917 - 09/26/11 07:23 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

You might consider starting a soil/soiless pot next to your hydro thing to help ensure some harvest while you learn to grow. I'm just saying. :2cents:

Good luck grower!:hippie:

--------------------
When the power of love overcomes the love of power, only then will the world know peace. :peace:

Offlinephrostbyte
Hydro Grower

Re: someone tell me what i have here besides the obvious [Re: phrostbyte]
    #588920 - 09/26/11 07:29 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

bet this is what that is!

Found it on This ebay sale

hope this helps

InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #589098 - 09/27/11 06:35 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

dpga said:
i driped some in water and they did not change at all looks to me like a gh flora kit green pink and almost purple not sure tho and thats a pretty spendy chance to take iam just going to get new nutrients i will try what you recomend there

Punctuation yo....

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies