Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Gold Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Invisibledrawde
Pot and memory
    #587215 - 09/18/11 02:20 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

How do you find pot affects your memory?
I dont smoke much, usually like one .25g joint 3-5 nights a week and I am really starting to notice memory loss, even though I thought that small a quantity would not affect it.
I have trouble remembering things I studied thoroughly last week. Its not processing power so to speak, I have a lot of that still, just my memory bank. Otherwise I am in perfect health.

Do you find any difference with memory loss between indicas and sativas? I smoke only indicas cause thats all I can get.

I am worried I am going to have to all out quit because this is affecting my education. Though it could be another factor altogether so I am going to examine other areas, I figured this would be the place to ask about the marijuana factor though.

--------------------
King Koopa said:
The amount of pot that Gask smokes is equivalent to a guy shooting heroin on weekends

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineDungenessDank
Lord of the Flies

Loc: PNW
Re: Pot and memory [Re: drawde]
    #587216 - 09/18/11 02:25 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

I do find smoking a lot of Indica can leave you feeling dumb and maybe forgetful. But remember sometimes sober people forget things too.

Invisibledrawde
Re: Pot and memory [Re: DungenessDank]
    #587218 - 09/18/11 02:29 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Very true. I (somehow) remember a big difference though when I was mostly sober smoking once or twice a month.

--------------------
King Koopa said:
The amount of pot that Gask smokes is equivalent to a guy shooting heroin on weekends

OfflineFisherman
Stranger

#587222 - 09/18/11 02:38 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Thought.

OfflineTangerines
Grease Wizard
Male

#587239 - 09/18/11 03:22 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

My memory is permanently trashed but not from smoking.  I actually find smoking helps my memory because it allows me to actually focus upon the little things I would normally overlook.  Life without pot is even more a blur than life with it.

Invisibleopenmind
cannaisseur

Loc: Cannafornia
    #587329 - 09/18/11 10:24 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Only when under the influence of pot is my short term memory somewhat affected, and usually it's only mind numbing indicas that induce this. But over the past 5 years of smoking damn near daily I do not notice my memory being affected what so ever, not to toot my own horn but I actually have a damn good memory. I've noticed all my friends that started to smoke when they were relatively young (12 to 15 years old) have rather shitty memory, I didn't start smoking until I was 19 so :shrug: .

With out searching for sources to back this up, I'm going to say alcohol is far more detrimental to ones memory that cannabis is.

:2cents:

:stoner:

--------------------

OfflineHippoSex
Aero-Grower

Loc: Canada Flag
Re: Pot and memory [Re: openmind]
    #587335 - 09/18/11 11:22 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Well, I think it affects my short term memory detrimentally. I too smoke about .25g per day, but spaced out so I'm medicated most of the day.

You just have to make it work. Find studying methods that take into account your limitations and do the best you can do.

I face the same dilemma, taking an engineering course, but honestly, my memory was shit to begin with. Pot doesn't help in that sense, but it does help take away the pains of having your head in a book all day every day, so yeah...

I don't know what I'd do without it, so I just don't consider it an option, and I do my best to make shit work. :froman:

Plus I got an ADHD diagnosis a couple years back so I could get some legal amphetamines :pill2: and then I found out that as a bonus I could get twice as much time on all my exams because I'm "disabled".

Shit's sweet. :awesome:

OfflineRasJeph
Psycho Pete
Male

Loc: Bumfuckt Egypt
Re: Pot and memory [Re: HippoSex]
    #587351 - 09/19/11 07:16 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

I'm not sure to be honest.

I kinda don't remember shit too well, but it might be for other reasons. I remember the dumbest shit from when I was a kid. Like, word for word what people said. I can remember the name of the ice cream man from Hey Arnold (before I downloaded it the other day) and other stupid shit like that, but I can't remember to do something I've been meaning to do.

--------------------
Of course it's happening inside your head.
Why should that mean it isn't real?

OfflineKrackatus
Vapehead

Loc: UK Flag
Re: Pot and memory [Re: RasJeph]
    #587359 - 09/19/11 07:54 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Back when I used to smoke shitloads my short term memory was BAD. Like i'd used to frequently forget what I was talking about mid sentence. It was so bad you could probably tell I was a pothead within 5 seconds of talking to me based on my speech alone.
Nowadays my short term memory is fine as I don't smoke nearly as much as I used to. For what its worth short term memory loss is the only real negative side effect i've ever had from 6 years of smoking weed. Its all completley temporary though. If I stopped smoking for like a month, my brain would return to normal. But then id lose my 'stonerness' so fuck that.

--------------------
"Cannabis is not a health problem. The problem is that it promotes social values and attitudes which are unwelcome in capitalist market based society. It's just that simple." - Terence McKenna

Invisibledrawde
Re: Pot and memory [Re: HippoSex]
    #587361 - 09/19/11 08:15 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

HippoSex said:
Well, I think it affects my short term memory detrimentally. I too smoke about .25g per day, but spaced out so I'm medicated most of the day.

You just have to make it work. Find studying methods that take into account your limitations and do the best you can do.

I face the same dilemma, taking an engineering course, but honestly, my memory was shit to begin with. Pot doesn't help in that sense, but it does help take away the pains of having your head in a book all day every day, so yeah...

I don't know what I'd do without it, so I just don't consider it an option, and I do my best to make shit work. :froman:

Plus I got an ADHD diagnosis a couple years back so I could get some legal amphetamines :pill2: and then I found out that as a bonus I could get twice as much time on all my exams because I'm "disabled".

Shit's sweet. :awesome:

Man I need to get that diagnosis, I just cant write an exam quickly, rarely get done in time. How do you get diagnosed with ADHD? I have concentration problems and am always going from one thing to another.

If you dont mind me asking, where ya at school? (if your in ont.)

--------------------
King Koopa said:

Invisibledrawde
    #587363 - 09/19/11 08:21 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Symptoms of ADHD

There are three different categories of ADHD symptoms: inattention, hyperactivity, impulsivity.

Inattention may not become apparent until a child enters the challenging environment of school. In adults, symptoms of inattention may manifest in work or in social situations.

A person with ADHD may have some or all of the following symptoms:

difficulty paying attention to details and tendency to make careless mistakes in school  or other activities; producing work that is often messy and careless Check
easily distracted by irrelevant stimuli and frequently interrupting ongoing tasks to attend to trivial noises or events that are usually ignored by others Check
inability to sustain attention on tasks or activities Check
difficulty finishing schoolwork or paperwork or performing tasks that require concentration Check
frequent shifts from one uncompleted activity to another Check
procrastination Check
disorganized work habits Check
forgetfulness in daily activities (for example, missing appointments, forgetting to bring lunch) Check
failure to complete tasks such as homework or chores Check
frequent shifts in conversation, not listening to others, not keeping one's mind on conversations, and not following details or rules of activities in social situations Check

Hyperactivity symptoms may be apparent in very young preschoolers and are nearly always present before the age of seven. Symptoms include:

fidgeting, squirming when seated Check
getting up frequently to walk or run around Check
running or climbing excessively when it's inappropriate (in teens this may appear as restlessness)
having difficulty playing quietly or engaging in quiet leisure activities
being always on the go Check
often talking excessively
Hyperactivity may vary with age and developmental stage.

Damn..

--------------------
King Koopa said:

OfflineSheekle
http://tinychat.com/warminati

#587457 - 09/19/11 06:05 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

damn dude i don't have adhd but i guess i have add or something

I do everything on the ADD list. At work i definatly go through with a bunch of incomplete tasks like crazy, but if i put my mind too it i can easily do the shit one by one, it just gets boring that way

It's kinda like, I'm so damn lazy that i exhibit symptoms of ADD but i'm going to college now and i can pay attention there and shit so it's like i gave myself add throughout the years by not stimulating that part of my brain but i'm fixing it by simply paying attention

--------------------
:cool::feelsgoodman::nyan::catfrog::sunny::discodance::hug::hamsterdance::mitebecool::thumbup::omgawesome::cheers:

InvisibleiStoner
Astral Beast
Male

Re: Pot and memory [Re: Sheekle]
    #587459 - 09/19/11 06:14 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

i have ADD for sure. It's really bad, and convinces me it's a real disorder.
Pot makes it worse if i'm using it often.

--------------------

OfflineSteve Buscemi

#587461 - 09/19/11 06:27 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

I'd say I have a pretty good memory and I smoke all the time. I can remember crazy stuff like the color of a persons shirt 10 years ago but somehow forget important dates like holidays or simple stuff like the day of the week.

OfflineRasJeph
Psycho Pete
Male

Loc: Bumfuckt Egypt
Re: Pot and memory [Re: Steve Buscemi]
    #587463 - 09/19/11 06:44 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Steve Buscemi said:
I'd say I have a pretty good memory and I smoke all the time. I can remember crazy stuff like the color of a persons shirt 10 years ago but somehow forget important dates like holidays or simple stuff like the day of the week.

I'm exactly the same.

There has to be a name/word for that.

--------------------
Of course it's happening inside your head.
Why should that mean it isn't real?

Invisibledrawde
Re: Pot and memory [Re: RasJeph] * 1
    #587470 - 09/19/11 07:16 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

mindfuckulation

--------------------
King Koopa said:

OfflineI_AM_SWIM
Someone Who Isn't McKenna

#587480 - 09/19/11 07:43 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

:tmckenna: :tmckenna: :tmckenna: :tmckenna: :tmckenna:
I have great memory and I smoke pot daily, and have been smoking everyday for a really long
time; over three years at least. I may occasionally take a break for about a week, but it's
not significant enough for me to remember.

It used to kill my short-term memory at times, especially when I first started smoking, but
now it ain't even a thang.
:tmckenna::tmckenna: :tmckenna: :tmckenna: :tmckenna:

I have great memory and I smoke pot daily, and have been smoking everyday for a really long
time; over three years at least. I may occasionally take a break for about a week, but it's

It used to kill my short-term memory at times, especially when I first started smoking, but

--------------------
:tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna:

OfflineI_AM_SWIM
Someone Who Isn't McKenna

Re: Pot and memory [Re: I_AM_SWIM]
    #587482 - 09/19/11 07:44 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

I'm sorry, I just do this so I can laugh my sorry ass. :smile:

:tmckenna:

--------------------
:tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom