Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Gold Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinetheman420

are these chemical burns?
    #571215 - 07/10/11 11:20 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

I think I burned the piss outta these I knew I shouldn't of use a fert!
Let me know how I can fix these if possible as its a girl just going into flowering

--------------------
num,num,num.....mmmm......num,num,num

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblemhbound
Ballin out at all cost
Male User Gallery

Loc: High Flag
Re: are these chemical burns? [Re: theman420]
    #571226 - 07/11/11 12:08 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Yea, flush them with 3 times the amount of water to the amount of soil or size of the container I should say. I usually then run another gallon or so(about the size of the container or so) and flush with a diluted solution but I'd be wary of that in your case if you do it use a very very diluted solution.

Edit: What nutrients? How much nutrient solution did you use and how much water was it put in?

What soil? What type of water and pH of the water and soil?

--------------------
Suck my balls America

Edited by mhbound (07/11/11 12:12 AM)

Offlinetheman420

Re: are these chemical burns? [Re: mhbound]
    #571230 - 07/11/11 12:25 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

It was organic compost topped with peat, it had .05 nkp then I used shultz 15 10 15. It was 4 drops in a liter. 
I did flush it about a week ago, and its worsen. I'll go flush it again right now
It is just bottled water and I'm not sure of the ph, I've really neglected this plant!
I actually feel bad and feel like I should just put it outside.

Edited by theman420 (07/11/11 12:46 AM)

Invisiblemhbound
Ballin out at all cost
Male User Gallery

#571284 - 07/11/11 10:18 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

That shultz is bad news I've tried using it before. When your plants start flowering they need almost no nitrogen(NPK, obviously the N which is 10(10-15-10). After looking again it looks like you may be over-watering, how often are you watering? Those leaves with the yellowish/lime-green color with the brown spots(if it were nute-burn I would expect the leaves to be a little more 'crisp' if you get what I'm saying) but the veins of the leaves are staying green that's usually a sure sign for me..

Leave them alone for a week or so until the soil is COMPLETELY dry, I bet the leaves start to darken and they perk up. In the picture that soil looks like it holds a lot of water and isn't very aerated. Cannabis likes a real airy soil, that soil needed some perlite or something in it to help the drainage so it would dry quicker and what have you, but that soil will work you'll just have to be more careful.

I think I'm right this time. During the first 2 weeks roughly of flowering the growth of the plant slows a lot so they won't need much nutrients..During vegetative the plant uses the N to help it 'grow' I guess is a good word, and during flowering it uses more of the other PK...They have ferts for tomatoes and other flowers that have almost no N but have more PK for the budding stages...They obviously aren't made for marijuana and are pretty strong so you have to be careful but I think that's probably your problem.

--------------------
Suck my balls America

OfflineLegalize
Stranger
Male
Loc: Michigan USA
    #571379 - 07/11/11 08:10 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

I agree with MH, over watering..The pics could be better though.. Not easy to tell at first..I'd say with the pot and plant size you have, it should need water every 7 days depending on temps..For the best diagnosis it's always best to fill out the form .. The more info these guys get the faster they can accurately help..

Offlinetheman420

Re: are these chemical burns? [Re: Legalize]
    #571411 - 07/12/11 12:19 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

[image]http://www.grow<a href="https://files.growery.org/files/g11-28/045003093-IMAG0008.jpg" target="_blank">ery.org/forums/thumbs/g11-28/045043993-thumb_IMAG0013.jpg[/image]</a>

Okay here's a few more pics and some more info.
Soil- compost and manure .05 n .05 p2o5 .05 k2o
Ph- 6.5-7
Fertilizer used and watering periods- shultz 10-15-10 four droplets mixed with 24oz of bottled water, than watered well after up till now.

Well that's about it really? I used the fert only once just as it started to grow bigger. Than this started to happen and its working its way up the fan leaves, note its only the fan leaves and not the secondary growth.
Also after reading what was on the bag of soil it said for potting mix four parts compost/manure to one part soil. So I've done a few things wrong before we even began and didn't realize it.

Will mixing up new soil do more damage than already done since it has its root system all ready?
Also this can explain why I was getting a slow growth rate at the beginning?

Any more info you guys/gals need to help me out let me know

Sorry for the double upload but I'm using my phone, and the first one was with flash on... also if it helps this is an afghan kush or at least what the seed company said

--------------------

Edited by theman420 (07/12/11 12:24 AM)

Invisiblemhbound
Ballin out at all cost
Male User Gallery

#571413 - 07/12/11 12:27 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

I would mix up some new soil and get them in it asap, if you don't have root-rot you're right on schedule for it. I could be wrong, but it won't hurt and I with the better pictures I think its definitely safe to say its not a nutrient problem at least not directly linked to overfeeding, maybe a pH problem causing some sort of nutrient problem but they definitely look over-watered.

If its moving from the bottom up I bet its a watering problem, the new growth looks 'ok' still showing signs of stress, probably from watering as well.

That's my best guess, I had the same problem with a soil I was using and I mixed up a new batch with more perlite and within a couple of weeks the plants didn't even look the same you never would have thought they were the same plants.

--------------------
Suck my balls America

Offlinetheman420

#571416 - 07/12/11 12:54 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Alrite ill mix up some new soil, and transplant tomarrow. Either way, its a good idea to get it in a new pot. Thanks mhbound for the help. I'll keep you all posted to see how it is in a week or so

--------------------

Offlinemuse42
Zomberrific

Loc: West Coast
    #571915 - 07/13/11 07:43 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

What type of bottled water are you using?  If it's not distilled, then your pH is most likely going to get messed up again.

--------------------
It looks like it's going to be another Gravity Bong type day...

Invisiblemhbound
Ballin out at all cost
Male User Gallery

Re: are these chemical burns? [Re: muse42]
    #571916 - 07/13/11 07:44 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Most bottled water is fine to use out of the bottle. Shit I use sink water and yes its a littler trickier it works fine.

Edit: I guess it could actually depending if you are adding the calcium and shit.

--------------------
Suck my balls America

Edited by mhbound (07/13/11 07:44 PM)

Offlinemuse42
Zomberrific

Loc: West Coast
    #571922 - 07/13/11 07:48 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Most bottled water is fine to use out of the bottle. Shit I use sink water and yes its a littler trickier it works fine.

I find this not to be true, at least not in my area.  I have tested Ozarka Spring water at a pH of 8+.

My tap water is easily high 8 to low 9 in pH

--------------------
It looks like it's going to be another Gravity Bong type day...

Edited by muse42 (07/13/11 07:49 PM)

Invisiblemhbound
Ballin out at all cost
Male User Gallery

Re: are these chemical burns? [Re: muse42]
    #571923 - 07/13/11 07:50 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

oh shit, never knew that. mine has always been roughly around 6.5 give or take...deer park and a few others ive used. They may need a little adjusting but they seem to do well, but you are right I've heard that brand matters.

--------------------
Suck my balls America

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder