Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineArcbound Phyrexian
Stranger

Problems with casual grow...
    #556886 - 05/19/11 10:17 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

First of all:

1. Are you growing from seed or clones?  Bag seed.
2. How old are your plants?  Somewhere between 3 and 4 weeks... :stoned:
3. How tall are your plants? 4-7"
4. What size containers are they planted in?  I think they're about 1/2 gallon pots.
5. What is your soil mix? Potting mix with a little vermiculite.
6. How often do you water and what type of water do you use?  3-4 days when needed with tap water.
7. What is the pH of your water?  I dunno. It's from a well.
8. What kind of fertilizer do you use and what is its NPK ratio? Uhh... the small, white things in the potting mix, plus I put in those "plant food" sticks. :tongue:
9. Do you foliar feed or spray your plants with anything? No?
10. What kind of lights do you use and how many watts combined? 6500K CFLs with 392 total watts across the box.
11. How close are your lights to the plants? 2-4"+
12. What size is your grow space in square feet? 6'
13. What is the temperature and humidity in your grow space? Around 82F and 50-60%
14. What is the pH of the soil? I dunno.
15. Have you noticed any insect activity in your grow space? Nope.
16. How much experience do you have growing? None with marijuana. :tongue:

Ok, I have five plants. All of them were started at the same time and each one was done exactly the same as the other four. I even cycle their positions in the box, so everything is equal.

However, two of the plants are really big and (seemingly) healthy, whereas the other three stayed small and their bottom leaves started to yellow. I kept an eye on them for a couple days and noticed that all of the smaller ones are now turning a lighter green, though not wilted and dry like the bottom leaves were. I also noticed that the bottom leaves of the bigger two are just starting to yellow.

Here are some pics:

What am I doing wrong? :confused:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblemhbound
Ballin out at all cost
Male User Gallery

Loc: High Flag
Re: Problems with casual grow... [Re: Arcbound Phyrexian]
    #556896 - 05/19/11 10:50 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

pH problem more than likely. ph that is slightly off can lockout nutrients causing plants to look similar to yours depending on the exact problem.

ph of soil too

--------------------
Suck my balls America

Offlinemuse42
Zomberrific

Loc: West Coast
Re: Problems with casual grow... [Re: mhbound]
    #556913 - 05/20/11 12:35 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

7. What is the pH of your water?  I dunno. It's from a well.

You need to know this

Quote:

. What kind of fertilizer do you use and what is its NPK ratio? Uhh... the small, white things in the potting mix, plus I put in those "plant food" sticks.

The small, white things are most-likely perlite, not food.  And I can't imagine the "plant food" sticks are going work.

I agree, more than likely a pH problem.  Until you now the pH of your water, we can't really diagnose further.

--------------------
It looks like it's going to be another Gravity Bong type day...

OfflineArcbound Phyrexian
Stranger

Re: Problems with casual grow... [Re: muse42]
    #556951 - 05/20/11 11:21 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

My aquarium test strips say the tap water is about 7.8. Is this bad? How can I correct it? Are my plants ruined?

Invisiblec99hunter
 User Gallery
Re: Problems with casual grow... [Re: Arcbound Phyrexian]
    #556956 - 05/20/11 12:09 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Arcbound Phyrexian said:
My aquarium test strips say the tap water is about 7.8. Is this bad? How can I correct it? Are my plants ruined?

Yes, that's too high and combine that with the "plant stick" nutes you are using, 99% sure those are your problems. You need some ph down and some better nutes.

Offlinemuse42
Zomberrific

Loc: West Coast
Re: Problems with casual grow... [Re: c99hunter]
    #557165 - 05/21/11 08:38 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Yes (that's bad) No (your plants are not ruined).  Your water's pH should be in the 6.5-7 range.  I try and stay as close to 6.5 as possible.

Do you have a hydro shop?  If not, check online. 
You should get a pH drop tester kit.  The one that comes with pH up and down.  They are like $15

--------------------
It looks like it's going to be another Gravity Bong type day...

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck