Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Gold Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineCheeba
Ass-Wipe
Female

Loc: Timid Deer Lane Flag
Single Question about Male Plants
    #562833 - 06/07/11 10:37 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Hello everyone, I have one single question, like the title says. Before I say it, I want to you all to know that I have very little experience and some knowledge (thus the reason I chose here to learn) so please don't fancy me noobish. Okay now that that's said, I have a question about male plants. I've heard that after pollunation that males die, is this anyway reversible? I lied about the single question, I have one more...If you have a male plant in a single room (no females in the building)and let it go through it's cycle and eventually die (or kill it) how long, roughly, until you can grow females without the chance of them developing seeds? Years, months, days? Answers are appreciated!

--------------------
"The bird that would soar above the level plain of tradition and prejudice must have strong wings."

-Kate Chopin

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineKaptKid
Spaced Pirate
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bright Side of the Sun
Re: Single Question about Male Plants [Re: Cheeba]
    #562836 - 06/07/11 10:47 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Never tried to grow a male past getting pollen.Why would u want to keep it around?

If pollen has been released in a grow room, u can spray water to kill the pollen. I used bleach/ water the time it happen to me.

--------------------
Child of the 60's, Tripping ever sence.

Offlinem3kgt
User
 User Gallery

Loc: G-Spot TX
    #562853 - 06/07/11 11:25 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

KaptKid said:
If pollen has been released in a grow room, u can spray water to kill the pollen. I used bleach/ water the time it happen to me.

Under high heat and high moisture conditions pollen will be destroyed within a few weeks to a month (considering extreme conditions). Although, pollen can also stay viable for long periods of time when well kept. Several months to a full year. So if you plan on not running into problems with a grow room, I would do a full sweep with some water and bleach.

--------------------

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

#562857 - 06/07/11 11:28 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

I've heard that after pollunation that males die, is this anyway reversible?

Yes by putting the plants back under 18 to 24 hrs of light so the plant can revert. That process takes weeks and shocks the plant a little. Best to take cuttings off of a father plant flower those for the pollen you need.

Quote:

roughly, until you can grow females without the chance of them developing seeds? Years, months, days? Answers are appreciated!

KaptKid got that one already. :happyweed:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies