Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Sensible Seeds Shop: Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineI_AM_SWIM
Someone Who Isn't McKenna

THE LAST STORY
    #586270 - 09/14/11 07:56 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

director of OG final fantasy: hironobu sakaguchi
musician of OG ff : nobuo uematsu

not squaresoft/square-enix

Mistwalker

anyone know a thang about this game?

--------------------
:tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineI_AM_SWIM

Re: THE LAST STORY [Re: I_AM_SWIM]
    #586316 - 09/14/11 09:56 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

I made this post quick, but anybody that's played the final fantasy series from NES to
SNES and Playstation, know just how magical squaresoft was back in the days.

The music Nobuo Uematsu produces is utterly awe-mazing.
You can tell he plays from the heart.
And the story line has always been amazing, although I don't know if there is much to say
about the latter games, especially when enix and squaresoft merged and many of the OG
final fantasy team left.

I just found out that The Last Story was released in Japan in 2011, and it will be
released in Europe in 2012.
I can't find a release date for the US though.

Lost Odyssey is for the Xbox 360, it was created by Mistwalker (the new squaresoft basically)
and was an amazing game with one of the most excellent stories, and short
stories I have ever read and played through. And that game was directed by Hironobu
Sakaguchi with the composer Nobuo Uematsu.

Here is one track from Lost Odyssey:

He Who Journeys Eternity: Lost Odyssey: A Thousand Years of Dreams

Either way, I'm psyched to have finally realized this, and also learn about Mistwalker
video game company. No wonder most of the square-enix games sucked.

:feelsgoodman::soundsgoodman::feelsgoodman:
plays good man

Offlinealienscience
Farve in training
 User Gallery

#586436 - 09/15/11 12:18 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

I haven't kept up with it for very long, but my life will not be complete until they remake FF7 for the PS3.  Or something like it...Idk...

They were fun games to play and pass the time.

--------------------
Official member of MAPS

OfflineI_AM_SWIM

Re: THE LAST STORY [Re: alienscience]
    #586439 - 09/15/11 12:43 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

I agree, an FF7 remake is a must. Advent Children was cool. But I want to play a remake with
the exact same story, but super graphics. It might be best for it to come out for the PS4
though. Just so that it's that much more epic.

FF7 is amazing. I remember when I first played it, the music in the game had this
'nostalgic vibe' to it; even on the first listen. And listening to it 10 years later, that nostalgia grew tremendously.

It's very strange how there can be something that sounds nostalgic on a first listen.

AHEAD ON OUR WAY:

:soundsgoodman:

--------------------
:tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna:

Offlinealienscience
Farve in training
 User Gallery

#586840 - 09/17/11 12:42 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Yeah, I kind of regret not being able to get through any of the FF games I've played.  7,8, 12 (I think that's the one, the one with the L'cie).  RPGs have never been my thing, and I think that makes me a bad person =(

I've found that games that take you 'far out' like that, do it without you even knowing it.  They kind of just have to happen rather than be expected.  Lol, at age 8 I was high on FF, 18 I was high on weed...

--------------------
Official member of MAPS

Offlinethe bizzle
Stranger

#587314 - 09/18/11 09:02 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

I_AM_SWIM said:
AHEAD ON OUR WAY:

if instrumental music could capture the meaning of life, IMO that piece right there would do it.

--------------------
got this shadow in my shoes

got this blackness in my blues

if we're lost, how can we lose?

OfflineI_AM_SWIM

Re: THE LAST STORY [Re: the bizzle]
    #587396 - 09/19/11 12:16 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

the bizzle said:if instrumental music could capture the meaning of life, IMO that piece right there would do it.

Yeah, I agree, it's a beautiful piece. Definitely one of my favorites.
There are so many favorites I can't decide which would be my number one favorite.

I guess if I had to choose one track to listen to before I die, it may be this one,

Holding My Thoughts in My Heart:

:soundsgoodman:

I also think this piece may capture the meaning of life as well, one of the comments on youtube for this video was,

... I shall never forget this particular music. I had spent many hours in Midgar.
After the motorcycle chase sequence, I remember the party standing outside of the city
with this music in the background. I realized that the game had really just begun. So many
possibilities, so many decisions... the sky was the limit.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Original Sensible Seeds Shop: Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains