Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinemansome
Stranger

Moving to Flowering Stage
    #572252 - 07/15/11 05:40 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Hi
i am really a newbie to growing, i am using a dripper system and almost 7-8 weeks passed after germination, i have 2 plants and they are nearly 30-35 cm height. And they are looking and smelling great now. İ cant tell the strain coz i bought indoor mix from nirvana.
in some growing manuals, they say it is good to change to period flowering when plant is 40-50 cm high.
Because of my limited time i am thinking about changing to cycle 12-12, is this reduce the potency and amounts?

thanks for your answers

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleharri
ˈko͞okē
Re: Moving to Flowering Stage [Re: mansome]
    #572287 - 07/15/11 12:28 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Have any pics?

Invisiblemhbound
Ballin out at all cost
Male User Gallery

Loc: High Flag
    #572326 - 07/15/11 04:14 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

mansome said:
Hi
i am really a newbie to growing, i am using a dripper system and almost 7-8 weeks passed after germination, i have 2 plants and they are nearly 30-35 cm height. And they are looking and smelling great now. İ cant tell the strain coz i bought indoor mix from nirvana.
in some growing manuals, they say it is good to change to period flowering when plant is 40-50 cm high.
Because of my limited time i am thinking about changing to cycle 12-12, is this reduce the potency and amounts?

thanks for your answers

The longer you leg a plant veg the larger will be, hence the yield will be larger...but the plant will also be huge. After a plant turns to flower it will at least double in size, possibly triple.

It will not affect potency, but a bigger plant I can tell you is harder to maintain  especially feeding because it requires such a high concentration to keep them well-fed but not underfeed or overfeed..So, basically what I'm saying(especially for a newb) is to keep them as small as possible so its easy to keep them fed properly which plays a huge role getting the best quality and quantity out of your plants.

Some people flower straight from seed so the plants go only like 18-24 inches total because of space limitations, but if you put a lot of small plants under a lamp and 1 larger lamp under that same plant the bunch of smaller plants will yield more, and the quality will probably be just as good if not better. I usually veg for 1-2 weeks and flower since I live in an apartment.

Anyway, hope that answers.

--------------------
Suck my balls America

Offlinemansome
Stranger

Re: Moving to Flowering Stage [Re: mhbound]
    #572509 - 07/16/11 02:44 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

here is their photos one is more than 35 cm and the other 30 cm

i also live in apartment and using a grow tent actually i dont have much space so i think as mhbound  say it is now good to start flowering and today i gave flowering nuts and change my light to sodium and 12-12 cycle

how long will it take to show their sexes ? and could you understand their kinds?

wish me luck and thanks for your answers

OfflinePernicious
Stranger Danger
Male User Gallery

Loc: East Coast
    #572529 - 07/16/11 04:49 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

should take about a week before they show sex.

Invisiblemhbound
Ballin out at all cost
Male User Gallery

#572545 - 07/16/11 05:59 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

mansome said:

here is their photos one is more than 35 cm and the other 30 cm

i also live in apartment and using a grow tent actually i dont have much space so i think as mhbound say it is now good to start flowering and today i gave flowering nuts and change my light to sodium and 12-12 cycle

how long will it take to show their sexes ? and could you understand their kinds?

wish me luck and thanks for your answers

Yea a week or two, post a picture in a couple of weeks a little closer up, and here is some pictures to help sex:

They won't actually switch to flowering for about 2 weeks so you shouldn't feed them bloom nutes, no nutes usually until then, but just be careful you'll probably be fine.,

--------------------
Suck my balls America

Offlinemansome
Stranger

#572547 - 07/16/11 06:27 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

thanks for the info, i would take some pictures every week .

i am using atami wilmas organics with bloombastic, the first week of flowering nearly the same as vegetative
i wish they both are female (at least one)

and another question, in veg  i plug everything to timer so thw water dripped only when the lights on , now i started to run water 24h is that right to do ?

thanks

Edited by mansome (07/16/11 06:30 PM)

InvisibleStonethM
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Male User Gallery

Loc: No where ville, USA Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #572563 - 07/16/11 07:48 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

mansome said:
and another question, in veg  i plug everything to timer so thw water dripped only when the lights on , now i started to run water 24h is that right to do ?

thanks

I'd continue the way you were, no need for 24 hour water supply.

--------------------
:getstoned:

Offlinemansome
Stranger

Re: Moving to Flowering Stage [Re: Stoneth]
    #572933 - 07/18/11 07:33 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

hi thanks for the answers i switch the water back to normal everything is on timer again .

and today i saw that in the dark period the after the sunrise the plants gets a little bit light. is this a big problem? if it is a big problem i will also set a timer to myself to close the door of tent and open in the morning again :laugh:

and the temperature is 83F and humidity is 63% i try to lower the humidity but i cant make it lower . what is the ideal humidity for flowering and is there a way to lower the degree

thanks

Edited by mansome (07/18/11 07:45 AM)

Offlinemansome
Stranger

#574078 - 07/23/11 04:57 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

hi there

as you know i have two plants, and they just completed their first week in flowering,
i think in that picture one is clearly showed male, do you think i should immediately kill the plant?

the other one has very small pistols i cant get a clear picture could it be female? in somewhere i read males show their sexes quicker than females is that true?

thanks for ideas

Invisiblemhbound
Ballin out at all cost
Male User Gallery

#574125 - 07/23/11 10:40 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Yes males usually show sex first, that certainly looks male to me, a picture of the other would be nice.

If that turns out to be male spray the sacks really well before moving the plant to keep the pollen from spreading.

--------------------
Suck my balls America

Offlinemansome
Stranger

#574280 - 07/24/11 04:32 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

i killed this one moved away from the other plant.

the other one have very small pistols i cant shoot a clear photo maybe it will be clear next week.
can i do something to speed up the flowering process?

thanks

Invisiblemhbound
Ballin out at all cost
Male User Gallery

#574367 - 07/24/11 02:21 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

TLC--Tender Loving Care, but not too much.

Give the plant what it needs and it will thrive, just look at it as a weekly schedule, try to keep things  consistent, they don't like change, proper nutrients, water, pH levels, air circulation etc...they will grow as fast as they can, unfortunately, we haven't found a way to increase flowering. Just take a look a day or so depending on your setup and check at the end of the week and you will see the difference, if you sit there and stare at it its going to seem like its taking forever, no way around it you have at least 8 weeks probably more like 10 or so.

--------------------
Suck my balls America

Offlinemansome
Stranger

#576291 - 08/03/11 04:01 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

my girl is in the 3rd week of flowering and she showed her pistols clearly but i have a few questions she growed really big higher than 1 meter and she is really close to my 250 w lamp is this a big problem? and some leaves near to root have some small white spots i dont know what they are i will try to shoot a picture but do you have any ideas right now?

thanks

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck