Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineeNtranceAsexit
Bang-a-Bang-Boogie

yo, i need a job man!
    #559962 - 05/30/11 10:55 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

but no one is hiring any good musicians, lately! what the fuck do i do about getting my music out into the SCENE?

SERIOUSLY! :confused:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblestill beLIEve
State Property..Again
Male

Loc: a world thats not my own
Re: yo, i need a job man! [Re: eNtranceAsexit]
    #559966 - 05/30/11 11:03 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

what kinda music

--------------------
niteowl said:
See, that term pedo gets thrown around a lot.
Is a 16 year old guy having sex w/a 16 year old girl a pedophile?
If not, then how is a 30 year old considered a pedophile for doing the same thing?
I think y'all need to look up the definition for pedophile.

OfflineeNtranceAsexit
Bang-a-Bang-Boogie

Re: yo, i need a job man! [Re: still beLIEve]
    #559970 - 05/30/11 11:21 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

anything.

OfflineKaptKid
Spaced Pirate
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bright Side of the Sun
    #559971 - 05/30/11 11:22 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Post some tunes.

--------------------
Child of the 60's, Tripping ever sence.

OfflineeNtranceAsexit
Bang-a-Bang-Boogie

Re: yo, i need a job man! [Re: KaptKid]
    #559975 - 05/30/11 11:26 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

here is something i am working on with reason
http://www.box.net/shared/99zj1r9xf2

if it doesn't work, i'll be uploading another verion here, in just a sec.

OfflineTHEBats
The Bridge Master
Male

#560129 - 05/31/11 09:27 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

It's important to understand that the music scene is really saturated with electronic music in a lot of places because anyone with a computer can create tracks.  What's going to set you apart is either a killer stage show or tracks with unique melodies that get stuck in your head.

That said I don't know much about getting into that kind of thing.  I know a few people who spin, one who does it semi-successfully.  As with most things I imagine it's WHO you know more than WHAT you know.  So get out there, meet people and introduce your tracks to them.

--------------------
kickin-two-hundo said:
you know what i did in english class? I came to class stoned out of my mind every day, i chugged vodka in the back of class, i put dead fish in the ceiling tiles. i put a gallon of old milk and orange juice in the file cabinet before winter vacation. i brought snakes in a tied up sweater and let them loose during class. i didnt go to school to learn, i went because i had to. i didnt care, and i didn't fucking listen to that stupid bitch. and i still don't fucking care. i tore the pages out of her books and burned them, and threw away all the books in the class, two books per day.  :twobooks:

OfflineeNtranceAsexit
Bang-a-Bang-Boogie

Re: yo, i need a job man! [Re: THEBats]
    #560134 - 05/31/11 09:34 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

true, that's true... it's not easy to jsut put yourself out there though... especailly with the "oversaturation" as you put it...

but good advise, man, you're right... i DO need catchy melodies.
i am practicing more musical... theory and practicing more... of ideal of melodies and harmony. but also more then that, just some unique set-pieces for those harmonies to stand up to and have as a background... would be my goal also.

i need ideals... like, conceptual ideals. my influences just aren't coming through... =(

thanks for listening and stuff, man. =)

OfflineTHEBats
The Bridge Master
Male

#560147 - 05/31/11 10:27 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Just don't get too complicated.  The songs that catch on are ones you can whistle their melodies to yourself.  Of course good music expands far beyond this boundary however if your goal is to get noticed in the electronic music industry then you have to first establish a fan base with some catchy tracks.  Then you can have more room to experiment. 

That or a killer stage show like deadmau5.  Not to say some of his tracks aren't tight but a lot of the fame comes from his signature stage set-up and mouse helmet.

--------------------
kickin-two-hundo said:
you know what i did in english class? I came to class stoned out of my mind every day, i chugged vodka in the back of class, i put dead fish in the ceiling tiles. i put a gallon of old milk and orange juice in the file cabinet before winter vacation. i brought snakes in a tied up sweater and let them loose during class. i didnt go to school to learn, i went because i had to. i didnt care, and i didn't fucking listen to that stupid bitch. and i still don't fucking care. i tore the pages out of her books and burned them, and threw away all the books in the class, two books per day.  :twobooks:

Edited by THEBats (05/31/11 10:28 AM)

OfflineeNtranceAsexit
Bang-a-Bang-Boogie

#560157 - 05/31/11 10:53 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

well, i like more then just dance and IDM music, ya know... i like ambient, i like dub... (not really dubstep though) i do experimental music, because... well, i like noise... noise... music, same difference. :shrug:

i don't needz a niche, i need concept... you are right aobut having a catch but DOES it have to be melody? can't it be environment? a specific atmosphere or some kind other concept like that? what could i do like that, that would be catchy?

OfflineTHEBats
The Bridge Master
Male

#560167 - 05/31/11 11:24 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

I only mentioned melody because it is probably the strongest aspect of a song people are going to remember and it's what is going to get stuck in someones head.  Rhythm can be equally powerful though.  Take a song like smells like teen spirit.  The rhythm is instantaneously recognizable however so is the melody of the guitar solo which is just mimicking previous vocal lines.

These are the two elements that come together most often to make a catchy tune. If you concentrate solely on one or the other then you're less likely to create something that people will remember by name.

There are exceptions of course.  One I always think of is dayvan cowboy by boards of canada.  Great song, one of their best.  Certainly my favorite off the album and a commercial success for the band.  Yet it's really hard to pinpoint one rhythm or melody which sticks out to represent the song.  Rather it's the way the song progresses and it's resolution which make it such a powerful tune.  Hard to call the song catchy but it does grab your attention to the end but it still works off the same principle of melody over rhythm to create a strong driving force.  It just vastly expands upon the concept we see in most popular music.

--------------------
kickin-two-hundo said:

OfflineeNtranceAsexit
Bang-a-Bang-Boogie

#560179 - 05/31/11 11:44 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

exactly, good point, man.

well... i don't know where to begin is the problem.. i mean, liek you said... with that BOC song it's like... the melody is indiscriminate and it's mostly this projected rhythm...

well, shit... there is so much you can do. have you heard any mouse on mars? any oval? check them out... so much shit i can do... but something original? shit dog. you're absolutely right, it needs the basics... but i can make a cool melody.

and rhythm... something catchy or something that accents? accents what? how the melody sounds? what should it sound like?

give me some clues, maaan... :sherlock: give me and example... like, what do some electronica songs remind you of? what does this shit make you feel? or what do you general like to "feel" or what do you "get" from music?

OfflineTHEBats
The Bridge Master
Male

#560197 - 05/31/11 11:59 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

It's all about experimentation and the realization that we as people perceive the world a little differently each day.  This comes more into play with an actual instrument as far as playing nuances go but I imagine it plays a role as well in much electronica music as well.

How do you record?  Do you simply use a program or do you have a midi keyboard or something of the sort?  I ask because I feel a huge part of music is improv, and I feel with just a program it becomes more difficult to let your musical thoughts flow.  The whole process of making music changes when you don't have a physical instrument to record as you play.

--------------------
kickin-two-hundo said:

Edited by THEBats (05/31/11 12:15 PM)

OfflineeNtranceAsexit
Bang-a-Bang-Boogie

#560208 - 05/31/11 12:22 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

i like technically determining things to be played through formula... but i also do have a midi key board yes, and have been practicing also, to produce more composed pieces and not just so much like collage and dance.

:grin:

damn, heretic is more intense then doom.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom