Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

PhytoExtractum Shop: Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleMR.HEADY
PorchMonkey
 User Gallery

Loc: Toothless acres . West Vi...
How many guitarist on here?
    #555371 - 05/13/11 09:52 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

I recently started playing again after 15 years of not touching a guitar.Ive already learned a few songs and  it is amazing I fucking love it ill never be hendrix but damn its awesome ...

--------------------
[quote]FarBeyondDriven said:
Anybody ever tell you you're the result of a broken prophylactic in the back seat of a 74 Mercury?[/quote]

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblenannybooboo
 User Gallery
Re: How many guitarist on here? [Re: MR.HEADY]
    #555372 - 05/13/11 10:02 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Good vibes dude! Just having fun is the most important thing. Making the transition from percussion to stringed instruments was/is a hell of a ride for me, and it's hard walking around the city now without a guitar or ukulele to accompany meself.

OfflineTHEBats
The Bridge Master
Male

Re: How many guitarist on here? [Re: nannybooboo]
    #555375 - 05/13/11 10:18 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

--------------------
kickin-two-hundo said:
you know what i did in english class? I came to class stoned out of my mind every day, i chugged vodka in the back of class, i put dead fish in the ceiling tiles. i put a gallon of old milk and orange juice in the file cabinet before winter vacation. i brought snakes in a tied up sweater and let them loose during class. i didnt go to school to learn, i went because i had to. i didnt care, and i didn't fucking listen to that stupid bitch. and i still don't fucking care. i tore the pages out of her books and burned them, and threw away all the books in the class, two books per day.  :twobooks:

Offline0rusnjos
Stranger
Re: How many guitarist on here? [Re: THEBats]
    #555419 - 05/14/11 01:58 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

What's your fellas favorite key?

OfflineSteve Buscemi

Re: How many guitarist on here? [Re: 0rusnjos]
    #555420 - 05/14/11 02:01 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Em

Offline0rusnjos
Stranger
Re: How many guitarist on here? [Re: Steve Buscemi]
    #555422 - 05/14/11 02:09 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Nice.  I used to be a G major whore then stuck more with F sharp major, and now I'm digging A flat major.  D deminished is fun as fuck though, gotta love deminished keys!

OfflineTHEBats
The Bridge Master
Male

#555443 - 05/14/11 08:04 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Diminished isn't a key.  I prefer playing stuff that doesn't stick to keys but rely on tonal centers more.

--------------------
kickin-two-hundo said:
you know what i did in english class? I came to class stoned out of my mind every day, i chugged vodka in the back of class, i put dead fish in the ceiling tiles. i put a gallon of old milk and orange juice in the file cabinet before winter vacation. i brought snakes in a tied up sweater and let them loose during class. i didnt go to school to learn, i went because i had to. i didnt care, and i didn't fucking listen to that stupid bitch. and i still don't fucking care. i tore the pages out of her books and burned them, and threw away all the books in the class, two books per day.  :twobooks:

InvisibleiwasaClown
Imagining.
Male

#555533 - 05/14/11 03:36 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

I just like a-swinging my hair.
:hairmetal:

--------------------
"...And this I believe: that the free, exploring mind of the individual human is the most valuable thing in the world. And this I would fight for: the freedom of the mind to take any direction it wishes, undirected. And this I must fight against: any idea, religion, or government which limits or destroys the individual."

Offline0rusnjos
Stranger
Re: How many guitarist on here? [Re: iwasaClown] * 1
    #555643 - 05/15/11 02:13 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

God them snooty fucking guitarist gotta always come out and try to flaunt some wicked thoery on our asses.  Fuck that modulation rules fuck your tonality.  Go jerk of to Coltrane and rip some fucking Dorian over A minor in I, III, V, VII, II, IV, VI, progression.  It'll break your heart and make you realize some things. 

Oh yeah what's your opinion on voice leading? Not too many guitarist apply it, it's very difficult to accomplish correctly and on the fly.  I just feel no one really appriciates thought threw music that makes melodic and rythmic sense.  Most compostions today sound like gregorian chants, what with the constant fifths and G major whoring.  But when people here voice leading they seem turned off as if it almost flows to well.  I don't know, no one appriciates what an amazing thing the understanding of music is and how complex it really is, but yet so simple.  I rising third can bring a tear to my eye at the right moment and a diminished chord can shatter my soul, thats power right there. 

Vibes man, strings, connections, theories of all existance, just vibes

And we know how to fuck with them, we musicians have a true gift, a deeper understanding of the vibrations all around us

Fuck you and your guitar though

OfflineKing Koopa
Natty
 User Gallery

#555651 - 05/15/11 06:26 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

:awesome:

--------------------
Alcoholics Anonymous is a fellowship of men and women who share their experience, strength and hope with each other that they may solve their common problem and help others to recover from alcoholism.

The only requirement for membership is a desire to stop drinking. There are no dues or fees for A.A. membership; we are self-supporting through our own contributions. A.A. is not allied with any sect, denomination, politics, organization or institution; does not wish to engage in any controversy; neither endorses nor opposes any causes. Our primary purpose is to stay sober and help other alcoholics to achieve sobriety.

OfflineAce
King Of It All

Re: How many guitarist on here? [Re: King Koopa]
    #555655 - 05/15/11 08:03 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

been awhile since I been on this site, used to play guitar looking to get another soon ( JACKSON )

OfflineTHEBats
The Bridge Master
Male

#555663 - 05/15/11 09:01 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

0rusnjos said:
God them snooty fucking guitarist gotta always come out and try to flaunt some wicked thoery on our asses.  Fuck that modulation rules fuck your tonality.  Go jerk of to Coltrane and rip some fucking Dorian over A minor in I, III, V, VII, II, IV, VI, progression.  It'll break your heart and make you realize some things. 

Oh yeah what's your opinion on voice leading? Not too many guitarist apply it, it's very difficult to accomplish correctly and on the fly.  I just feel no one really appriciates thought threw music that makes melodic and rythmic sense.  Most compostions today sound like gregorian chants, what with the constant fifths and G major whoring.  But when people here voice leading they seem turned off as if it almost flows to well.  I don't know, no one appriciates what an amazing thing the understanding of music is and how complex it really is, but yet so simple.  I rising third can bring a tear to my eye at the right moment and a diminished chord can shatter my soul, thats power right there. 

Vibes man, strings, connections, theories of all existance, just vibes

And we know how to fuck with them, we musicians have a true gift, a deeper understanding of the vibrations all around us

Fuck you and your guitar though

:ilold: You mad bro?  I didn't flaunt any theory, merely corrected you.  If you can't take it then don't talk about shit you don't understand.  I play all kinds of music but focus on tonal centers right now because it develops the ear better and makes one a better guitarist.

--------------------
kickin-two-hundo said:

OfflineSteve Buscemi

#555665 - 05/15/11 09:30 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Guy has no idea what he's saying. I knew it was bullshit when he asked for favorite key....... never heard a guitarist say that before.

OfflineTHEBats
The Bridge Master
Male

#555671 - 05/15/11 10:09 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

If anything he's the one attempting to flaunt his understanding of theory but he's failing miserably at it.

--------------------
kickin-two-hundo said:

OfflineSteve Buscemi

#555672 - 05/15/11 10:20 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

All I know is some chords and a couple blues leads to hit on top of them.

OfflineTHEBats
The Bridge Master
Male

#555674 - 05/15/11 10:25 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

The only reasons I know as much as I know, which really is miniscule compared to what there is to know, is because I take lessons from an accomplished jazz/studio guitarist.  On my own I enjoy learning fingerstyle arrangements a lot but really I try to learn a little bit of everything but I know there are some ways of playing that I would've never thought to do without what I've learned from him.

Of course in the end all that matters is that you sound good and you enjoy playing. Theory is merely a tool to help in understanding music.  The way you phrase your music and perform is personal.

--------------------
kickin-two-hundo said:

Edited by THEBats (05/15/11 10:29 AM)

OfflineSteve Buscemi

#555679 - 05/15/11 10:29 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

I just bought a bunch of books with tabs and cds and started trying to learn blues and old country style finger picking tunes....... I can play tons of easy little tunes, know jack shit about theory and cant read any sheet music.

OfflineTHEBats
The Bridge Master
Male

#555684 - 05/15/11 10:54 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Blues is a good place to start because the pentatonic scale fits over a lot of different chords.  I would start by learning the minor pentatonic is all positions.  Then those same exact notes make up the minor pentatonic but the root changes.  For example, if you're playing C Major pentatonic it has the same exact notes as A Minor pentatonic because A is the relative minor of C.

Once you know the concept of relative minors it expands your playing a lot.  Then there's the Major(Ionian Mode) and the the Minor(Aeolian mode).  Again the same applies.  C major has the same notes as A minor. 

The circle of fifths is a nice quick reference to figuring out relative minors.

--------------------
kickin-two-hundo said:

OfflineSteve Buscemi

#555687 - 05/15/11 10:59 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Funny I actually gave someone that advice on shroomery yesterday.

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Loc: Nepal Flag
    #555689 - 05/15/11 11:04 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

0rusnjos said:
Nice.  I used to be a G major whore then stuck more with F sharp major, and now I'm digging A flat major.  D deminished is fun as fuck though, gotta love deminished keys!

You sound like one of those people who play in a bunch of uncommon keys not because you're good at it or it sounds nice, but because you want to be able to flaunt your ability to play in keys that are uncomfortable for most stringed instruments.

Also, capo's are for cheating faggots.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

PhytoExtractum Shop: Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder